The Charts--Helpful charts for making nutrient deficiency diagnoses

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

Not really a Nute chart, but helped me a lot in dialing in my room temps. It shows what temperature dew point occurs. Many people wonder why their RH gets so high when the lights go out.
@Seamaiden thanks for this thread and all of your posts elsewhere. I haven't needed any advice yet but you'd be one of the first I'd ask.

ken dog

ken dog

That basically says that the warmer your rez temperature, the higher you can drive your humidity for any given temperature without incurring the sweating on the sides of the buckets and on the return water hoses.

ken dog

ken dog

For example... Looking at that chart...

If I want to run my room temperature at 82 degrees in veg, and I want to run my relative humidity at 65%, then I look to the chart and see that my rez temperature needs to be 72 degrees F, unless I want sweating on my buckets.

According to the chart, my buckets will sweat if I hit 85 degrees F and 70% humidity, but I can go 80 degrees F and 75% humidity.

BuDGooDE

BuDGooDE

I think I may as well just post these here charts up in their very own thread and then put that in my sig line, because I spend a lot of time posting these charts that I use regularly to help me make diagnoses on all my plants, cannabis included. One is specific to cannabis, the others, including the Mulder's Mineral Wheel (with periodic notations) helps us understand more about why one mineral may be in imbalance relative to another, or more, as with life, it is a wheel and not linear.

Enjoy, and use as often as you need. I do not take credit for creating these charts, only sharing them.

View attachment 363340

Please note with specific regard to this cannabis leaf chart: there is an error in that Ca is being shown under the heading of Mobile Nutrients. Calcium is an immobile nutrient, thus problems can occur on upper (newer) leaves only.
View attachment 363341

I'm adding a different Mulder's Wheel and removing the previous wheel, based on discussions with Protaide and other research. What I'd really like to do is get ALL the best charts onto one page, so I may decide to do some editing of this thread (I haven't decided yet). In any event, say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. I'm hoping this one's easier to work with.

View attachment 419429

1.20.15 (January 20, 2015).

I'm adding the Periodic Table of Elements for those folks who need a reference for abbreviated references, EG; You have a Ca-.

View attachment 477458
Great charts :-) Thanks @Seamaiden :-)

Panacea79

Panacea79

Question: I'm growing an Auto LSD from FastBuds. She is in about week 3/4 of flower and is exhibiting the BEAUTIFUL purpling/deep mauve/red color representative of this strain...HOWEVER I just noticed (and it seems like this may have happened AFTER my last feed or, more recent, PLAIN DISTILLED WATER dose btw the ph of the distilled was pretty high at like 8.8 but I only used about 30oz of water) that the leaves, and (if related) my new seedling of the same strain exhibiting these same things: on the plant in flower the top/newer(?) leaves have this 'bronzey/copper almost gold look to them.
And the seedling is showing what looks like some yellowing. I'm gonna include some pics so you can see what I'm talking about. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!! I hope that someone knows or CAN help diagnose and help me fix this. Thanx guys and girls! Keep em green, purple, red, ORANCE, smelly and frosty but MOST OF ALL: KEEP EM HEALTHY AND GROWING:)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm going to have to go back through my charts because I've never seen anything quite like that. It almost looks like a calcium deficiency, but not. It's in the right place for a K-, but the wrong expression.

But to start, stop using distilled water. Its pH bounces dramatically, and it's the closest thing to pure water you can get, which is a solvent.

Beyond that I can't tell you much more.

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

My plants did this or similar I should say when I had ph fluctuations but in your case seems like you only did it once.. Hmmm very interesting

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I have a plant, gsc, that looked like that earlier this year in veg. It disappeared when i flipped. I changed three things, so no clue what fixed it. I cut back its watering, it had been getting too much. The lighting changed from 330 watt led to led+600watt hps combo. Flipped it. Guess i lollipoped it also.
Started from seed. Only plant of that strain I grew. Other plants with it were on identical feeding/lighting protocols without issue. But they were brue drram and Mendocino Purple Kush.
Im currently grow a half dozen plants in a bathroom while my grow room is being renovated.
Just remembered that I also had one feeding with the ph way too high. I was only calibrating ph meter every 3 feedings. Never had it drift that much before. Cheap meter, its replacement is soon coming.

Stoneage00

Stoneage00

I think I may as well just post these here charts up in their very own thread and then put that in my sig line, because I spend a lot of time posting these charts that I use regularly to help me make diagnoses on all my plants, cannabis included. One is specific to cannabis, the others, including the Mulder's Mineral Wheel (with periodic notations) helps us understand more about why one mineral may be in imbalance relative to another, or more, as with life, it is a wheel and not linear.

Enjoy, and use as often as you need. I do not take credit for creating these charts, only sharing them.

View attachment 363340

Please note with specific regard to this cannabis leaf chart: there is an error in that Ca is being shown under the heading of Mobile Nutrients. Calcium is an immobile nutrient, thus problems can occur on upper (newer) leaves only.
View attachment 363341

I'm adding a different Mulder's Wheel and removing the previous wheel, based on discussions with Protaide and other research. What I'd really like to do is get ALL the best charts onto one page, so I may decide to do some editing of this thread (I haven't decided yet). In any event, say goodbye to the old and hello to the new. I'm hoping this one's easier to work with.

View attachment 419429

1.20.15 (January 20, 2015).

I'm adding the Periodic Table of Elements for those folks who need a reference for abbreviated references, EG; You have a Ca-.

View attachment 477458
Great info for sure how do you use the Mulder chart I've never seen it before can you shed a lil light please

Homesteader

Homesteader

@Stoneage00
This graphic breaks it down a little and makes it easier to understand the chart. An excess of in K helps availability in Manganese and Iron but decreases the availability Nitrogen,Phosphurous Magnesium and Boron while doing nothing to others.

Essentially how nutrients interact with each other.

Mulders chart excess k e1465939732543

Last edited:
R

Rocky388

Let's start with ammonium, it is NH4 not NH4NO3, that is ammonium nitrate. So ammonium does not dissociate and give off a nitrate and ammonia. This may begin to clear up some of your confusion. As for when they go from one form to another is not a simple answer. There are many points in the cycle where nitrogen may be in one form or another and then change back. It is all dependent on the activity of microbes and the plants roots while in the soil and where in the metabolic process the nitrogen is within the plants cells. Other than this Natural's post from Wikipedia is pretty accurate.

As for your tea smelling bad, that is usually due to the activity of anaerobic bacteria. It sounds like you are not providing enough oxygen to the tea or you are brewing for too long. You should not be brewing tea for more than 48 hours and ideally should be used within 24 hours of brewing.

Mg and Ca are in the same period, Alkaline Earth Metals, and therefore will react very similarly to one another. The will both bond to just about any element or ion looking to share an electron. This is part of why both can easily become unavailable for plants if pH or nutrient levels swings out of balance.[/QUOTi possible that your your tea is starting to ferment and producing alchole

T

TYMAC83

Only 6 of my 45 have this going on. I don't know if it's Calcium defiecency or if it's zinc or iron so many people tell me different things.

Would love any help. I thought it was cause I forgot to check my ph and I'm in coco perlite and peat based medium and my ph got up to 6.9

Happy growing.

IMG 0070
sixstring

sixstring

could very well be from the high ph,not seeing any huge problem though.just keep ph in check and keep on chuggin along.

O

Onewomangrow

Read every pOst on this thread.
Best place to be when you're hungry for knowledge and trying to understand your ladies simultaneously two bird one stone. Thank you for all the charts and knowledge!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I have one plant out of 12 in an NFT system that is struggling. The leaves are all yellowing, old and new growth. The part im having a hard time with diagnosing is the yellow leaves have red veins. I have tried comparing to these charts but i am unable to discern what exactly is going on. I keep my ph between 5.8 and 6.3. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
When I get stumped I just flush everything really well to get rid of any salts building up. Didn't always solve anything but... If in Coco must flush with a weak nute mix

reddwarf

reddwarf

DSC 0118
Does anyone know what could be causing this. 2 weeks into bloom. Using Jacks's classic and promix. Only plant showing problems and feeding is identical.

Top Bottom