The First Annual QUARTER SACK CLASSIC Disc Golf Tournament

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zeke

zeke

I happen to have my own private Discgolf course, but its secluded mountaintop location is in Washington state. Plus its been a while since my cows heard "4".Drats. Maybe this summer if phish do the gorge again. I'm only a couple of hours from there. I don't mind if its a fee course. Baskets don't grow on trees, oh wait they do that's how I got mine sort of.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

5.13 huh? Guys I've been dragged up 5.12. I'm looking to cruise 5.8 and maybe blow out on some 5.10. Ten years ago I'd lead 5.11. Now I'm a big pussy and can't even mentally tie a figure 8. What happened to me? Fuck my life has gotten soft. Fuckit I'm gonna start training today! Yeah or maybe tomorrow or even early next week! Hell yeah I'm pumped now. Hmm I wonder what leftovers are in the fridge...

There's other climbing in the area, some of it is bolted.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Sadly, the 5.13b route on Sphinx Rock is closed, as well as all of Sphinx Rock. It's an access issue; the landowner is sick of punks littering up his land and destroying property. He guards it with a shotgun as if it's his last and only mission in life.
HOWEVER, there are some great climbs on Bucksnort Slab; just a little further up the road from Sphinx Rock.

zeke

zeke

I've never understood how someone can be a climber and not respect the land. Kinda like finding a cigarette butt or beer can twenty or thirty miles in on a trail. Who does that? Sphinx rock sounds like a great project for Access Fund.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Bro, I organized and led the Access Fund "Adopt-a-Crag" annual shindig for a few years here in CO. Sphinx Rock is not a very large area, and the AF has bigger fish to fry. My absolute favorite crag (South Table Mountain) has been closed for over ten years now, due to the BLM leasing the land to a gravel company. For the first couple years, the gravel company allowed climbers access to the rock, but evidently they had a ton of equipment vandalized in 2001 or so and decided to close the land off to anyone not there on business. SMH.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

The bucksnort slab is bolted. That's a decent place to take a dip too. Cool little waterfall inside of a cave you can slide down. I usually take a 5 gallon bucket with a lid with me when I go down there and pick up other peoples trash (usually just a couple of random beer cans) just so we can continue to use it and not piss the land owner off. I never understood people who shit where they eat.

I'll ask around about the Sphinx rock. He might make an exception for a local.

growchick421

growchick421

Sadly, the 5.13b route on Sphinx Rock is closed, as well as all of Sphinx Rock. It's an access issue; the landowner is sick of punks littering up his land and destroying property. He guards it with a shotgun as if it's his last and only mission in life.
HOWEVER, there are some great climbs on Bucksnort Slab; just a little further up the road from Sphinx Rock.
Mans got a right to keep hooligans away. Though that does suck. It sounds fun to hike. Nice to know others are open that are also close by.

growchick421

growchick421

I've never understood how someone can be a climber and not respect the land. Kinda like finding a cigarette butt or beer can twenty or thirty miles in on a trail. Who does that? Sphinx rock sounds like a great project for Access Fund.
Sadly I know many people that r farmers and they do the same all over. Most of the time we have to deal a l with broken glass too. I understand there r times when glass needs to brake (when ur passed off for example), but not in the wild where animals can get hurt. It's a very sad thing what humans do.

Hazefeen

Hazefeen

My wife loves frisbee golf! I've never played but am very interested. We will have a 1 month old new addition to the family at the date suggested :D so exciting time for us! We would love to go will keep looking at thread to see the plans unfold. will also donate a prize. :D

stay green peeps!

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Get hit in the head with both and you'll remember which one is the disc.

It looks like you can't smoke on the course itself at phantom falls but you can smoke on the patio or in your car. This doesn't surprise me as it's prime area for a forest fire and one careless butt or ember could light the whole place up in short order. You can still see (maybe even some on the property) where the high meadow fire in 2000 burnt up 10,000 acres. Maybe a vape pen? I'll ask. I called the property owner, just waiting to hear back.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

LOL, yeah, how hard can it be... I love it. It can be as hard as regular golf, if not harder on a windy day!
We can probably get a few practice rounds in before tourney time, brother. Hit me up.

growchick421

growchick421

I think if someone has played frisbee tag they would understand how the most difficult thing is aim. Disk gulf is mostly similar. Aim is the most challenging thing, especially on windy days. But it's so much fun being out in the open. By the way, is the course being looked at mostly open area or is it more in a wooded area??

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Wooded, hilly = sweet. According to the website it is a pretty challenging course although all of the 36 holes are par three.... so with any luck I won't be putting down a 9 on any one hole.

Top Bottom