The Chronic. no really -> ss chronic!

• Thread starter bong bandit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

oh believe me, i have cal/mag. i have them all. the algamic is supposed to have cal and mag in it i believe, and i have this other shit, yellow bottle fertilizer additive that has mag in it. i'll give em a spray and see what happens

this is promix though, and promix isn't supposed to have cal/mag problems, especially since i'm using tap and dutch master gold nutes should have everything i need. hmm

u might need a filter, whats ur tap like?

B

bong bandit

you could always try with just 1 and see what happens

i just switched to coco myself and found it can take a little more ppm maybe just a little more cal mag than dirt, also i dont think youre suppose to let the coco get too dry

good luck bro

thanks, i am slowly making the switch too. i had an epiphany which was to let the coco dry out in veg to let roots fill out, but then to treat it more like hydro during flower, keeping the medium moist, so that they can pull what they need from it when they need it, where as i like to let the promix dry out well even in flower. good luck to you too gator

B

bong bandit

u might need a filter, whats ur tap like?

.2 ec. so that is good i think. 7.3 ph. my hydro stores say our tap is great and that if anything, get a small boy to remove chlorine, but i let my water sit in tanks a good time before they are put to use.

B

bong bandit

nice talking to you fellas tonight. time to finish drinking my sleepy tea/throat coat tea, then smoke a nice weed/bubble hash bowl. peace :)

lazarus718

lazarus718

this is promix though, and promix isn't supposed to have cal/mag problems, especially since i'm using tap and dutch master gold nutes should have everything i need. hmm

The leaf spotting indicates a Ca issue to me, as far as I know that is the only nute that shows itself that way.

lazarus718

lazarus718

.2 ec. so that is good i think. 7.3 ph. my hydro stores say our tap is great and that if anything, get a small boy to remove chlorine, but i let my water sit in tanks a good time before they are put to use.

You don't have to wait on it bro, just buy some of that water conditioner that people use in their fish tanks, it'll get your chlorine out immediately.

B

bong bandit

You don't have to wait on it bro, just buy some of that water conditioner that people use in their fish tanks, it'll get your chlorine out immediately.

i've heard. honestly, i don't care about chlorine in the tap water. i drink it, my dogs drink it, my yard drinks it, the flowers i put out in the summer drink it AND my WEED DRINKS it when i flush, or if i forgot to top off a tank.

i just let it sit out mainly, because i like to run cold water so i don't use ng for water tank, and it comes out at like 48 F this time of year. by the next day it has made its way up to 63, and that is pretty much the lowest temp i'll let touch my bitches roots. shit, that's why i am having a hard time, i am treating them like bitches and not ladies.

but also, i fucking use dutch masters more potent chloramine or whatever it's called, so i guess that negates taking the weaker chlorine out of the water... probably safer for me to drink some tap with trace amounts of chlorine than RO with some duch master zone! am i right or am i right!?

B

bong bandit

about zone in promix

i am only using the zone for the first two waterings, because i am using promix from my previous run. the thinking on my par was that i wanted to kill anything that bad bacteria could colonize in. i don't use benes because they are expensive, and i hear that salt nutrients kill them, but not really sure, some day i will probably shell out the whatever it is to buy something benefull.

i will however, not continue to use zone.. or fuck it maybe i'll use zone for the coco room, but i did pick up some HYGROZYME. i'll use that for the promix, because i'm not sure if dead old roots in medium are bad as long as they are 'clean' sort to say with the zone, or if i should just get rid of the old roots with enzymes.

S

SSHZ

My suggestions:

1. The early pictures definitely show some early light bleaching- you can tell this because only the center plants show the light green color. This happens to me all the time. If you have your lights horizontally, look for those light diffusers that attach to your fixtures or raise your lights some.

2. Rust spotting is Calcium difficiency...... Cal/Mag is the correction. Try adding dolomitic lime to your promix at the start, if you didn't.

3. May I suggest an r.o. device.........to take care of your pH/water issues.

B

bong bandit

My suggestions:

1. The early pictures definitely show some early light bleaching- you can tell this because only the center plants show the light green color. This happens to me all the time. If you have your lights horizontally, look for those light diffusers that attach to your fixtures or raise your lights some.

2. Rust spotting is Calcium difficiency...... Cal/Mag is the correction. Try adding dolomitic lime to your promix at the start, if you didn't.

