The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've never really been much of a pre-harvest flusher and typically only reduce the EC of my nutrients gradually for the last couple of weeks. I'd like to try a homemade isotonic flush (diy Clearex per BillFarthing) on half of my plants and compare. Quick question. Is the idea to run the isotonic flush at the same EC as the nutrients it's replacing until chop? Would the EC of the isotonic flush get reduced further?
I ran mine at 150ppm. And I'd soak the slabs, then feed plain water until I saw 0ppm runoff, then feed 150ppm isotonic again, and repeat. I used it a total of 3 times over the course of 10 days and had 2 days plain water before chop. Also let them dry up almost completely twice before chop.

Honestly it's one of the best burning crops I've grown since I can remember, even after not even 2 weeks hanging. The cherry it burns is outstanding. Right to the roach, instant ignition and doesn't burn out. Super white ash, full flavor of the cannabis. I'm sold.
20220216 185317
20220216 190342

I just snipped a couple lower branches for a tester. Nice pot. The rest needs a few more days of drying and some cure time.
20220216 120447

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I ran mine at 150ppm. And I'd soak the slabs, then feed plain water until I saw 0ppm runoff, then feed 150ppm isotonic again, and repeat. I used it a total of 3 times over the course of 10 days and had 2 days plain water before chop. Also let them dry up almost completely twice before chop.
I'm not sure i understand. You'd soak the slab with 150ppm is isotonic, then plain water.. then 150ppm isotonic again, then plain water again? Would the isotonic solution ever stay in your slabs? Or are you just using it as a rinse the remaining salts then run plain water?

Buds and burn looks killer!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I left the isotonic in the slab to be used up by the plant.
The last week I was just flooding the slabs once a day and letting them dry up significantly. The schedule was loosely like this;
First day of flush I rinsed the rockwool with 0ppm water until I had <100ppm runoff, then I flooded them with isotonic at 150ppm, about a gallon per slab.

Next days went like
Water
Water
Isotonic at 150ppm
Water
Water
Isotonic
Water
Water
Last day let them dry up almost completely before chop.

The flawless finish gives them some mag and sulphur to feed on, it's basically an Epsom salt feed with other things apparently. Not sure. But it's cheap and I'm more than impressed with the burn quality.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I left the isotonic in the slab to be used up by the plant.
The last week I was just flooding the slabs once a day and letting them dry up significantly. The schedule was loosely like this;
First day of flush I rinsed the rockwool with 0ppm water until I had <100ppm runoff, then I flooded them with isotonic at 150ppm, about a gallon per slab.

Next days went like
Water
Water
Isotonic at 150ppm
Water
Water
Isotonic
Water
Water
Last day let them dry up almost completely before chop.

The flawless finish gives them some mag and sulphur to feed on, it's basically an Epsom salt feed with other things apparently. Not sure. But it's cheap and I'm more than impressed with the burn quality.
good stuff! i've added Botanicare CLEAREX to my bucket list.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
clearrex is 45 dollars for a gallon and flawless is 20$ for a quart. Is there any difference in them as far as results go? cuz advanced nuts is nothing but printing and advertising charges imo

jguit

jguit

Supporter
clearrex is 45 dollars for a gallon and flawless is 20$ for a quart. Is there any difference in them as far as results go? cuz advanced nuts is nothing but printing and advertising charges imo

It looks like flawless finish is mag sulfate and magnesium EDTA which would make you think that it'd bring out the terps. Clearex appears to be sugars.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
honestly dude, flawless finish is cheap enough for a quart, you might as well spend the $14 just as a convenience fee. Just saying.
True, but it pains me to think i'm spending $14 on a bottle of water with $.25 worth of ingredients.. There is something to be said for convenience though!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I can't say but I suspect that there is more in flawless finish than just Epsom and Mag edta. Most of these brands don't have to label a lot of things in their products besides the nutrient salts used. If I were to guess I'd say FF has sugars as well as Epsom and likely additional chelates. Most are just sugar solutions, but I feel the better ones also have some beneficial salts.

Top Bottom