The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
This round I started introducing more P about a week before flip. I started by hitting them with about 0.2ec of mag-pro on top of the foliage pro in the 3rd week of veg. In the first week of bloom I was doing about 70% foliage pro, 20% bloom and 10% mag pro. By the end of stretch it was up to 70%bloom, 20% foliage pro and 10% mag pro (percentage in terms of total ppm, not refering to the volume of nutrient added). Weeks 6 and 7 has just been 50/50 bloom and mag pro, I cut out foliage pro by the end of week 5. Wasn't ever a drastic jump from one ratio to another, it was gradually transitioned throughout the grow.
I guess bud explosion wouldn't do the trick here for me using mega crop since its 0.19.30 npk. I don't think there would be a problem using ProMag with MC? any MC users could confirm this?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I guess bud explosion wouldn't do the trick here for me using mega crop since its 0.19.30 npk. I don't think there would be a problem using ProMag with MC? any MC users could confirm this?
you could drop the MC input and make up the EC difference with bud explosion. that NPK kinda sucks though, the ratios are inverse. That's why I like MOAB, it's 0-52-32, so much higher in P, and I use it alongside front row ag two part. just drop the FRAG enough to accommodate for the potency of MOAB.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Mag-pro is 2-15-4, and I think would work very well to boost the P levels along with the megcrop without jacking up the N or K too high.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
you could drop the MC input and make up the EC difference with bud explosion. that NPK kinda sucks though, the ratios are inverse. That's why I like MOAB, it's 0-52-32, so much higher in P, and I use it alongside front row ag two part. just drop the FRAG enough to accommodate for the potency of MOAB.
Mag-pro is 2-15-4, and I think would work very well to boost the P levels along with the megcrop without jacking up the N or K too high.
@tobh i fully agree, the only down part is i have two 25lbs sitting here lol.. my part B is a 5-12-26 and im thinking if i just add the mag pro than i only bring my phosphorus up for flower phase and not have to waste nutrients. My potassium is already high and If i get my ratios right then i wont get a K deficiency. I have a feeling the extra P is my missing puzzle here

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
@tobh i fully agree, the only down part is i have two 25lbs sitting here lol.. my part B is a 5-12-26 and im thinking if i just add the mag pro than i only bring my phosphorus up for flower phase and not have to waste nutrients. My potassium is already high and If i get my ratios right then i wont get a K deficiency. I have a feeling the extra P is my missing puzzle here
Don't let my observations lead you to go super heavy with P either. These are just some very loose observations that pertain to really a handful of strains. Like I mentioned earlier my Platinum cookies cut produced no matter what it was fed, and always burned clean, flushed or not. It was an enigma.
What im really getting at is that with some strains it seems to be really beneficial to go hard with P. Some strains however seem to get enough regardless how little P you feed, and I'm sure some strains are also very sensitive to too much P.
Bottom line really, is I think that tuning the nutrient ratios to specific cultivars is a lot more important than I would have thought. And it suggests that there isn't a one size fits all nutrient suitable for all varieties of cannabis to be grown optimally.

This was platinum cookies on a 3-2-4 ratio in flower iirc. Did just fine on a low P diet.
20200709 151051

I think what is most important is being able to read the signs the plants are giving you. The last bunch of grows have just shown me a lot of new signs to watch for regarding P requirements.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I think it's the word that confuses people. "Flushing" cleaning everything out and if you don't you get shit tasting / burning weed...I don't see flushing as in pouring 3-4 gallons of water through a 3 gallon container..or 10 gallons through a 5 gal...some do that to flush I've read...All flushing to me is back to back watering ...in a feed water feed water cycle...with good runoff...I now start that at week 8 in flower...I don't fkin know...I smoke my stuff is that flushing?
Both of these meanings are 'flushing'. In both, you are attempting to remove excess nutes, either from the plant or the medium.
In organic soil, flushing will harm the plants, so we never do it. The natural cation exchange keeps it from over eating anyway.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Don't let my observations lead you to go super heavy with P either. These are just some very loose observations that pertain to really a handful of strains. Like I mentioned earlier my Platinum cookies cut produced no matter what it was fed, and always burned clean, flushed or not. It was an enigma.
What im really getting at is that with some strains it seems to be really beneficial to go hard with P. Some strains however seem to get enough regardless how little P you feed, and I'm sure some strains are also very sensitive to too much P.
Bottom line really, is I think that tuning the nutrient ratios to specific cultivars is a lot more important than I would have thought. And it suggests that there isn't a one size fits all nutrient suitable for all varieties of cannabis to be grown optimally.

