The Best Weed!!!

• Thread starter Farmer P
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SinCity

SinCity

I agree with the fear. I am a big sci fi fan and have a huge imagination.

But don’t forget these “horrible” companies scientists have already figured out how to grow stable food crops that have helped feed the worlds rising population.

Stoner problems aside. ;-)

Pest resistant, drought resistant, high yielding and consistent, and STABLE. These have been essential for keeping the world fed and keeping farmers from having disastrous years.

HUGE science fiction fan myself--

SinCity

SinCity

I’ve been growing in my basement for 18 years and the only time I have had pest other then gnats or thrips is from clones brought in from someone else. So yes it can be done. But nobody is going to stay small enough for that kind of control. There will be a quota to make including $10,000+ yearly registration fee’s that just kill the mom and pop shops.

i will. Many paths in the new legal landscape.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I was more worried about picking up hitchhiking pests at the dispensaries (medical lol) around here than the local garden store.
I wouldn’t take clones home from any dispensary without hitting them with eagle20 because I already know the powdery mildew is deep within them. LoL
The worst part is it won’t rear its ugly face till your in flower.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
i will. Many paths in the new legal landscape.

See and I think that’s what is frustrating most of these growers. The paths that have been provided are all cost prohibitive and feed the exact people who yesterday were wanting to lock them up. Sadly this is how it works. Unless you have huge financial backing you can’t make it in the new legal realm. And the ones who have the financial backing most of the time have no business growing. It’s a mess. And it sucks. But that’s progress.

Farmer P

Farmer P

All it takes is one lazy employee who picked clones up somewhere else for his tent. From there he handles his plants everyday before he heads to work.;)
I'm sure big ag would have a backup copy of a backup copy of a ....

If one facility got infected they will have a lab somewhere that has uninfected copies.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Not necessarily.
It is very frustrating dealing with the mafia, cough cough, ummm government lol. I had a business and one of the main reasons I sold it was that I got sick of dealing with .gov. Always wanting their cut. The amount of licenses and permits was astounding. And they all have to be renewed from time to time. They always got their hands in your pie and it sucks.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I'm sure big ag would have a backup copy of a backup copy of a ....

If one facility got infected they will have a lab somewhere that has uninfected copies.
Ya but sin city is going to keep it small.
The corporations would rather you just buy the final product. So they have no problem selling you pested clones, frustrate you till you quit and want to buy the pre packaged thc suppositories lol

SinCity

SinCity

All it takes is one lazy employee who picked clones up somewhere else for his tent. From there he handles his plants everyday before he heads to work.;)

MOST volume growers will absolutely have to deal with all sorts of problems. They already do. That's why I'm going back to my roots...small, clean, and true. IMHO, you just can't produce great weed on large outdoor sites. At least not weed I want to grow. High-volume folks are very much needed. But so are high-value folks.

Farmer P

Farmer P

The corporations would rather you just buy the final product. So they have no problem selling you pested clones, frustrate you till you quit and want to buy the pre packaged thc suppositories lol

Someone wil do it right and hopefully with the word of mouth provided by sites like this the best will shine!

SinCity

SinCity

It is very frustrating dealing with the mafia, cough cough, ummm government lol. I had a business and one of the main reasons I sold it was that I got sick of dealing with .gov. Always wanting their cut. The amount of licenses and permits was astounding. And they all have to be renewed from time to time. They always got their hands in your pie and it sucks.

If you want to go big, you've always had to pay for permission (as I can see you know). But there's also the small but ESSENTIAL way to go too.

SinCity

SinCity

I hear ya, but why on earth would I buy someone else's clones..?

SinCity

SinCity

See and I think that’s what is frustrating most of these growers. The paths that have been provided are all cost prohibitive and feed the exact people who yesterday were wanting to lock them up. Sadly this is how it works. Unless you have huge financial backing you can’t make it in the new legal realm. And the ones who have the financial backing most of the time have no business growing. It’s a mess. And it sucks. But that’s progress.

In Humboldt and Mendo, the licenses are a small fraction of, um, yield. From what I've seen, prohibitive costs are incurred by people whose sites aren't meeting environmental regulations. IMHO, if you don't want to spend a bit of your profit to protect the ecosystem from which we earn our living, then I don't know what to tell you.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In Humboldt and Mendo, the licenses are a small fraction of, um, yield. From what I've seen, prohibitive costs are incurred by people whose sites aren't meeting environmental regulations. IMHO, if you don't want to spend a bit of your profit to protect the ecosystem from which we earn our living, then I don't know what to tell you.

It’s different in each state. Michigan does have extremely high startup costs. And for someone who isn’t already in the business and well established within the business it’s next to impossible to get up to speed. And the application process hasn’t even started yet. It’s billion dollar companies that are snatching up the rights right now and they’ll profit the most from it. It really is a difficult situation right now in the state of Michigan. Sad but that’s the truth.

Top Bottom