3. May I suggest an r.o. device.........to take care of your pH/water issues.

thank you sir for clearing some shit up! you know i fucking veg under a 1000 watt mh and i usually start to see them lighten up as things progress. i keep it way up high, but still. i noticed the same light bleaching directly under the hoods so pulled an inny outty transfer on top of raising lights some.. and those are 600's right now. new growth is greening up. isn't it funny how we give them too much?! honestly, my setups should have probably been 600's, but i just was never willing to give them a try in flower.

did just spray them with some algamic and spinosad, heh. hope alg has enough cal in it. i'll go check bottle again. can always do a feed with cal mag, but wouldn't my tap have enough?

you can suggest it, but i aint gettin one!

B

bong bandit

hey sshz.. why do you think ro would benefit? won't i just be wasting water, then spending more on nutes to replace the trace amounts of shit i took out?

B

bong bandit

3 exact days later

3 DAYS LATA. things are lookin good! pots are about half dry, and when i water i'll check the runoff ppms of a few and probably give them all another feed at 1.4 ec with drip clean and no runoff.

i really want to believe that drip clean will keep me from having to feed till runoff.

doesn't it look like they are getting greener? the foliage under the hortilux hps bulb was lighter, and at first i was like, 'hah ya see that expensive shit aint worth it', BUT RIGHT THEN i thought - wait no this shit must be BRIGHTER than the generic 600, so i tilted one end up to help distribute the light towards the other reflector!

did you read all that? look at the pics for christ sake.

DSCF7152
DSCF7153
DSCF7155
DSCF7157
DSCF7158
DSCF7161
DSCF7160
DSCF7163
B

bong bandit

I was going to flip monday.. Now i think i might wait until the buckets can't be seen in the photos from above. Could be 2 weeks! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Wutcha think?

420Gator

420Gator

if u wait that long youre gonna need some space to spread em out

they look good but im still in favor of uping the ppm

devious d

devious d

watching this one got some free s.s chronic while ago kept hearing peeps saying it had changed ,still looks a good sog plant good luck bro peace D.D P.S some of them probs your having i had down to to cold night time temp locking things out

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
bong bandit my only suggestion would be to listen to those others have made,other than that your not looking too shabby,r.o and cal mag would do you justice..and yes there are some nutes that your taking out with the r.o but it allows you to control exactly what and HOW much of certain nutes is added,and yea a lot of ppl do drink the water from the tap....and believe me there are many others that don't,bc they feel that there are tooo many poisons in it..last i checked humans didn't need chlorine or chloramine both of which are found in very high amounts in tap water...oh yea i forgot to mention they also kill all beneficials in your plants,so don't bother using them if our running tap

B

bong bandit

helzz yea, nice to see some reply's.

thanks gator. i am going to keep running 1.6 ec low 6ish ph until my run off is consistently 1.6 ec with same ph'ish. i think once i can get my medium maintained they will be good.. but those little beer cup roots are still spreading out in their 2.5 gallon containers and looking better every day i think. i can spread the pots out if i have to, but i have run this plant 4x and it barely stretches. BUT i have always had a problem with keeping the lights too close. maybe if i raise em up they will stretch.. in fact, i don't think i will even put the 1000's in until after stretch!

i saw a buddies plants yesterday and they looked great and green. i kept telling him to lower his 600 watt light but he wouldn't, and he had tight nodes and lush green plants!

my tap ppm is 100 ppm. i should get it analyzed.

justiceman

justiceman

interesting. how could that be though? medium is totally saturated.

the humidity is low. like 40%. trying to get that up, but my 100 dollar honeywell humidifier doesn't work that great

if that is the consensus then great, because i'll just keep feeding 1.6 ec with drip clean and 20% runoff. that should work well right?

Hey bb I'll tell you how plants get dehydrated even though the medium is saturated. A 1.6 EC is probably a bit high for small vegging plants. When the EC is too high plants are unable to suck up water because osmosis actually forces water out of the roots. This is what causes burning, deficiencies and droopy leaf effects.

I'd say they look a lot better now I'ma stick by and watch the show.

B

bong bandit

yea it could be the problem. i actually flushed 3 plants till i got a low .4 ec then fed them with 1 ec mix.

idk, we will see

Top Bottom