The Dope Shed.

• Thread starter CallmeTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Took a look at my notes. Actually, it is a Male (Purple Storm X Kolossus) X (GSC). Only have a trich picture handy.View attachment 682396
Very cool Jaybo. Sounds like a cool cross.

I grew out a bunch of breeders botique in an outdoor grow several years back. Did a series crossed with a big ol Deep Blue x Sour Cherry male. HB 707, purple valley og, em dawg, fireballs, and widdow. Still havent made it passed F1 with most of them. Good line of genetics!
Sounds like you've made yourself some nice crosses then. I just popped 5 DBxSC that were freebies from my BB order and have 1 female, should flower in about a month.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Purple Storm doing her thing @ 52 days
100 5538

Moondawg @52 days
100 5546

Herbs swaying in the night..
100 5542

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Here's a shot from today, crop is at 54 days and the PS is coming down Tuesday.
100 5588

Not a very uniform canopy on this run, but the buds are tight and full. Just what the doctor ordered...
100 5583

This mangled mess of MD will go another week.
100 5568

Built this 6 citi cob earlier this week. Its the timber kit, and I highly recommend timber for someone that wants to get into cob lighting, but doesn't want to do tons of research and source all the parts. The kit is super easy color coded.
100 5551

Thats all for now. If y'all want anymore in depth info on any aspect of this grow just let me know?

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Purple Storm hangin and swangin.
100 5631

These are the Kimbo Kush F2's I'm testing. The journal for these is in the exotic sub forum. They've been extremely vigorous in flower and the clones I've taken are vegging very fast. I'm excited to see what late flower is going to look like.
100 5624

Kimbos Day 23
100 5625

Sensi Star @ dsy 23 doing real well under the 2100mA cobs.
100 5627

It's early to tell, but to me the growth rate in the coco is faster than the growth I've been getting from my Peat/Compost/Perilite/wormcastings mix. The goal for me is to stay 100% organic and grow as much meds as possible, so definantly going to experiment more with the organic coco...\

Here's a shot of my new veg rig. 300 watt rig, turned down to about 200 watts to veg a 2x4 tray!
100 5609

Organikz

Organikz

@CallmeTex I'm subbed up. You are an artist sir. Those are buds of the highest standard. Please share some methods as you roll. I am interested on what your inputs are. I like that you know how to let a canna plant actually ripen! I know you'd be surprised. I've been misinformed for a minute until I stumbled on that article I just posted. Hydro boys clown leaf fade. I was like huh? They're chopping prefade.

That's some buds I'd love to smoke there. You mind if I share your pic? Credit will be given to you of course. I want it for personal reference more than anything. I'm a dork but I pin pictures of fully ripe plants in my grow room just to keep myself from being tempted.

Last edited:
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

@CallmeTex I'm subbed up. You are an artist sir. Those are buds of the highest standard. Please share some methods as you roll. I am interested on what your inputs are. I like that you know how to let a canna plant actually ripen! I know you'd be surprised. I've been misinformed for a minute until I stumbled on that article I just posted. Hydro boys clown leaf fade. I was like huh? They're chopping prefade.

That's some buds I'd love to smoke there. You mind if I share your pic? Credit will be given to you of course. I want it for personal reference more than anything. I'm a dork but I pin pictures of fully ripe plants in my grow room just to keep myself from being tempted.

Thanks Organikz for the kind words. I must say that these girls probably could have went a little longer, and I forgot to note whenever I put them in so I have no idea what day they were on. Just needed to come down to keep everything perpetual.

This run was flowered in remixed rlo soil.
-Peat, compost, perilite, with a 6-8-4 fertilizer mix I buy from the store. I'll give you the list from the bag.
-Alfalfa meal, cottonseed meal, bone meal, sulfate of potash, humate, greensand, rabbit manure, granite sand, poultry and dairy cow compost. I re-amend the soil at a rate of about 1-2 cups 10 gallons of soil.
-I add 1 cup crushed oyster shell and 1 cup neem meal per 10 gall0ns of soil.
-Optional worm castings
I moisten and mix on a concrete slab, then load it into trash bins where it sits for 30-60+ days until I use it. Whenever I go to pot up my plants I mix in about 2 cups of worm castings per flowering plant. I also dust the roots with mycos every time I transplant.

Kimbo #5
100 5725

100 5728

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I forgot to add, whenever I take down plants I cut the stems into about 1'' pieces and add them back into the soil remix. I only do this for healthy plants. The bigger pieces help aerate the mix and give the worms something to chew on...:D I normally just compost the leaves separately too. If I have any pest problems, I'll just toss that soil in the garden compost.
My red wigglers end up in the flowering pots as well :cool:

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Thanks mane, I bet those cobs are going to grow some heavy plants. How are you going to drive your cobs?

Here's another.
View attachment 723560
The drivers I got are MW 285-700ma
I have 12 citizen cobs clu48 1212 3500k
I wanted low power and high eff.
If the cobs are rated at 24watts each and Im driving them at half the power of others Ive seen, how many watts do you think they pull at 700ma?

The maximum drive current is 2760ma - I have screwed all the cobs in the sinks but have not wired yet.
My brother is an electrician and I dont feel confident doin it myself so its being put off atm.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

The drivers I got are MW 285-700ma
I have 12 citizen cobs clu48 1212 3500k
I wanted low power and high eff.
If the cobs are rated at 24watts each and Im driving them at half the power of others Ive seen, how many watts do you think they pull at 700ma?

The maximum drive current is 2760ma - I have screwed all the cobs in the sinks but have not wired yet.
My brother is an electrician and I dont feel confident doin it myself so its being put off atm.

Yo Jakey, that rig sounds like it will work pretty well for you. So you will be driving them at 25 watts each, the ones pictured above are all at 50 watts per cobs or one fixture is 75 watts each cob @ 2100mA. You could drive them a little harder, but I've seen people do real well with the lower currents.

Have you checked out Grow Mau5 videos? He's made a very well thought out step by step guide, if you want to get it done sooner than later. Good luck mate.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Took a little long for me to do this but I want to post my results for my Defoliation Experiment. Out of the 4 MDs I ran 2 were the control group which received no defoliation during flowering. The 2 from the experiment group were heavily defoliated on days 7 and 21. Striped of all fan leaves blocking bud sights.
Here's an example of my defol. 0n day 21.
100 5361

100 5364

100 5357

One thing I noticed was that the defoliated plants seemed to stretch less. Appeared to stack tighter, but I think that is just an optical illusion because they have been stripped naked.

They were taken down on day 63 and given a week to hang dry until all the branches were able to snap and then I began trimming. One of the biggest factors for why I won't be doing anymore defol in organic soil is because of trim time. It took me on average 30 minutes longer per plant to trim the bud from the defoliated group. Because I had striped away their major fan leaves, it caused them to grow more bud leaf and made it way harder to trim. This and factor in the time it takes to defoliate in flower and it is a losing proposition.

Final Weight in Grams:
Defoliation group- MD1 -107.5 MD3-131.5 total-239
Control group- MD2 -110 MD4-130 total-240

So basically no significant change in yield. However I spent at least 3-4 more hours of work pruning and then trimming the defol group. This is significant.

I also ran the same experiment on 3 purple storms in which I notice the same thing when trimming the finished product. It was much more time consuming to trim. The reason why I didn't consider the PS in the experiment is because they were very different in sizes to start with and only three of them.

Defoliation group- PS1- 107 PS2-97
Control group- PS3- 106

Wish I would have taken more pics towards the end, but I got a little too busy.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Can share the pic for sure. No problema

Latest posts

Top Bottom