The Best Weed!!!

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Agreed. Direct splicing of genes at the cellular level bad. Selection and continuation of desired genes through sexual reproduction good.

That’s selective breeding. Mother Nature still does the heavy lifting. And breeders are working WITH Mother Nature. I’m totally on board with this kind of breeding.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agreed. Direct splicing of genes at the cellular level bad. Selection and continuation of desired genes through sexual reproduction good.

I agree with the fear. I am a big sci fi fan and have a huge imagination.

But don’t forget these “horrible” companies scientists have already figured out how to grow stable food crops that have helped feed the worlds rising population.

Stoner problems aside. ;-)

F

FutureGrower

Tinkering with a car and breeding weed are very different things. People who hunt phenos are doing hard work and should own that work. Genetically modified is something different and I think it should probably be outlawed since it has such potential to "infect" other peoples natural crops with possibly harmful pollen. I think it is too hard to contain to mess with. We don't know what the long term effects are going to be. No one does.

So breeders deserve to be paid but not mechanics?
@JWM2 man nobody owns anything though. That's a deep rabbit hole lol

Farmer P

Farmer P

I was using an analogy to better illustrate my underlying point. And maybe I’m operating under wishful thinking. But that’s how I am. I see this market headed in the wrong direction and it was that way in 2001 when I started collecting genetics.

Too many folks trying to make a buck off someone else’s work when all they did was toss some pollen.

Don’t get me wrong there are folks putting in work and churning out remarkable results. But if they are strictly profit motivated then they don’t have the plant in their heart they have dollar signs. And that imo is a problem.

I feel you , but I think the reason I don't like the Idea of patenting a strain (I say only phenos are uniqe and should be patentable) is because that would give you claim on other peoples phenos. It's the individual pheno that is unique and it's dna is exactly unique. If you had a true breeding strain that put out the same plants every time then I could see you patenting it but there is no such thing that I know of. I've bought and sprouted enough seeds to know that. Even in the best breeders gear you are going to find a lot of variation. This gets back to what we were talking about earlier about great plants seeming to be one in a thousand and thats even if you take 1000 of any breeders seeds. If you know a breeder who can give the same elite chronic weed in every seed let me know cause I'll buy some now lol! But a clone can give elite chronic weed every time and should be patentable!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
This is why I am not really for “legal” weed. It’s just regulated for the courts to arrest over and of course ways to make money.
I agree, everyone needs to get of the i want it legal train and get on the decriminalization train. There’s no reason to regulate a simple plant.
Oh except greed, that’s a great reason to keep it criminalized.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I’m for them stopping the arrests and allowing adults to use it as they please. Today you can be arrested for simple possession in Michigan. Next week you’ll need a lot more than a few joints to get arrested. That’s progress.

Always good and bad with everything.

It’s not like I’m an activist against it. But remember more arrests were made after medical was passed. Many more. Now it will all be scanned and taxed too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I agree, everyone needs to get of the i want it legal train and get on the decriminalization train. There’s no reason to regulate a simple plant.
Oh except greed, that’s a great reason to keep it criminalized.

Way too late. Lol

F

FutureGrower

I never said that. And that was not the point of my post. I think everyone deserves to be compensated for their work.

I wasnt quoting you and the guy I was quoting I was joking with I'm sorry I'm tired it was a poor attempt at humor text is hard to portray sometimes

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Always good and bad with everything.

It’s not like I’m an activist against it. But remember more arrests were made after medical was passed. Many more. Now it will all be scanned and taxed too.

Of course. Ya take the good, ya take the bad, ya put it all together and there ya have......

SinCity

SinCity

Absolutely not. I do it with my elites all the time.
But no business will keep things small and controllable. It’s a race of who will get the biggest company first so they can control the market later.

Some business owners will absolutely stay small for quality control--as a matter of honor and dedication to truly great week they will.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This topic has strayed from its original point. It’s kind of funny to look around and think “how did we get here?”. Haha.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Some business owners will absolutely stay small for quality control--as a matter of honor and dedication to truly great week they will.
Well I go buy what I have experienced. And I haven’t found a single dispensary that can carry happy clean clones year round.
And I’ve heard the same horror stories in Cali.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I just don't understand this idea that you can't make clean clones...

Before I started growing outdoors, I never had a single pest or pathogen.
I’ve been growing in my basement for 18 years and the only time I have had pest other then gnats or thrips is from clones brought in from someone else. So yes it can be done. But nobody is going to stay small enough for that kind of control. There will be a quota to make including $10,000+ yearly registration fee’s that just kill the mom and pop shops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom