The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
^^^ this. if it weren't for being in a tent, i likely would be more lax during the first few weeks as well. i have an allergy to manual labor though, so once the girls were on the slabs, it was automation time. YMMV
That's pretty much WHY I water by hand for so long. Im a lazy grower. The 10 mins it takes to hand water is much less than the 1-2hr+ it takes me to setup my irrigation manifold, flush and sterilize the lines, drain the system, re-flush with nutes, then stake the plants with feed lines, clean the Y filters out, test the system etc. I tend to put it off too long if anything.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
On that note.. I need to get this trellis up. Got caught plowing snow the day I was supposed to do it, then the truck broke down,.. I should do that tonight before they stretch too much.
I can't believe how much they have regrown, it's mind blowing.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
That's pretty much WHY I water by hand for so long. Im a lazy grower. The 10 mins it takes to hand water is much less than the 1-2hr+ it takes me to setup my irrigation manifold, flush and sterilize the lines, drain the system, re-flush with nutes, then stake the plants with feed lines, clean the Y filters out, test the system etc. I tend to put it off too long if anything.
haha why do you think it took me like two months to even build my irrigation system? fuck man... it's a for real problem. i pay the ol lady's brother to come clean the gutters and do random shit yard work i don't want to, pay other people to work on my car (went to school to be a mechanic -- this is a shameful admittance), manipulate others to do just about anything i don't want to lol but my scale is a lot smaller than yours. it took maybe an hour to set up the fresh system once everything was assembled and sanitized. doing that ground work was the yuck portion.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
yeah me too..

DSC 0271

DSC 0275

Moshmen

Moshmen

Automation sounds so great until you say it like that. Lmao I too am lazy with my garden

Moshmen

Moshmen

haha why do you think it took me like two months to even build my irrigation system? fuck man... it's a for real problem. i pay the ol lady's brother to come clean the gutters and do random shit yard work i don't want to, pay other people to work on my car (went to school to be a mechanic -- this is a shameful admittance), manipulate others to do just about anything i don't want to lol but my scale is a lot smaller than yours. it took maybe an hour to set up the fresh system once everything was assembled and sanitized. doing that ground work was the yuck portion.
+1

tobh

tobh

Supporter
really should've installed the screens at flip. but then wouldn't be able to properly do the defoliation that's coming up. Saturday is going to be brutal for these girls. Fuckem. takin off on me like that. my kids don't even try that shit.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
fuck man, you had just as much bounceback as i did. it's gonna be a vicious jungle in there come day 21 stripdown.
With 2 more weeks to go at this growth rate.. I think you're right. I'm gonna need a machete to prune them by then.

Power was out for almost 6 hrs. Made good use of the reduced lighting and got the netting up. Also stripped a bunch more leaves. It was crowded already. And they're growing so fast... going for 3 strips this run.
20211207 224622

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
how you manage to MacGyver a scrooge net in the dark without breaking a branch 👏
Haha I had a generator going keeping the SE5000 on its lowest setting for light. Mostly to keep the plants on schedule. But it was a good environment for working too.
Was just a cold and cloudy morning for them is all. Honestly, could be beneficial in steering them into flower

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I also gotta say.. the plants on the left are starting to pull ahead. No question the 3 rows left to right are the biggest plants.
I'd love to be able to drop the LED closer but I can't or the fan will hit them. They're at least set to 100% power now.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
ya, you can see the fan blade close to the light frame in the picture. That's okay imo cuz their going to stretch. I wonder what the stretching period is going to be between each light.
Me too. I'm honestly considering taking the fan on the right down and just using one fan on the left side so i can get the LED closer.

We'll see..

Top Bottom