the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Love it!B.O.C. still sounding great after all these years. :) Looks like ya'll had a blast. :)
It was a KICKASS show. I wished BOC had played longer, but their performance was great nonetheless. As for Deep Purple...WOW! They opened w/ "Highway Star" and just kept rolling out the hits. Encore was "Hush". They did an extended version of the bluesy "Lazy" off MachineHead with Don Airey jamming a keyboard solo w/ an overdriven Hammond Organ that knocked our socks off.

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Afternoon, y'all! Been raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock here today. So I have been working on cleaning up the garage, tools & working on one of my motorcycles. Yep no rest for the wicked. ;)
Them pics of northern Wisc. sure brought back some memories. I was born & raised in Chicago and a M.C. club I rode with years back used to have a run & party up in Adams/Friendship area every fall. Good memories!!
PGDave, looks like job well done & $$ saved. That's a combo that's hard to beat.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Im back to rant again... I hate HP's new design on there laptops.. you gotta pry up the keyboard then unscrew the motherboard and pry that up just to access the ram... There is no panels!!!!!!!!!!! ARG!

then to top it off they use a low voltage non standard pc3s-12800 ram.. and of course no store in town has it...

EBAY for the win... found a used stick.. 6gb was not enuff so i pulled the 2gb running on 4 atm and all the screws are outta my laptop lol

not putting them back in till i get that ram :P

SCREW HP and there prevent me from upgrading my shit.! HA!

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

@LittleDabbie...As a "hi-tech" professional who has 30+ years in the industry, had I known you were entertaining purchasing an HP machine, I would have tried to steer you toward something else. Sorry to hear about your troubles with it.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
@LittleDabbie...As a "hi-tech" professional who has 30+ years in the industry, had I known you were entertaining purchasing an HP machine, I would have tried to steer you toward something else. Sorry to hear about your troubles with it.

It was not my intended purchase but after 3 different stores did not have what i needed in stock , and i needed it NOW as in i broke my old one new one needs to be in my hands asap... so officemax had a deal on an AMD-8 6 gig 1tb ... not bad but a week into it i realized 6 gig of ram was not enuff...

Won the ebay auction tho 37.50 for a 4gb stick of LOW VOLTAGE ram... ffs... whats with dell and hp all using non-standard shit.. Dell and there fuking PSU's now HP and there almost un-upgradable laptops...

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

So yeah coffee......African harrar and some Jamaican blue mountain! Love coffee. Great for my compost bins too.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thought for the day;)
Thierstory

Drifting13

Drifting13

G'Afternoon, y'all! Been a busy day around the house with contractors in & out & all around. Now I have my work cut out for me to do before they come back. And best of all we go FISHING Fri. as long as it's not raining.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
G'Afternoon, y'all! Been a busy day around the house with contractors in & out & all around. Now I have my work cut out for me to do before they come back. And best of all we go FISHING Fri. as long as it's not raining.
All fish, no wish....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mornin' folks! Baby chicks are so much fun. :D

Here are some pix of some of my old show tack. I'm curious what it's worth, but I haven't taken it down to a saddle maker or shop to find out. I need to contact Circle Y to learn more about the saddle. I spent a LOT of years in that saddle. I remember when we bought it, brand new, back in '81 or '82. Needs a new cinch, and probably the cinch leathers could be replaced, too. And the buck strap is too worn, could use a new buck strap if it's warranted. The reins need some new braided pieces, not sure where to find them up here because a lot of that tack was Hecho en Mexico.

The bit still had hay in it, tripped me out.

IMAG0949

IMAG0859

SpiderK

SpiderK

thats worth some coin. i really like the bit!

rode equestrian jumping the little two high crosses but the weekend rides into the woods with whoever showed up that day were the best .... was lucky growing up in an area with many riding trails in the forest preserves ....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
thats worth some coin. i really like the bit!

rode equestrian jumping the little two high crosses but the weekend rides into the woods with whoever showed up that day were the best .... was lucky growing up in an area with many riding trails in the forest preserves ....

Me, too, and there's really nothing out here even though it's more rural. I never got into English or jumping, but have always wanted to learn more, especially dressage and a huge fantasy for me has been to be able to ride and cut on a REALLY good cow horse. Because there is nothing in this world like a good working animal, IMO.

My mother says she found another one of my show bits when she was packing for the move, but she forgot to send it up with my son so I've gotta get that, too. I can't remember if I had another headstall, or if the others in the photos were my trainer's tack or what. But the other bit, if it's the one I'm thinking of, was a very deep spade bit and I had to ride using *no* hands at all or my little stallion would dump me, ass over teakettle.

What are you thinking it may be worth? I truly have no idea.

Top Bottom