The BEST strains of all time. Vote here!

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Its wrapped in banana leaves put basically in a mixture of soil and compost. I think i read about this in skunk mag. The microbes break it down and it takes a month or more of fermentation. Its supposed to be the best way to give erb a more potent feeling. Its layers of compost and soil too...memory isnt the greatest

those wraps are called cobs. They used corn husks I thought too. But I don’t really believe the hype. What exactly ferments? It’s not fruit.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

those wraps are called cobs. They used corn husks I thought too. But I don’t really believe the hype. What exactly ferments? It’s not fruit.
Microbes! They are the reason for the flavor being freed up more in erb during the dry and cure especially the cure!

In Mexico, other countries maybe too, they pile up the dried plants in such a way it ferments(sweetens) the smoke....i was told this by a mexican immigrant....he was a farm helper down there sometime ago...the dirst compsot thing in africa. I think it was Malawi was where they were doing it, in the article i read.

Pretty interdasting man! What ferments? Prolly thevsaccarides sugars carbs that microbes break down to simple sugars?

Not 100% sure...lol..my bad memory!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Microbes! They are the reason for the flavor being freed up more in erb during the dry and cure especially the cure!

In Mexico, other countries maybe too, they pile up the dried plants in such a way it ferments(sweetens) the smoke....i was told this by a mexican immigrant....he was a farm helper down there sometime ago...the dirst compsot thing in africa. I think it was Malawi was where they were doing it, in the article i read.

Pretty interdasting man! What ferments? Prolly thevsaccarides sugars carbs that microbes break down to simple sugars?

Not 100% sure...lol..my bad memory!

the only thing that happens is microbes keep eating chlorophyll until all the moisture is gone. The rest is made up hype.

RastaZombie

RastaZombie

There was some Jack Herer clone that came around about the same time as the LVPK for us. It was quick (9-10 wks) went all sorts of purple and red. Frosty and was about the fruitiest thing I have grown. Was called the "cup" pheno or the "juicy fruit" pheno but who knows. Just good all around. Not crazy strong (think around 14% ish but high in CBD also) just damn good smoke that stuck out over the years in flav and appearance. As far as best all around I would go with that.
You have sparked my brain plugs

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Did
The real skunk was not a pheno it was a worked strain that @growsince79 described earlier. Later skunk 1 was worked more. The phenos everyone seems to be wanting are from skunk 1.

last time I had a proper skunk was skunk 6 in the mountains of Colorado in 2006 or so. It’s legit. It won a 1996 cup in Holland. And it’s black market weed and those guys would never let the legal market have it.

my friend that lives up in Leadville said it still comes around sometimes so they must still have the cut. He is looking for seeds for me but the strain is quite stable. I never saw a bag seed in it.
I've heard every part of your story. It is true! Shanti would put over 20 seeds in typical 10 packs, as people would pop hundreds pheno hunting. Again Shanti, Mr Nice chsnged the game, and took it to it's best.
Skunk is Cat Piss, it is the roadkill, it is Grape Ape, and a bunch more.
The ORIGINAL greenhouse crew took over. First White Rhino, Widow, SSH...NL #5 is to weed as what an apple is to Issac Newton.
Without NL 5, Haze would never fully finish, and would always be seeded. Equatorial strains wouldn't be around w/out Shanti, and friends

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Did

I've heard every part of your story. It is true! Shanti would put over 20 seeds in typical 10 packs, as people would pop hundreds pheno hunting. Again Shanti, Mr Nice chsnged the game, and took it to it's best.
The ORIGINAL greenhouse crew took over. First White Rhino, Widow, SSH...NL #5 is to weed as what an apple is to Issac Newton.
Without NL 5, Haze would never fully finish, and would always be seeded. Equatorial strains wouldn't be around w/out Shanti, and friends