This was platinum cookies on a 3-2-4 ratio in flower iirc. Did just fine on a low P diet.
View attachment 1207634

I think what is most important is being able to read the signs the plants are giving you. The last bunch of grows have just shown me a lot of new signs to watch for regarding P requirements.
i was planning to start at 2ml a week before flower and achieve a 5.ml for 15gallon during flower phase. keeping in mind two week to lower the nutrient level in rockwool and go through the final phase. what do you think with this ratio for 15 gallon rez?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I have no idea when we will get to start our next grow, but I'm willing to guess that we get similar growth from our organics once I get it setup properly.
@Dirtbag did you measure any of these during the grow? I'd love to have numbers to compare to.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have no idea when we will get to start our next grow, but I'm willing to guess that we get similar growth from our organics once I get it setup properly.
@Dirtbag did you measure any of these during the grow? I'd love to have numbers to compare to.
Measure any of which? I've got numbers for all my inputs like ppfd and ppms etc throughout. Haven't measured size of the plants or anything though. Final yield should be telling though.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i was planning to start at 2ml a week before flower and achieve a 5.ml for 15gallon during flower phase. keeping in mind two week to lower the nutrient level in rockwool and go through the final phase. what do you think with this ratio for 15 gallon rez?

View attachment 1207652
I dont usually work in volumes with nutrients so I'm not sure. But the inversion of your A and B nutrients through flower looks about right.

Reactions: PK1
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Measure any of which? I've got numbers for all my inputs like ppfd and ppms etc throughout. Haven't measured size of the plants or anything though. Final yield should be telling though.
Plant size during the grow is what I was looking for. We don't do the other measurements, so...

Reactions: PK1
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Plant size during the grow is what I was looking for. We don't do the other measurements, so...
Gotcha, I can probably figure that out easy enough in rough estimate. They were about 8" tall after the first 10 days in the block, about 18" after 2 weeks on the slab so 24 days, and a little over 2 feet when I flipped after 4 weeks veg. I know this because I just measured the height of the trellis I put in when I flipped. They are currently about 36-38" tall on average from where the stem emerges from the wool.

Of course these were clones, and I topped them twice to make 16 branches per plant grow to that height. Variables to consider.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Gotcha, I can probably figure that out easy enough in rough estimate. They were about 8" tall after the first 10 days in the block, about 18" after 2 weeks on the slab so 24 days, and a little over 2 feet when I flipped after 4 weeks veg. I know this because I just measured the height of the trellis I put in when I flipped. They are currently about 36-38" tall on average from where the stem emerges from the wool.

Of course these were clones, and I topped them twice to make 16 branches per plant grow to that height. Variables to consider.
I have our next grow designed to be air tight with CO2 on full organics. Sensor run watering.
That means we will take DLI readings, adjust lights, trim and train. So much work. 😎

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I have been very amazed with the grow rate. Did have a bit of issue in the begging which was partly my fault as I should of just moved everything to the room sooner to meet the vpd needs, but once they were settled in they took off.

although with some of the stress, i was still amazed when it didnt effect the plants much by topping and or some of the other techniques you and the aggressive once @tobh used.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They're starting to lean pretty heavy with resin. The strain is deceiving, the buds aren't huge but they are heavy AF. Hp's look like Qp's. But they aren't slowing down much, not as much as I thought they were. Gonna have to keep them on the feed a bit longer.

20220117 212822
20220117 212935
Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
That looks sick db!!! and their fat brah! When is the microscope show gonna happen?

Latest posts

Top Bottom