the coffee shop

• Thread starter boo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
neverbreak

neverbreak

Fuck me gently...
Why is it I am constantly searching for wallet, glasses, keys cell phone or checkbook.
Tore house apart twice in 4 days looking for wallet.. was finally found on bed and laundry room floor.
Must be all that dope I have consumed daily for the last 42 years...
Anybody else suffer from the same affliction???
Better fire one up

lol showin yer age lookin for a checkbook cm bro!

now where the hell did i put my wallet? and keys?

neverbreak

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
1out to go

Cort

Cort

Everyone has a "TO DO" List.
The lowest priority: things that need to get done in no particular time frame, like organizing your closet.
Then things that need to get done soon, or by a particular date, like shopping for a bday gift or ditching the milk that expired a couple days ago.
And, those things that needed doing soon a while ago that are still not done... like tires that have needed replacement or that milk you keep meaning to toss out.

Then there is the drop everything, there is nothing more important kind of things that pop up and just have to get done right now. No explanation is needed for these kind of events, they number to many to name.

The latter has been my life for the last month and a half, one after another. Broken this, jammed that, leak here, and my garden STILL has not been planted:banghead:

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Morning All!

I hear ya, Cort. I hear ya.
Today is my day to meet online friends! I have a luncheon.
;)

Then, of course, I have a greenhouse to get started. As Cort mentioned, some things become "drop everything" on the list. Mine was waking up to chew marks everywhere... RATS!!
*muttering something in Italian, then German... then Slovakian*

Just another day in the garden~
*clinks coffee mug*

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Good morning all-

Cman, nice that you made it to the city. I'm a bit jealous of going to a ballgame- that would be a nice change and I should get my ass out there.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Arggg!!!
Some little brat is coming into my yard at night and stealing all my red onions!!! I've seen an Opossum around, and we have lots of squirrels as well, but none have been caught red handed. Thing is, whatever this is, it's sneaky enough to get past 3 dogs!!

Started off with having a friend come and hang outside with me one evening with his hunting bow & arrow, we got some rabbits while waiting, but the thief never showed. Set up a Havahart trap, started with cat food - didn't work, moved onto peanut butter and celery. Nope. Starting to think my joking about baiting it with red onions is a better idea than the joke I originally thought it was.

This morning I went out to find the bastard has been back and has torn up a pretty good section of the garden trying to find that last red onion he didn't get the other night! Destroyed my cucumbers in the process too. I'm baffled, and frustrated. I need another cup of coffee.

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Arggg!!!
Some little brat is coming into my yard at night and stealing all my red onions!!! I've seen an Opossum around, and we have lots of squirrels as well, but none have been caught red handed. Thing is, whatever this is, it's sneaky enough to get past 3 dogs!!

Started off with having a friend come and hang outside with me one evening with his hunting bow & arrow, we got some rabbits while waiting, but the thief never showed. Set up a Havahart trap, started with cat food - didn't work, moved onto peanut butter and celery. Nope. Starting to think my joking about baiting it with red onions is a better idea than the joke I originally thought it was.

This morning I went out to find the bastard has been back and has torn up a pretty good section of the garden trying to find that last red onion he didn't get the other night! Destroyed my cucumbers in the process too. I'm baffled, and frustrated. I need another cup of coffee.

Check for moles. Onions make most rodents sick, but not moles. Check the ground for soft spots. Look for tunneling or soil disturbances. Dogs will not react to moles, because they come up from the ground & tend to dine at early light.

There is a plant they hate:

Euphorbia lathyris (Caper Spurge or Paper Spurge) is a species of spurge native to southern Europe.
Other names occasionally used include Gopher Spurge, Gopher Plant or Mole Plant.
The roots of this plant tend to smell like fox & it drives them off from the ground level, where they travel.

*IT IS TOXIC!! You do not want to plant it in the same space as food plants, but you can plant it around the outside of your garden successfully. It will self seed! Keep these plants at least 2' away from crops, but once established, they will leave that smell in the soil for years.

Hope that helps!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
God, how I fucking hate migraines. Woke up with one around 2am, puked my guts out, am only just beginning to feel like I'm back to normal again.

Afternoon, folks.

putembk

putembk

As all can see by the postings of Coors field C-Man was in town the last couple of days. He stopped by for a quick visit before leaving town. Always glad and amused to see him. Traded some cuts and also brought some farm goodies. along. Didn't stay long as he had a 5 hr drive ahead of him. Hopefully he can make it all the way home without getting stopped. Got pulled over coming down but no ticket. Amazing he didn't set off the smoke alarm this time at the motel. Seems like a tradition when he comes to town.
I traded him a few different strains to try as he has had only one for a while. I finally got the Blueberry cut he has had for a while now. Will take some cuts and flower her as s0on as she is ready to flip. Thanks C...have wanted this cut for a long time. Drive safe.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Check for moles. Onions make most rodents sick, but not moles. Check the ground for soft spots. Look for tunneling or soil disturbances. Dogs will not react to moles, because they come up from the ground & tend to dine at early light.