I think back that far shantibaba was still Neville’s assistant. And skunk 1 was skunk man Sam’s strain for a different earlier seed bank as far as I know. The history is posted on the authentic genetics threads. The rat that turned those guys in back then was even posting til he got banned.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I think back that far shantibaba was still Neville’s assistant. And skunk 1 was skunk man Sam’s strain for a different earlier seed bank as far as I know. The history is posted on the authentic genetics threads. The rat that turned those guys in back then was even posting til he got banned.
The only part I'm not sure about, is wgen Sam cam in the picture? Did he bring them the genetics? Were they separate entities?
I can't recall

growsince79

growsince79

Did

Equatorial strains are still around without the help of any indica. 100% pure Colombian sativa 2020.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Yes they are.
I never said they weren't. Oh, this guy .
Hang in the Special people’s forum. There's real talk going on here

growsince79

growsince79

Yes they are.
I never said they weren't. Oh, this guy .
Hang in the Special people’s forum. There's real talk going on here
You said " Equatorial strains wouldn't be around w/out Shanti, and friends". That statement is wrong.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Of corse you were the ONLY person who didn't get it.
Did you bother to read the thread?
Rhetorical

growsince79

growsince79

Of corse you were the ONLY person who didn't get it.
Did you bother to read the thread?
Rhetorical
You seem to display a pattern of posting misinformation here. First you claim you can make buds in a jar last forever without any degradation. Now you claim Equatorial sativa wouldn't exist without Shanti. LOL How old are you kid?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

You seem to display a pattern of posting misinformation here. First you claim you can make buds in a jar last forever without any degradation. Now you claim Equatorial sativa wouldn't exist without Shanti. LOL How old are you kid?
You have a pattern consistent with a very special person. I shall treat you as such.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

If you want a little education, read a few books on the subject.
I will say this once for you, as you don't seem to process facts.
True Hazes have been around, but they would not finish.
Neville, who could be called the father of the modern Haze, and the creator of Neville's Haze finally was able to get the plants to finish, often taking 15-20 weeks. He was able to accomplish this by crossing em with NL#5. They still took a long time to finish, but they would.
It was a giant breakthrough in cannabis breeding.
Use as much, if any attention span you may have, and Google Neville's Haze.
By the 90's strains like Super Silver began winning Cannabis Cups.
Now, this is well documented!
MAYBE you'll learn something, as I'm not doing anymore research for you.

growsince79

growsince79

If you want a little education, read a few books on the subject.
I will say this once for you, as you don't seem to process facts.
True Hazes have been around, but they would not finish.
Neville, who could be called the father of the modern Haze, and the creator of Neville's Haze finally was able to get the plants to finish, often taking 15-20 weeks. He was able to accomplish this by crossing em with NL#5. They still took a long time to finish, but they would.
It was a giant breakthrough in cannabis breeding.
Use as much, if any attention span you may have, and Google Neville's Haze.
By the 90's strains like Super Silver began winning Cannabis Cups.
Now, this is well documented!
MAYBE you'll learn something, as I'm not doing anymore research for you.
I don't have to read history books. I was there growing before anyone ever heard of haze or skunk.
Here's the daughter of the 15 ft Colombian I just posted. It probably won't finish like it should. It's pollinated by an 80% indica.

IMG 20210410 181424791
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I don't have to read history books. I was there growing before anyone ever heard of haze or skunk.
Here's the daughter of the 15 ft Colombian I just posted. It probably won't finish like it should. It's pollinated by an 80% indica.
Of corse you don't.
You know it all. Those who know it all, know NOTHING at all! Incapable of learning.
Now, I'm asking you kindly to ignore anything I post. If I want to speak to an emotional 6 year old, I'd teach kindergarten

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Of corse you don't.
You know it all. Those who know it all, know NOTHING at all! Incapable of learning.
Now, I'm asking you kindly to ignore anything I post. If I want to speak to an emotional 6 year old, I'd teach kindergarten
Getting tired of you 2 bickering constantly!!
There is a ignore button you both can use on each other!
I suggest you use it:)

Top Bottom