The Gas Lantern Techinique!!!

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lino

lino

First determine your purpose. WHY TAKE A CLONE. The non-sterile cloning environments are for the most part what spread our marijuana plant diseases, during the cloning phase. The problem is that we're growers man, we dont have equipment to see what you already know, and just like electricity we dont truly understand it until we get zapped/shocked. Mildew, virus and over 20,000 disease are what fuck up marijuana plants predominantly spread through cloning. All of our seeds are infected with some pathogen to some degree impart more from poor cloning techniques then from mildewy closet growing. Case in point; You get some AIDS virus on a tough part of your skin. You wash it off right away, The virus hopefully didnt infect you. If you get the virus in your blood stream , your going to have a bad day. Same goes for a plant. Mildew on a plant is easily washed off, but if its in the cell structure all the washing in the world wont help, it might go away on the surface but its still there in fact the only way to get rid of many plant infections is thru the root system that will make the plant non consumable in my book., but still fertile and I still avoid the specific semi-infected plant for breeding outside of a dish.

on with WHY TAKE A CLONE,
9 out of 10 of my mentored breeders that think they have a bad ass breed, and most do and grow it like mo fo but they have have not mastered and grasped one my 1st concept in basic experimental design 101, no botany just basic horticulture techniques concepts. So when asked, WHY TAKE A CLONE ? Many answer. Sea of Green and i can save the mother. Good answer but lets try a ol technique that could be a failed trial but when mastered I'll let the grower decide in his own experimental designs after mastering his art. Graft , graft to a superior rooting and disease resistant plant with a harder to clone and better tasting plant. And while were at it let graft in a ruderalis plant. Now follow me for a minute, put down the bong and read this as you'll run out and most likely fuck up some plants with or with out my help if try this, in other words , Don try this at home kids, that means go out and try this at home. The sad part is many do it before they understand. What is a monocot and a dicot? can you graft the 2 together? Is Cannabis monocot and a dicot? I will be up dating my web site if your interested in understanding these sciences and horticluture techniques... webisers.com ... Take 100 successful dishes of the each mother except the ruderalis... Now your gene pool is saved for pennies on the dollar and take up 1/10 the room, this has it major down fall also. So what happens when plants are joined at the basal meristem? what happen if they're grafted at the main meristerm? What outcome is desired?
2 root masses are removed and now the entire plant survives on the Superior rooting and disease resistant plant root mass and the ruderalis and good tasting plant our dependent on the Superior rooting and disease resistant plant root mass for survival, what happens? What happens if the plant is left to survive on the ruderalis root mass, and most likely a hardy and disease resistant strain? Now lets get crazy kids, we'll grow 30 different strains and graft at the basal meristem and the main stems to just ONE plant, 1 plant is fed by 31 root systems, what happen with this project ??? Now lets get a jury to figure out how many plants Lino has? GET IT ! consult me and then Rob 1st ! Before you determine plant count.
When my techniques are mastered I have witnessed one plant create the most awesome 20' X 20'X 3.5' canopies to date with multiple strains on one stem. I had 30' plants in the backtard w/o this technique and grew a 70' in Colorado's rain forest, yes we got one and I dont share this much especially online but Ive been growing there for over 40 years but they fly it just to hard now so I reveal these sacred spots in my book. Pretty funny but my buddy, a strain name after him, 'Robert Wilks Bud", Co rain forest locals call it "Bert Bud" and Bert taught the DEA chemist going against me and other police marijuana garden spot techniques, some how they never flew our gardens in the last 40 years. But now the fucking military is using some Hoboma technology to spot our plants. STOP PINION CANYON. i helped getting my most of my bro's plants harvested but its nerve racking and I quit. The last year my buddy runs into a corn field just off the rain forest edge. With the binoculars from a tree I spot agents in the field. He doesnt feel his cell ph vibrate. I go in the field to fetch him out of there. I find him with a 7' in had, I whisper loudly, lets get the fuck out of here! this way, the cops are here. moments after I say that an agent walks right in between us in the corn field not spotting either of us. we escape by the skin of our teeth, fuck that, no more.. when we returned and our stash was,,,,, the rest of the story in the book ..
This story demonstrates 2 examples of successful and unsuccessful grafting. Not understanding monocot and dicot in grafting will cause you to have a bad day. to many times I have found marijuana grafted to corn in the field, great idea, i see what your thinking, but it aint happening, wow , maintenance free, you guys are getting just to dam lazy.... the other point is many have a hard time understanding till I show my video of 20-30 ft plants in Denver that finished providing better shade for my home than 20 yo old trees. Now on that note, that was without grafting but I have documented 45 - 57 ft plants in the Co rain forest dwarfing some of the trees with grafting that added 12' average height and 5 - 10% mass (leaf count) to accomplish these sizes in this production environment with one and 2 root mass supporting one and 2 plants.

