The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
It's almost like we're at a party at my place! Haha
would gladly have you as a guest at one of our parties. itching something fierce to have one, it's been nearly the whole pandemic since we had one. even the one we had wasn't nearly what they have been in the past. loud music, profuse booze, smoke, food, and good people. fuck. i miss having them. even with the kids, we were having a party every couple months at least. wtf is the point in working your ass off if you can't blow off steam and have a multiday hangover to prove it afterwards? THAT is fucking living man.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
This is a local chick from an island or two over.

one of my nephews has one of those BMW bikes. fucking gorgeous condition. bike has been all over the world, he got it as payment for working one summer. don't think he understands the history he has, and it's simply too big for a new rider, but damn does it look good.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
one of my nephews has one of those BMW bikes. fucking gorgeous condition. bike has been all over the world, he got it as payment for working one summer. don't think he understands the history he has, and it's simply too big for a new rider, but damn does it look good.
to follow up on that... another song you posted that hit in a certain way.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I love this Video. I love it because I got to see them put on the same show in a Venue of 1500 people in Vancouver and I was in the front row. Seeing all these people packed into wembly makes me realize how lucky I was.

It's actually funny how much I look like the singer. If I styled my hair and shaved we'd be almost a spitting image.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I love this Video. I love it because I got to see them put on the same show in a Venue of 1500 people in Vancouver and I was in the front row. Seeing all these people packed into wembly makes me realize how lucky I was.

to see muse at a show with only 1500 people is for sure special. might fight ya over that one lol when i was in college, we used to play a cover of this song. my bassist was fucking phenomenal. wonder what happened to that guy. excellent song.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Holy fuck, haven't heard this in almost, well, 5 years? Haha, but still.
This is one of my top 3 favourite songs of all time. Can't believe I've forgotten about it.

@tobh thats rad you guys covered Hysteria!! The band I was in did a cover of this song back in the late 90's. Have to say we did it pretty good too, I got to do all the fancy delay heavy guitar leads, it was fuckin awesome. One of my favourite songs to play live hands down. Lead guitar with a lot of delay, wah pedal and phase shifting was my jam big time. This tune takes me back to the mid-late 90's a lot, and probably the closest to how I would describe what kinda guitar player I am. My playing tends to sound a lot like this.
And I love the way he sings "as the flowers wither" with his accent. So rad.

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

denial is futile. accept your own madness and get on with life 😉

truth be told, i'm seriously trying to work on being such a prick here. i'm generally a pretty chill person, there's no excuse for my outbursts. those types you mentioned, though... those are the ones that i can't not go for the throat. not the fighting type IRL, nor a keyboard warrior, but I have a pretty ugly case of not having a verbal filter and what i think tends to exit my mouth (or my finger tips). the ignore button is helping, but sometimes... words need said. gotta call an asshole for what they are when their heads are so far up their own ass that they talk shit everywhere they go.

Yeah, the ignore button is crucial for me too on here.

We can't be less divided if we can't communicate (which is intentional, as people in power have been angling for another civil war in the US for decades with Canada not far behind), and we can't communicate without being able to disagree respectfully.

At the end of the day, analyzing the media that we consume for bias and dehumanization is a way out of echo chambers.

Like essentially everyone else on earth, @Dirtbag, @tobh, and I disagree on some things politically. But in the process of respectfully disagreeing on those things, we all come away with a broader perspective and a genuine understanding of the other's thought process. That's how mutual respect is built.

There are a few sources with good journalists that present information with minimal editorializing, decent sources that slightly censor their reporters or want them to slant articles a certain way (most news media falls into this category), and absolute horseshit sources that are just paid to regurgitate propaganda from and make money for organizations like "The Fellowship." (<-click for link, watch the documentary on them to understand American politics), or the "Project for the New American Century." (<-- also a link).

Disagreeing, and the act of doing so respectfully, is generally how society becomes less divided. It should be okay and encouraged for everyone to say things like "who profits from you thinking that way?" and "who paid for that study?" and "who paid for you to hear that?

Also Amorphis is the shit. Loved their old stuff, it influenced some great Finnish melodic death metal like this...

and this...

Welp, there's my playlist for the day. 👿

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom