The First Annual QUARTER SACK CLASSIC Disc Golf Tournament

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

Have fun guys. Alas, I am in the midst of trimming. I wish I was there. I'll be out for the cup, so maybe there can be another mini quarter ounce event. I'm sure lots more people are gonna be in Colorado then.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Well, here it is - the 22nd... I'm still waiting on friend to wake up, couple of hours on the road maybe more with the snow... See ya when I see ya..

4BIG2WORM0

4BIG2WORM0

I think I'm gonna have 2 pass 2day, not feeling the snow. Good luck 2 everyone making trip 2day b safe & have fun!! I'm in 4 another day of planning & or playing .

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

No snow here. We're heading to the disc golf course at beaver run off of foxton road. We'll plan to meet up another day.

The bucksnort doesn't open until 11:30am so we know for next time.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Got maybe half a course in, lost a disc, slipped about 100 times on the ice under the snow. Had a great time doing it. The official name of the place is the conifer community park disc golf course.

As soon as I left Elk Creek it was coming down. We'll have to reschedule for another round/planning date since just one other person besides myself showed up and I'm not deeming that sufficient.

What about the 5th of April?

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Fucking hell! First off, bucksnort saloon is super badass and I would be proud to be there again. Second, lets meet up somewhere a little closer to anything next time... Third, I showed up----- a little late. 1pm. Sorry. I had no idea the weather and world would have wished that on me and a friend but... I spoke to the bar lady and she said the two of you showed up and then left. Anyways, yeah we should do this again - I think I saw a sign for Reynolds park like twenty minutes before I got to bucksnort.. what a sweet spot

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Yea the Conifer community disc golf course is at the Reynolds Park exit. And yes the Bucksnort is not close to anything else except the Bucksnort course and Phantom falls. The weather was ok but it was the ice under the snow that wore me out. Shit! We left at about 12:45, PButter you probably passed us if you came down elk creek. Conifer doesn't have a bar. There are some bars in the restaurants but that's about it. We could get a table in the seat yourself rowdy area at JJ Madwell's or 3 margaritas and hit the Conifer course or I'm down to suggestions for places in Denver, Boulder, ect. I have only played disc golf 3 times so I really have no clue about where the good courses are except the ones I live close to.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
All I know is that the courses in the flats pretty much suck- flat, no trees, you can almost always see the pins... Courses in the hills almost always are hard and at least that's fun. Basically I left late and then the weather was a real bitch getting there. Also- I didn't want to be driving in that weather after having smoked fire and I couldn't find my 1993 shwag bag so I was on edge. Funny how big this state gets with traffic and snow. We will have to try out a few different scenarios before the 5/31 date.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Well I'm down to go play the Conifer course this weekend if the flats suck. Or if there's a mountain course in Boulder. Whatever, let's loose some discs this weekend.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have my kids this weekend, so I won't be able to join, but I did shoot 3 over in the swirling wind at Cottonwood yesterday with my family. Course would have played super easy if the wind wasn't screwing with every shot. Pretty awesome that my girl and kids enjoy it almost as much as I do.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Been hard at it all weekend. No real chance to play a course but I did throw some frisbee's for the dog and toss a few disks at a few trees in the yard. Gonna be fun when we do all get together.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I just saw this thread..little late to the party. Unfortunately I won't have anything dried/cured at the time. Concentrate to cover fee? I'd like to throw but not trying to misrep my shit eithet, nah mean?

If not you can hire me as your caddy/joint roller for a nominal fee.

growchick421

growchick421

Been hard at it all weekend. No real chance to play a course but I did throw some frisbee's for the dog and toss a few disks at a few trees in the yard. Gonna be fun when we do all get together.
It sounds like you need a personal net for ur falf. We have one and it works wonders for getting it out of ur system without going to a course. Also helps save the disks if ur trees have rough bark.:cat:

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I don't mind losing a few disks/yr to dog teeth marks/ tree marks. I can't believe how much disks cost new. I can't believe how little they cost when you find them at a garage sale. My laser couldn't hit anything-even by accident. :(

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I just saw this thread..little late to the party. Unfortunately I won't have anything dried/cured at the time. Concentrate to cover fee? I'd like to throw but not trying to misrep my shit eithet, nah mean?

If not you can hire me as your caddy/joint roller for a nominal fee.
Primo, you can always just show up and be the un-biased judge... concentrates ought to count for something! Really though, I'm a little concerned over what I'll have ready for the date as well...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Well, guys, the main idea is to get together and have some fun. Do NOT sweat it if you have nothing ready from your own spot; you'd just be cooler if ya did...lol. I am doubting that any/much of my current run will be ready by then; depends on how fast these testers finish up, and if they cure up in time as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom