The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
doing the first full res flush. figure do a couple reservoirs through the blocks before the flawless finish gets here, really try to get the media EC down to 150ppm or less. Then, as soon as that shit lands, run a full res through and hit em with it for a few days. see if we can get these bitches to fade fast. will be dropping the steering schedules entirely as well. figure run three or four events throughout lights on, 3 minutes per, which will provide 450ml per shot.

whatchu think willis?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
doing the first full res flush. figure do a couple reservoirs through the blocks before the flawless finish gets here, really try to get the media EC down to 150ppm or less. Then, as soon as that shit lands, run a full res through and hit em with it for a few days. see if we can get these bitches to fade fast. will be dropping the steering schedules entirely as well. figure run three or four events throughout lights on, 3 minutes per, which will provide 450ml per shot.

whatchu think willis?
I'd do it all at once man, you don't want them to sit in plain water below 150ppm for any length of time. They'll draw up tons of water because of the osmotic unbalance and that can cause all kinds of issues. You're far better off rinsing it down and then immediately dosing with isotonic.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I'd do it all at once man, you don't want them to sit in plain water below 150ppm for any length of time. They'll draw up tons of water because of the osmotic unbalance and that can cause all kinds of issues. You're far better off rinsing it down and then immediately dosing with isotonic.
yeah, that makes sense. i was a little concerned about the possibility of a osmotic condition being introduced. runoff is still reading at 0.5-0.6, so once this res is empty, i'll make up the next one and set it at about the same. at least now it'll be confirmed at the same level of input.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
yeah, that makes sense. i was a little concerned about the possibility of a osmotic condition being introduced. runoff is still reading at 0.5-0.6, so once this res is empty, i'll make up the next one and set it at about the same. at least now it'll be confirmed at the same level of input.
Totally, plain water that low is what you want immediately after using isotonic, but before it gets in there and does its thing, it's best to just keep the ppm low/moderate and keep them happy doing their thing.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Love those guys. Awesome driving music.

Fukin passed out at 7:30 last night. Ever since the snow stopped and it warmed up, all I can think about is eating and sleeping. Literally.. all I do lately
W had a fkin Nor'easter blow though here last night..dumped a foot of snow -20 wind chill...power went out...Got the generator going, furnace hooked up, grow light on...I'm good to go. Start to shovel and the fking power is back on....oh well gen works...disconnect ...smoked a few 😄😄....ran out of coffee I'm on my last cup...haven't been plowed......you remember the Maritimes don't you?......Typical mid Jan day.....sunny right now

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
W had a fkin Nor'easter blow though here last night..dumped a foot of snow -20 wind chill...power went out...Got the generator going, furnace hooked up, grow light on...I'm good to go. Start to shovel and the fking power is back on....oh well gen works...disconnect ...smoked a few 😄😄....ran out of coffee I'm on my last cup...haven't been plowed......you remember the Maritimes don't you?......Typical mid Jan day.....sunny right now
I'm seeing it all over my Facebook feed lol. Seems a little too familiar. I moved out here to get away from that stuff. 😒

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'm smoking some Violator kush I picked up from a buddy for moving his trailer, clearly the same cut I ran a couple years ago but Holy cow is it ever good. Strange because it has very little smell and looks kinda green and dry, but once you light it up is it ever loud! Just knocks me on my ass too. Partly why I was in bed so early last night.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm smoking some Violator kush I picked up from a buddy for moving his trailer, clearly the same cut I ran a couple years ago but Holy cow is it ever good. Strange because it has very little smell and looks kinda green and dry, but once you light it up is it ever loud! Just knocks me on my ass too. Partly why I was in bed so early last night.
Hi, I thought I'd update, Today's bin an odd one with everything else I found another male...auto Frankenstein...It was coming along nicely then wham...balls...I like to freeze their balls off so a perfect day for some sunlight.

100 6651
100 6654
Anthem

Anthem

This is something I have experienced with a couple strains. Some of the best smoke will not look or smell all that potent

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Down to 400ppm input at 5.8ph. 70f.
Really love how clear the solution is.. Basically mineral water.
20220115 095721

Plants are starting to show a little fade too which is good to see, they're entering the ripening phase. Losing some of the deep green from the leaves and going more of an army green.
20220114 182033
They will be fed the 400ppm solution through to about Wednesday then I'll start the flush. Picked up a bottle of flawless finish today so I'll be using it midweek for a good soak and rinse, then I'll finish them off with 5-7 days of plain filtered and UV treated rainwater. Really want to fade these ladies off good and pale.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Down to 400ppm input at 5.8ph. 70f.
Really love how clear the solution is.. Basically mineral water.View attachment 1207005

Plants are starting to show a little fade too which is good to see, they're entering the ripening phase. Losing some of the deep green from the leaves and going more of an army green. View attachment 1207006They will be fed the 400ppm solution through to about Wednesday then I'll start the flush. Picked up a bottle of flawless finish today so I'll be using it midweek for a good soak and rinse, then I'll finish them off with 5-7 days of plain filtered and UV treated rainwater. Really want to fade these ladies off good and pale.
I was watching something on YT where they were talking about using RO water over the last week to bring out the colour.....water with no minerals in it the plant says thanks for the water and pulls what it has left from its leaves.....I've been buying the RO water for my humidifiers so wtf I got the stuff and I tried it.....the leaves did go yellow and redish in the week -10 day...

jguit

jguit

Supporter
@Dirtbag, that is a truly beautiful grow!

Did you mention somewhere in this that you were going to try a quick dry before curing? I could swear you mentioned something about Dr. Bugbee recommending this.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@Dirtbag, that is a truly beautiful grow!

Did you mention somewhere in this that you were going to try a quick dry before curing? I could swear you mentioned something about Dr. Bugbee recommending this.
Not a quick dry by any means, but I am going to try to remove as much moisture in the first 24hrs as possible. I'll keep temp about 17-18c, loads of air movement and keep the dehu on continuous run so it gets humidity down into the 30's.
After 24hrs I'll set it to 60f/60RH for another 10-14 days to continue slow drying.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I was watching something on YT where they were talking about using RO water over the last week to bring out the colour.....water with no minerals in it the plant says thanks for the water and pulls what it has left from its leaves.....I've been buying the RO water for my humidifiers so wtf I got the stuff and I tried it.....the leaves did go yellow and redish in the week -10 day...
Yeah I see the argument made often that once nutrients are in a plant they can't be removed from the plant. This is not entirely true from what I can tell.

Plants take up nutrients and most are assimilated and utilized to make plant tissues, but any excess nutrients that are NOT assimilated are stored inside cells within the plant called vaccuoles, for later use when nutrients are less available. These nutrients in fact CAN be depleted/removed from those storage cells before harvest by either using plain water or an isotonic chelate solution.

So if you know that you never ever fed them more than they can use, a flush isn't needed but if you have nutrients still stored in the plant tissues that are not yet assimilated, you're better off finishing them with no nutrients so they can clear out those vaccuoles of stored salts.

Top Bottom