The ""Dialing OG's Strain in Soil"" Thread

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
First time I've try to grow OG strains in soil was the Tahoe cut and it was a complete disaster compare to how good the herb was supposed to be, there it wasn't no keeper anymore, but some low grade shitty bud.

I've seen OG's newbs growing her for the first time in Hydro or COCO and getting stellar result compare to soil.
Anyone here's growing pure OG"s strains exclusively in soil? I've seen Subscool tip about running OG's in soil supersoil cut at 25%. Anyone have try this? Who's running those OG cuts in soil? Whether its organic mix or bottle nutes, does it really matter?

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you run the Tahoe OG that way? Did she had purple stems?

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm going to run some Faceoff bx2 and probably the ghost cut in this thread. Will use a simple soil recipe and bio canna line. I want to use some dolomite to take care of the Cal/Mg part and some Ascophyllum Nodosum to structure the soil and help with the roots.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
how long does it take to breakdown? I simply follow Subcool super soil recipe, with some tweaking.

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

hey TCM, I'm running a couple og crosses right now in soil for the first time. I gotta say I've always been a hydro guy either rock wool or coco, but these ladies are growing fast as fuck, i mean it. Haven't had this type of growth in a while, the real healthy growth too. Im super stocked to see how they turn out, last soil run i did was my wifi cut a few yrs back, she was looking o so good but i got mites and they phuked up my whole grow, so i couldn't really give a good representation. No mites no problems so far and I'm hoping to get some beasts. Im running 420 blend hot soil and happy from to base. I'll keep you posted or keep an eye out!

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Subbed to see what the soil OG growers can do compared to other mediums. I just love my coco though

Have you ever tried coco soil mix such as this one?

Here's my current coco mix recipe: (2 gal formula):
6 qt - coco
2 qt - perlite
1.5 oz - blood meal
1.5 oz - bone meal
1.5 oz - kelp meal
1.5 oz - green sand
1 oz - epsom salt
2 oz - dolomite
1 oz - cottonseed meal (NPK slow release)
1 oz - dry molasses (bacteria food)
2 oz - mycorrhizae fungi
* all of these amendments have micro nutrient

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
hey TCM, I'm running a couple og crosses right now in soil for the first time. I gotta say I've always been a hydro guy either rock wool or coco, but these ladies are growing fast as fuck, i mean it. Haven't had this type of growth in a while, the real healthy growth too. Im super stocked to see how they turn out, last soil run i did was my wifi cut a few yrs back, she was looking o so good but i got mites and they phuked up my whole grow, so i couldn't really give a good representation. No mites no problems so far and I'm hoping to get some beasts. Im running 420 blend hot soil and happy from to base. I'll keep you posted or keep an eye out!

U welcome Brotherlewrl. This exactly what this thread is about. I prefer soil herb too, but only if its grown right! What are those og cross u running? Whats the recipe of that soil? Is that the one called Humboldt Hot Soil?

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
Have you ever tried coco soil mix such as this one?
Nope I started off w rock wool and converted to coco. Since my mentor taught me this way. I love the speed of rock wool and plan to run a few tables soon but ill be observing what the soil growers do w OG

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Nope I started off w rock wool and converted to coco. Since my mentor taught me this way. I love the speed of rock wool and plan to run a few tables soon but ill be observing what the soil growers do w OG

Hell yeah pull a sit bro, u're welcome here. I will be running archives OG's from seeds at first. I have the Face Off bx2, The HellRaiser and the Valley Girl to start with :)

I seriously considering trying coco asap. Will probably try a coco 4x8 bed dtw. Wondering what organic coco mix can pull.

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

U welcome Brotherlewrl. This exactly what this thread is about. I prefer soil herb too, but only if its grown right! What are those og cross u running? Whats the recipe of that soil? Is that the one called Humboldt Hot Soil?
its the humbolt 420 blend, i can't remember the recipe off the top. But the strains i be running right now are black diamond og (blackberry kush x diamond og) and ROC og (Chemdog 91 x rascals fire cut) They are both loving life right now. did a nice 2 week pre vegg and 2 weeks under 4k, in 7 gallon pots 2/3 420 blend, 1/3 happy #4.. I put the 420 blen in buckets first then just add a 1/3 happy so the plants can ease into the hot soil. I'll take some pics tonight at 5 days in flower and show them. Yea i wanna see what the soil can do, i see grow master kill it in soil and i know for myself sometimes in hydro i fuck around too much and cause myself problems. I thought in soil its a bit easier to keep it simple!

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i dont know about you guys but i run straight promix and have no problems at all...i just keep the feed consistent and not too high...basicly i feed every irrigation(by hand) and its pretty straight simple...400ppm for clones in veg...and as they get onlder i raise to 800ppm at max..depending on strain specific i might run a bit higher or lower, but around 800ppm in flower seems to be right..

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

U running straight OG's Joe?

to be honest not quite...running deezyD, and HBK(kush cross)...but ive ran 2 diff og's, and Chemdog 91 as well...to me all plants are the same, some eat more some eat less....in my experience the kush eat more than my deezyD...

for example, most indica strains, i find eat more than sativa..but i find some hybrids are more ph finiky..

whats the problem your getting in soil exactly? i might be able to help...got any pics? im pretty good at diagnosing soil plants..

hell you want a sur fire method?

3.5 parts promix
1 part sheep manure compost
1 part shrimp compost
and add 2-3 cups of dolo lime

to this start feeding from day 1 the clones are planted with a 650 ppm (1.3 ec) constant every feeding...for this recipe i used a 14-5-38 npk ratio(jacks pro) and added a bloom booster high in P if needed, but i never liked to with indicas, only sativas.

btw ive had better results using dry ferts compared to all the liquids you see in the hydro stores, and ive tried a few...(AN, Canna, H&G, GH..ect)..i just much prefer the dry powders in soil, i find the perform much better ime...right now because im running straight promix, im using some 12-16-30 tomato ferts with added cal/mg and a bloom booster(051-32)....i just keep it simple and let the plants tell me what they need

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Actually I've run Tahoe OG once in soil with nutes and had problems due to Cal/Mg deficiency. Was running bottle nutes at the time. I usually run hybrids and never did run a straight OG before in soil. This time I will mix some dry amendment in my light mix soil. I have a recipe already, I gathered the stuff I need.
I will use bio boost as a booster and bio canna line if needed.

I know there's some specific soil recipe to grow Sativas and Hazes. So to my idea , they must be a specific recipe to grow OG"s to the perfection in a organic mixed soil. I have seen a grower on a another board who try to build a specific organic soil recipe for og's. His SFV looked the bomb in his soil mix :) 100% fire dank !

This is exactly what I will try to recreate with this thread, testing different soil mix and nutes lines with the same OG cuts and see what gives the best result.

Top Bottom