The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
my last two hydro grows, the current one included, tell me to tell you flip sooner than you think. my latest pic on this thread is picture proof. not even day 21, and those plants were at least 30" below the lights before flip. just saying.

For example, this is how full my room was the day I flipped to 12/12 using Rockwool 🤣
20211129 221004

PK1

PK1

Supporter
thats some mega fan leaves. how many days has it been from flip day now

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
thats some mega fan leaves. how many days has it been from flip day now
8 days since flip, but 10 days since I pulled leaves. And I stripped all the big fans again when I put the trellis up the other day at about day 6. They've already regrown that much. I'll try not to touch them again until day 21.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Big time. That was the first lesson I learned in rockwool too. Well, one of them. I had been filling out rooms in promix for so long, I was really caught off guard with the growth during those 21 days of stretch in wool. Way overpacked the room.
All caught up here, you set the bar so high ! Lol - any how I’m postin here cuz this is where I’m at, I’m comfortable in promix and pbpg and maybe some pk in flower but pretty basic ! I’m at set to go in wool I’m just scared 😳 you guys make it look so easy , gotta jump here soon

tobh

tobh

Supporter
All caught up here, you set the bar so high ! Lol - any how I’m postin here cuz this is where I’m at, I’m comfortable in promix and pbpg and maybe some pk in flower but pretty basic ! I’m at set to go in wool I’m just scared 😳 you guys make it look so easy , gotta jump here soon
it's by far the easiest method I've used yet, even rivaling coco. Frankly, the growth rates in wool make coco look like soil imo. plus, i really like the cleanliness of it. don't have dust or fragments of media to make messes with, don't need containers or anything. it's just so much more convenient in so many ways.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
it's by far the easiest method I've used yet, even rivaling coco. Frankly, the growth rates in wool make coco look like soil imo. plus, i really like the cleanliness of it. don't have dust or fragments of media to make messes with, don't need containers or anything. it's just so much more convenient in so many ways.
I'll add rockwool also doesn't compact or channel like loose media does.

I couldn't agree more, it's the easiest method I've ever used. The only caveat is you need an automated irrigation system, which is also easy enough in itself. And once you have it.. rockwool or bust imho. I'll never use coco again.

Plants look well stripped too man, I would have done the same being that packed in. They likely won't slow down one bit. I'm not sure if I'll strip mine as hard, but we will see.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
yeah, it was another nerve racking session. but, there were so many lower branches that would never amount to anything and so many leaves stacked, all i could think was "this is the last time they're gonna be outta the tent until they're harvested, go hard now or kick yourself for the next seven-eight weeks." might've hit yield a little bit, but now i think there's a better chance of ending up with solid buds throughout instead of a handful of decent tops and a ton of larf.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'll add rockwool also doesn't compact or channel like loose media does.

I couldn't agree more, it's the easiest method I've ever used. The only caveat is you need an automated irrigation system, which is also easy enough in itself. And once you have it.. rockwool or bust imho. I'll never use coco again.

Plants look well stripped too man, I would have done the same being that packed in. They likely won't slow down one bit. I'm not sure if I'll strip mine as hard, but we will see.
I'm already in, I think a lot of us will convert. @Mr.GreenthumbOG 🙃

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
yeah, it was another nerve racking session. but, there were so many lower branches that would never amount to anything and so many leaves stacked, all i could think was "this is the last time they're gonna be outta the tent until they're harvested, go hard now or kick yourself for the next seven-eight weeks." might've hit yield a little bit, but now i think there's a better chance of ending up with solid buds throughout instead of a handful of decent tops and a ton of larf.
I stripped that hard on my grow last winter and it kept growing like nothing happened. Like you said the entire crop will be quality, ripe bud. You should get zero larf outta that. You will get a fair bit of smalls but they'll be perfectly ripe.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I stripped that hard on my grow last winter and it kept growing like nothing happened. Like you said the entire crop will be quality, ripe bud. You should get zero larf outta that. You will get a fair bit of smalls but they'll be perfectly ripe.
that's what i thought -- recall you saying something along the lines of "if it has a petiole, it comes off." you're a wealth of knowledge on this technique, and it seems to go perfectly hand in hand with the unislabs.

Top Bottom