So WHY TAKE A CLONE,
one good reason is to take 10 - 20 cloned embryo's . Now you have Plants that are clones, Not clones of plants. This is a very big Big difference , huge difference. This difference is so significant you could write a book on it ,,,,,
pause, think,
Well I guess thats what I did, a grow book with a TRUE and amazing story, story like you've never witnessed, with a TRUE story grow book with growing methods and gardening, grow room set ups and disasters, unprecedented growing styles and experiments, GMO, genetics, and the government wanting it experiments returned, and more cops and robbers than a James Bond movie and you'll recognize alot of the names and stories if your from Denver because most of the story happened here in Colo, and its a story that many of you are part of and dont know it, a story that takes you from the Colo rain forest to the Northern Cali rain forest to Amsterdam, you'll venture in to and out of many attorneys offices, I will take you there in mind and soul with my book with more court room drama then Perry Mason and more love affairs than a HS girl on facebook.

have you ever read a book that you're part of the story and the coolest part is the end of the book, but part 2 of this book hasnt happened yet so You'll have to get the UPDATE download to see it as it unfolds before your eyes.... Now tell me that aint a fucking cool concept...

Cloned embryos, this is the way to go guys....

lino

lino

Sorry we've been busy with writters and growing/breeding CorryLino's pride so I'll be back for questions soon.

lino

lino

And for the record a plant in dish is fucking hard to get to the ground. so there is no easy, wrong or write answer. Kinda like what Bud Spleefman said why fuck with something if aint broke. But if like to experiment and put a lot of effort a person can improve some best practices. But for the most part I have to agree with Bud Spleefman comment.

lino

lino

Well, I'd like to learn Tissue Culture, Lino. That is the skill I think would most help me become a better grower. How come I haven't seen more (or any, for that matter) people doing Tissue Culture on Cannabis Plants? Is it harder than it looks? It looks pretty easy.......
I wouldnt recommend it except for the serious breeder as it takes autoclaves and other bullshit to be effective and should be performed in pristine labs but i have done them at home along with mycology from home but my main reason is stash my work. I have dishes in many places so our work/plants are stored in undetectable tiny closets. Cloned embryo are the way to breed , think about it, you start of with 20 identical plants , breed the identical plants not clones of plants with each other in a dish or embryo fertilization but either way now you have a bunch of identical plants growing. Now take 1000's of clones from these identical plants and seed them with one male. All the F1 , if done properly are identical and very vigorous. next time you drive by corn field observe the makers ID along the rows. Especially down by La junta and Lamar Co. these tags are ID documents of this very exact same practice used to develop our agriculture by kids from CSU. Without these superior breeding techs and GMO's the world would starve and human would only exist around fertile soils. You have most likely not smoked GMO bud YET but it is bad ass ... The finest oil , hash any concentrate doesnt make a pimple on the ass of a GMO plant,, it like nothing my group has ever experienced since 1989 and it took years for us to figure out why I couldnt get at the genes but I did figure out why I cant get them... And now I THINK I've figured out how to get them back in a plant but I need my lab back. This is why you'd grow in a dish, genes can be crossed w/o males that twist the mind for a moment huh? twist my head for moment... I have to beat them to the punch, but I'll need a lab so I am befriending some professors as we type....

lino

lino

USDA, plant and ag hangs out in the Arkansas valley,,... Arkansas valley feed and seed. this is where the agriculture magic happens.... Kinda funny, no one specified that the USDA GMO experiments was next to where the listeria cantaloupe outbreak happened. Correlation?.. I dont think so but no one said it either.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I've heard about what you are talking about caveman but think an easier way might be to do a flip flop so one side is flowering and the veg side has 24 hours of constant fluorescent light and 12 hours of hps light. I haven't tried it yet but a good friend is saying he loves it and runs a large grow so I give him some credibility when he says he likes it. Lino I checked out your site as well looks to have some good info and interested to see what you have to share about tissue culture.

Wow you know somethings you have to just keep secret for the sake of mastering first before revealing it as help and your getting warm to something else im trying and if it works towards my goal of getting more with less then ill share it... basically trying to not replicate but attempt to mimmick the night cycle etc...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

inside i understand that we dont understand what is going on during the lights off stage but outside the moon cycle is doing something really nice....that might be a thread in itself but i think it fits well here...
so for this gas lantern schedule i plan to gamble very much because its my only veg. space but ive been having problems of all sorts in this space so i chose this time to experiment. I have deficiencies and toxicities and its just nuts do to too many different phenos in the same environment fed the same compost teas... my hypothesis is that all my issues problems etc. will diminish in about a week.
I think this will be accomplished by the extra resting time with the gas lantern light schedule plus a hormonal balancing during that extra lights off period. wish me luck. I hope its worth the risk vs reward.

