The Chronic. no really -> ss chronic!

• Thread starter bong bandit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420Gator

420Gator

thanks gator. what do you think.. mh harvest weight or hps. i know the hortilux hps can go the distance... but the mh plants look great, and the light is so much more appealing to be around. have had 2 out of 8 bulbs go out on me, but i think i only spent like 20 a piece on em, maybe less? hortilux were 80 per in a pack of 6 or so.

i only have exp with hps but ive read several times hps has the edge on yield and mh has the edge on color and smell

B

bong bandit

yea, i've read the exact same stuff - on top of a mix of both improves yield and potency. i've also read the legend of a great grower who now uses his hps ballasts as door stops. i'm tired of reading. I'M DOING!!!

if the hps is a better yield by enough to make it count i will only use hps. if the yield is 10% less.. so if hps gives me a lb, and mh 14.4 oz, but much better quality, i'd be happy to use only mh. any more loss than that i will use hps!

i also need to see about vegging. i have only vegged with mh for the most part, because of what -they say-, i need to get a comparison so i fucking know!!!!!

U

UCtestn

Sub'd. This is a pretty cool experiment. I love my Promix-HP. All my journals use this except for the UC. They come in pretty hot and I feed VERY light for the first week. Feed, Water, Water fully saturating only the first time. I keep the temps high to help dry out the medium the first time. After the first 7-10 days I ramp up the food.

The trailer SOG is using DM, but benies, roots excelurator and Enzymes are also being used.

The grow looks great, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

B

bong bandit

thank ya thank ya. when you said they come in hot - were you referring to the promix or your clones? i never did an ec check or any initial flush on promix. just saturated it with nutrients upon unbaling. that's what i love about the stuff. a nice tight bale, but.... i can buy coco very cheaply bricked and ups'd to a local ups warehouse. it's great to be able to walk your medium into the house unsuspectingly - brown box package. for those of us who don't have garages :(... or trailers!

but yea, promix all the way when i have problems in coco! when i get coco down fuck you promix! go back to your bog or wherever your main ingredient came from! - unless i don't get coco down. WINNING

B

bong bandit

4 weeks in flower

i am starting to see a big difference in the hps and the mh bulb. the mh has less stem girth, and the buds don't look nearly as fat. i am seeing this at a different place as well. at least now i can KNOW, and will ditch the mh if things don't level out. oh.. and the infamous dried out plant shot. hate it when that happens.

HPS

DSCF7339
DSCF7341
DSCF7342
DSCF7343
B

bong bandit

6.54 weeks into flower; and the veg plants..

i'm toying with the idea of doing what yayarea did in the coco forum. at least some of the plants.. i'll leave way more than 3 nodes though.. that'd scare the hell out of me.. cutting everything but 3 fucking nodes. i'll cut anything that doesn't make it half way to the top. fuck, i gotta do at least 1 with just 3 nodes.

958 1027
958 1021
958 1032

Latest posts

Top Bottom