The Chronic. no really -> ss chronic!

• Thread starter bong bandit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

hey bong bandit definitely look a lot better now. I think your on the right track , just have to give them a little more time . what are your nighttime temperatures are you running lights 24 ?

B

bong bandit

hey bong bandit definitely look a lot better now. I think your on the right track , just have to give them a little more time . what are your nighttime temperatures are you running lights 24 ?

thanks, the lights were on 24/7, but now they are in a slightly larger room with 2 1000 watt's running 20 on 4 off. i'll go take some pics, they don't look that great. humidity is really low, and i just don't know. they haven't needed water in over a week, but the medium is still well saturated. i'm going to be proactive and check the runoff now and i'll get some pics of them.

B

bong bandit

fucking aye. the ec runoff was .4-.8. :surprised how is that even possible when their have been 2 feedings of 1.3-1.6.... can't remember but wowzers. gave them a feed of 1.3-1.5 even though the medium was wet, because i think they have been eating themselves!;(

but i think all will be well. after the feed i checked the ec of the pond liner and it was 1.4. i will go back in 2 days and am hoping to see some nice green plants!

i took some horrible pics tonight, so won't be postin em.

420Gator

420Gator

i couldnt find anything about ur temps and rh... how are those like?

maybe try flushing with some distilled or filtered water from the store and see if that helps out any

when im in veg i top out at 1000 ppm in coco i think thats 1.4 or so?

B

bong bandit

at .5 scale 1000 ppm would be 2 ec.

the temps are high 70's, and the humidity was low low low - 35%. i flooded the pond liner to get it to the 40's. i have a humidifier, but the peace of shit stopped working saying the filter needed to be cleaned. cleaned and still doesn't wick the water up.

i don't want to flush. i peeked at them today and the look much better. i'll lollipop the dead under growth that i think the plant was eating and flip in a week or less.

thanks for poppin in. time to peep your thread.

B

bong bandit

just looked at my chart. you must have a truncheon at .7 scale, that would be about 1.4 at 1000 ppm. ppm.. how stupid. ec

B

bong bandit

plants are looking great. just needed to be fed more! but until i can get some photos, enjoy this video.

[YOUTUBE]x7DvZvHzCcE[/YOUTUBE]

B

bong bandit

1 room was harvested. good looking out to those who recommended an extra 2 weeks. very stony weed. now just have to cut a few down at 8 and compare the yield to the 10 for references sake.

the sickly plants are now 1 week into flower and look good as you can see! they are the plants in promix. the lil 'plugs' are in canna coco. same genetics both all from a chronic mother.

DSCF7225
DSCF7226
DSCF7227
DSCF7228
DSCF7229
DSCF7230
B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
looking good bro,i would try and raise that humidity for sure as you probably already know..they're doing grreat but at say 60% humidity they would be monsters..just my 02.

B

bong bandit

looking good bro,i would try and raise that humidity for sure as you probably already know..they're doing grreat but at say 60% humidity they would be monsters..just my 02.

thanks, i washed the fuck out of the filter and it started wicking moisture up properly again. 65%! if i don't run it on auto but instead constant maybe i could get it to 70!!!!!!!

now that i need that humidifier in the small plant room i'll have to resort to keeping the pond liner flooded a half inch :)

i'm just looking forward to seeing the coco spank the promix in yield. i'm fucking sick of peat mediums, and am so glad i finally learned to water at about 50% container weight to runoff. how easy. ph balanced bliss.

rant - fucking promix and letting the medium dry - then you have to fucking smash down around the edges of the medium and container to keep your nutrients from flushing right out the bottom of the pots before the medium even soaks it up!!!! - end rant

B

bong bandit

watered the flowering plants with DM zone, DM grow a + b, drip clean and bud blood. 1.4 ec. hopefully they will pack on bud sites. i'm not going to let the medium dry out to the point that it's pulling away from the containers just to see what's up. next week they will get maxibloom and maybe some veg food too.

the coco got a 1.2 ec of HG coco a + b and drip clean. containers were saturated under the first 3-4'', but they just had a feed me look to them. hope i read them right. shit, just looked back, it had been 6 days since the last light feed.

B

bong bandit

PLANTS 5 DAYS LATER

you will see the shots with a bluish hue are under the generic mh and any shots with an orangish hue are under the hortilux hps. i like the bottom of the hps because i didn't get as much crap growth down there, but other than that the mh plants look pretty great. just have to chop the little nodes that finally branched out. who will win in yeild? will the generic mh make it 8 more grueling weeks?

hps first

DSCF7256
DSCF7257
DSCF7258
DSCF7261
DSCF7264
DSCF7265
B

bong bandit

thanks gator. what do you think.. mh harvest weight or hps. i know the hortilux hps can go the distance... but the mh plants look great, and the light is so much more appealing to be around. have had 2 out of 8 bulbs go out on me, but i think i only spent like 20 a piece on em, maybe less? hortilux were 80 per in a pack of 6 or so.

justiceman

justiceman

To be honest at this point the MH and HPS side both look pretty much the same. They all look really healthy. I'm going to have to side with the HPS getting the better yield though. I think the increase in red spectrum might have better results with the buds. Hell I could be wrong though. I'm interested to see the outcome.

B

bong bandit

thanks, they bounced back pretty well didn't they? looked like shit for awhile!

went over to the house. popped out the camera. hey wouldn't ya know, i left the sim card in my laptop after i cleared out the memory. right before i left the house?! hard not to be stoned at this hour though. till tomorrow. viva la revolution!!!!!

B

bong bandit

ok here's how they look. didn't get too good of shots because i was in a hurry. but... this room will answer two questions.

what is the final weight/quality of a 30$ generic 1000 watt mh bulb compared to a 90$ hortilux hps, AND.... does cutting off the lower 'sucker branches', lollipopping, actually cause an increase in yield in this type of sog setup by allowing the upper tops to get the energy that the suckers would have gotten.... i really don't know the answer to this question even after 16 months of indoor growing.

if the yield difference is null, i will not trim sucker branches, because i like trim for bubble hash, and have never gotten bud rot even at 70% humidity at night through flower, so i can't make the argument that - 'well by improving under foliage air flow i prevented rot'.

their are 4 rows of plants as you can see. i'm pruning the 2 rows that i can reach, and not touching the outer 2 rows - the rows furthest from my camera shots.

i'll get my results by taking the 4 plants on each end row, and tagging them then weighting them to compare how hps vs mh and trimmed vs non trimmed turned out.

HPS

DSCF7301
DSCF7302
DSCF7303

Latest posts

Top Bottom