lino

lino

Wow you know somethings you have to just keep secret for the sake of mastering first before revealing it as help and your getting warm to something else im trying and if it works towards my goal of getting more with less then ill share it... basically trying to not replicate but attempt to mimmick the night cycle etc...
Caveman, I'll answer it all your thoughts right here,
To start with I've been going thru my post and I want to say I hate coming off as some expert, mad scientist, know it all... Yesterday a student gardener and now grower/farmer/beginner horticulturist gave me a ass chewing that was long over due. I've found the love for your plants is more important than knowledge. As you know I'm now NOTGUILTaLINO, so while firing attorneys before trials I was in limbo for years not growing much. Student gardeners continued our work. A student on a dime and pray raised 6 nice deep green "PunkaLino's Pride" (this enabled a quicker step toward "CorryLino's Pride") under fluorescent t-5. they were 3-4 wks in to flower. She gave these to me shortly after I won my trial. I hate commenting after I do shit like this: With all my great wisdom I think to myself, the ultimate free light source the autumn sun, I'll harden off our plants with a few minutes of sun here and there. She came over and saw her babies in the sun and almost started crying.. Then I got yelled at. I deserved it.. What was I thinking?.. They look deep grn this morning but she was correct, they were way to far in to flowering to be attempting my hair brain ideas. On that note this lesson from a student has me re-evaluating my view on artificial light plants to sun at all, in any stage of plant growth. Radiation burn, who wants dead radiated cell to smoke. Yea new cell growth will continue but the radiated dead cells would remain. With that said I'm still not given up my share of the "Pride".
moon cycle;
I need to calm down on the big words, but to put this simply, you are very correct in hormones and nite cycles. photosynth send sugars/glucose to roots , understanding xylem & phloem , (Day), nite hormone cause cell elongation though out the plant and parts like the apical meristems on the roots can kick ass if the Auxins to name one of my favoites, are correct at nite and , dam it, how do I word this w/o complex words, the infants plants have the baby tap root will go crazy with these hormones. This is pure observation and tell me if you have different results as this might be strain related but it seems like seedling bust the soil surface in the evening and especially at nite as compared to day lite hrs...? It seems like I come in to look at seed tray in the AM and seem like more seedlings are erect in AM .

gas lantern light schedule plus a hormonal
my 2 cents is about worth that on this . My father showed me some different things on this as youngster but you'd be better served googleing this then my input. I;m feeling like a idiot right now after putting my most precious gems in the sun....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

dont be so hard on yourself Lino and thats as hypercritical as it gets because im the most critical of myself, with that being said their are strengths and weaknesses to everything. we can brainstorm on both and every scenario but when it comes down to it as long as its not detrimental to the plant its usually in the low stress category which usually triggers some nice oils. As far as the moon is concerned it can benefit plant even with a box inbetween it and the plant. For example my best results for rooting clones comes from three things one ill leave out for curiousity but the other two are cutting during a full moon and never cutting from a droubt stressed plant and thats my hippie side talking.

Dorje

Dorje

Why fuck with what works.
Veg 24 on, or if you want slower growth, or saving electricity, 18 on 6 off
Flower 12 on, 12 off
Period. End. of. Story.

Bud, I read some research on optimal light cycle for veg, it isn't 24 on, it's 19 on and 5 off.

As for flowering on 11/13, I think this will work better with flowers that are sold by the piece instead of by weight. It will reduce your yields while reducing your flowering times. I often go to 11/13 or even 10/14 during the last 7-10 days of flowering to help them finish up.

Equatorial varieties that are accustomed to 12/12 as a normal and unchanging cycle may be forced to flower more quickly by increasing the dark period more than 12 hours...

lino

lino

Bud, I read some research on optimal light cycle for veg, it isn't 24 on, it's 19 on and 5 off.

As for flowering on 11/13, I think this will work better with flowers that are sold by the piece instead of by weight. It will reduce your yields while reducing your flowering times. I often go to 11/13 or even 10/14 during the last 7-10 days of flowering to help them finish up.

Equatorial varieties that are accustomed to 12/12 as a normal and unchanging cycle may be forced to flower more quickly by increasing the dark period more than 12 hours...
I agree with gamete of your comment and to add to it also. I've found that exposing most strain to the entire light cycle has a positive effect on all plant hormones, In other word I've increased hours of darkness slowly with mild size effects but these mild effects can be noticed in crops of 500 or more plants with a 3% average change in most strains, this can be huge in the way of profits.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I agree with gamete of your comment and to add to it also. I've found that exposing most strain to the entire light cycle has a positive effect on all plant hormones, In other word I've increased hours of darkness slowly with mild size effects but these mild effects can be noticed in crops of 500 or more plants with a 3% average change in most strains, this can be huge in the way of profits.

I was shooting for that reduced lighting after the gas lantern schedule for veg but i did something wrong on transition somewhere cuz im on day 26 and flowers are barely bulking up or starting to stack but nothing like the pro indoor guys here at the farm...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

well heres the pic of gas lantern light schedule......as you can see one hour of interrupting the dark period in the middle that is.

Photo 69
Top Bottom