basscaptain

20180302 115640
20180302 115621
20180302 125729
20180306 104341
20180322 155530

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I started on the house in June and with everything that has happen this yr out here I got way behind....... I have regroup and came up with a plan that I'm going to get this shop done this winter... Next yr I'll spend outside finishing up what has/needs done then I'll get back on the house..... For the apt here I have almost everything I need to do it....

the only thing I don't have is the contour tops and tile for shower... I have just a cheap shower in here now but will make it nice.... it will end up looking like this in a way

I'll be in the shop for a yr longer then I was thinking.... I was thinking I would all ready be under roof on my home by nowView attachment 908790View attachment 908792View attachment 908793
you better than me,that mosiac tile,i cant put it up for shit,i say if you got running water and draining pipes making it a working shower move on,do it a room at a time bro,you you ever heard of a pole barn? just simple post in ground and a roof on it,we do this a lot here in texas,dig post in say for a 4 stall barn,when you get all your post in start with thwe rafters and roof,when you get the roof on ,nothing fancy at all just pitched enough to run offf water,then 1 stall at a time,come finsih them out,pout concrete floor,throw up walls move to next stall when you got thoise walld framed in go back to the first stall,lock in outside wall with commerical iron work around the back,and so on,i leave all door opening and just close them in when the job almost done with decrotive wndows ,still leaving the door entrance if down the road io want to open back up,but that cheap effective and ewasy housing and sky is the limit,my cabin did same shit,took 4 yrs to finish on board at a time,and when it was finished i didnt have any morgage payments,extra materials and so forth,land was paid off first then came the cabin,by age 40 i had a small cabin sitting on 1 acre of land with water and electric and only damn payment i have still to this day is taxes every year.
guess what i m getting at ,you might get frustrated,you might get over whelmed and who know what mama nature has up her sleave,you might not even think you will ever get finished,but doing sections instead of bulk will save a lot of headache,and then one day that little nest eggs lays there not a pennie owed and you sit back in that ole lawn chair and think how you did it slow and with not much hope cause you rushing yourself,and look at the neighbors fine ass homes and property take a draw off a good doobie maybe even a swig from a good beer ,and say my shit it tight and paid for,i want to got to hawia for a month just go if you dig

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Do I pass
yes sir,looking good,work is that,the pay off is the last tile you lay and then enjoy,id done same thing,only as i rough finish a room ,i chart what needs to be done to finish ,document move to next and keep going,that when when you at the point you are tight now,you can take that log and figure materials to finish it and work with what your wallet provides instead of huge sums,its the tweeking that cost the bucks at least in my experiences

basscaptain

basscaptain

you better than me,that mosiac tile,i cant put it up for shit,i say if you got running water and draining pipes making it a working shower move on,do it a room at a time bro,you you ever heard of a pole barn? just simple post in ground and a roof on it,we do this a lot here in texas,dig post in say for a 4 stall barn,when you get all your post in start with thwe rafters and roof,when you get the roof on ,nothing fancy at all just pitched enough to run offf water,then 1 stall at a time,come finsih them out,pout concrete floor,throw up walls move to next stall when you got thoise walld framed in go back to the first stall,lock in outside wall with commerical iron work around the back,and so on,i leave all door opening and just close them in when the job almost done with decrotive wndows ,still leaving the door entrance if down the road io want to open back up,but that cheap effective and ewasy housing and sky is the limit,my cabin did same shit,took 4 yrs to finish on board at a time,and when it was finished i didnt have any morgage payments,extra materials and so forth,land was paid off first then came the cabin,by age 40 i had a small cabin sitting on 1 acre of land with water and electric and only damn payment i have still to this day is taxes every year.
guess what i m getting at ,you might get frustrated,you might get over whelmed and who know what mama nature has up her sleave,you might not even think you will ever get finished,but doing sections instead of bulk will save a lot of headache,and then one day that little nest eggs lays there not a pennie owed and you sit back in that ole lawn chair and think how you did it slow and with not much hope cause you rushing yourself,and look at the neighbors fine ass homes and property take a draw off a good doobie maybe even a swig from a good beer ,and say my shit it tight and paid for,i want to got to hawia for a month just go if you dig
Shhhh... this is my tax bill for 12acs and the shop.... I have 2 others coming but I should be under $ 500 for the yr.. vec regs $ 600.00 that will be right around a 1,100.00 for everything that the state wants every yr.... I paid more then that in car regs in ca .......

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Shhhh... this is my tax bill for 12acs and the shop.... I have 2 others coming but I should be under $ 500 for the yr.. vec regs $ 600.00 that will be right around a 1,100.00 for everything that the state wants every yr.... I paid more then that in car regs in ca .......View attachment 908913
mine finally went up 20 bucks this year,been same for past 30 yrs,1 acre with cabin and improvements 230 year,most of it is for school tax,im on board for those type taxes,but that said with apprasil finally going up,what was built within that 1 mile stretch

Top Bottom