There is a plant they hate:

Euphorbia lathyris (Caper Spurge or Paper Spurge) is a species of spurge native to southern Europe.
Other names occasionally used include Gopher Spurge, Gopher Plant or Mole Plant.
The roots of this plant tend to smell like fox & it drives them off from the ground level, where they travel.

*IT IS TOXIC!! You do not want to plant it in the same space as food plants, but you can plant it around the outside of your garden successfully. It will self seed! Keep these plants at least 2' away from crops, but once established, they will leave that smell in the soil for years.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the info...I currently incorporate companion planting in my garden :-) I will add this to my list of plants and what they help with.

The entire garden is raised beds. There is wire mesh and landscape fabric under them so nothing can come up through. Two beds had the red onions in them, they are the only ones that have been dug up.

The creature used to come between 10pm-midnight, as of recent, he/she has been showing up in the late evening. Went out a while ago to check on things, found the bed dug up again, just before dark. There aren't any onions left in it, must of pissed it off because the whole bed was torn up. Haven't ever seen a mole here, we do have gophers, but no new mounds or tunnels yet this season.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

As all can see by the postings of Coors field C-Man was in town the last couple of days. He stopped by for a quick visit before leaving town. Always glad and amused to see him. Traded some cuts and also brought some farm goodies. along. Didn't stay long as he had a 5 hr drive ahead of him. Hopefully he can make it all the way home without getting stopped. Got pulled over coming down but no ticket. Amazing he didn't set off the smoke alarm this time at the motel. Seems like a tradition when he comes to town.
I traded him a few different strains to try as he has had only one for a while. I finally got the Blueberry cut he has had for a while now. Will take some cuts and flower her as s0on as she is ready to flip. Thanks C...have wanted this cut for a long time. Drive safe.
Pute,Is that the BB cut sky always talked about?Could almost taste it when he talked about it,lol.

putembk

putembk

Pute,Is that the BB cut sky always talked about?Could almost taste it when he talked about it,lol.
Almost positive it is. C didn't say but both he and Sky have been growing this strain for a while now. They gave me some a year or so ago and it was sweet. I got some more samples yesterday but looked a little over dry and had no smell or taste. Will try and rehydrate and try it again. Doesn't matter, I have the strain now and will take good care of her. Probably won't get my first run of her until early fall though.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Almost positive it is. C didn't say but both he and Sky have been growing this strain for a while now. They gave me some a year or so ago and it was sweet. I got some more samples yesterday but looked a little over dry and had no smell or taste. Will try and rehydrate and try it again. Doesn't matter, I have the strain now and will take good care of her. Probably won't get my first run of her until early fall though.
POT SNOB.. LOL.. Was left in car in a sack, got dried out will bring a way better taste next visit....and yes that's the good old Sky cutinsky...
And your samples are very nice thank you.......
access to river blown out. need pontoon boat to cross. will have mine welded up
Better to be a pot snob, than a pot slob.....

Kitsune Nyx

Kitsune Nyx

Thanks for the info...I currently incorporate companion planting in my garden :) I will add this to my list of plants and what they help with.

The entire garden is raised beds. There is wire mesh and landscape fabric under them so nothing can come up through. Two beds had the red onions in them, they are the only ones that have been dug up.

The creature used to come between 10pm-midnight, as of recent, he/she has been showing up in the late evening. Went out a while ago to check on things, found the bed dug up again, just before dark. There aren't any onions left in it, must of pissed it off because the whole bed was torn up. Haven't ever seen a mole here, we do have gophers, but no new mounds or tunnels yet this season.

Do a search of the yard... Gophers are a definite possibility!
Oh, they will do some damage!
Look for signs like this:

GotGophers_photo01.jpg

PPS_17_gopher_howse_sign_050903_bennett.jpg
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Check more info out here:?

Hope that helps.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Ok, like I said, we definitely have gophers in our area, they have been a problem in the past - however, they just don't have cool houses like that out here in the hood! :-)

Voles are a possibility, although I've never seen one, we have tunnels and mounds so.....

I have left the trap set up since last night & will be camping out in a makeshift blind on my patio tonight to see what I can see. If nothing tonight, will probably hook up a security camera in that area so we can see what we are battling with :-)

Thanks again!!

Top Bottom