The Gas Lantern Techinique!!!

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Photo 70

heres what i have to chose from to find what will prosper with the GAS LANTERN LIGHT SCHEDULE...

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Man, dancing at shows it so much easier without a beer in my hand :)
I'm sure Youtube doesn't do the bass justice.

It's like when I see vids of Global Dubfest '12. Just doesn't quite convey the frequencies.

420Gator

420Gator

I was shooting for that reduced lighting after the gas lantern schedule for veg but i did something wrong on transition somewhere cuz im on day 26 and flowers are barely bulking up or starting to stack but nothing like the pro indoor guys here at the farm...

heres my theory, that I have no evidence to back up but fwiw plants under 24/0 veg are seeing darkness for the first time ever and start flowering right away. your plants have been subjected to lots of dark cycles of various lengths of time so being in flower isnt nearly as big of a shock

theres a good chance Im way off on my thinking but it makes sense to me right now while Im smoking this bowl

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

UUmmm don't know about the gas lantern technique... But if you change the photo period all of usudden it causes the plant stress, when the plant is healthy and it becomes stressed it produces more hormones. Take it easy

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

stress isnt always bad and many believe in LST so as long as its controlled im down to experiment hence the gas lantern schedule which doesnt change in veg. and the dimineshing light schedule is my choice i was going to explain that when the time came but why not now...so the flowering cycle consist of removing that one hour interuption thats in the middle of the dark period.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

and halfway through flowering im reducing a half hour a week leaving me with 10 on 14 off by the time im done.....and right before flower they will have atleast 24 darkness

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

IMG 06291
IMG 06301
IMG 06341

The only difference ive seen to a reg light schedule is the bottom of the stem if you can tell is much thinner than the new growth, although it is indeed getting thicker quick but everything definitely seems as good if not better!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Thanx Dope and which part is wierd cuz i know i explain things weird so i might be making it out to be weirder than it really is??

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

The stems issue, but.
Nevermind, just looked at some of my beanstalks and they are thinner at first than the above portion too, on regular light. Must just be so excited to get out, they just get ahead of themselves.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Dope you got any tricks up your sleeve to influence shorter internode spacing for og's....

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

paclos (bushmaster, ect) are the only thing I know of. But messed a crop up personally with the shit before, is a danger. Temp control is the only other thing, not OG never had, but worked for the other bitches.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ya ive heard of that bushmaster, Bud ignitor is supposed to do that too and ive heard of other ones too...i think i might just stick to tieing down or femming cuz i dont know about the hormones they use in those bottles to manipulate the plant. Do you think supercropping is beneficial if so when do you stop?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I am actually looking for someone qualified to enlighten me also...this is the limited amount that i know.
veg. 12 on 51/2off 1on 51/2 off =24hrs
Flower 11 on 13 off

id like to here experienced experimenters and those with an opinion...

I gotta do some research before jumping into this one, what got me interested is a Botany nerd friend mentioned it but i didnt want to reveal my interest. He claims this fills the plant with flowering hormones and that hour inturruption in the veg. keeps the plant from sexing. The flowering time removes that hour of interuption allowing the plant to sex and flourish with an overload of natural flowering hormones.

My main concern is how males grow in this environment i dont need no superfast growing male pollinating everything over night>?
That's all it is, interrupting the photoperiod? I assumed you meant actually growing with a gas lantern, assuming you were after phytochrome manipulation.

I use an interrupted photoperiod for two reasons--to get plants ready for going outside so that they don't flip into flower, and to save money on electricity. I've never interrupted the dark phase of the photoperiod for indoor flowering plants because that would cause them to go back into vegetative phase.

For vegging, I use two 2hr dark phase interruptions, with the daylight portion set to the day I plan on putting them out, usually in May. I use this calculator to figure my daylight: Daylight Hours Explorer

Vegetative phase plants are put on a 13hr 'day', with two major interruptions during their 'night' of 2hrs apiece. Make sense? This isn't my longest day, that's around 14.2hrs at my latitude, it's the day *I* want to put them out.

IME, going from 24/0 to 18/6 can cause plants to flip into flower. IME changing the photoperiod by just 1hr without interrupting the dark phase of the photoperiod can cause them to go into regenerative (flowering) phase.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Phytochrome manipulation sounds interesting...
Nice!
Well maybe a real gas lantern will do something i just read about this a few years ago in Treating Yourself mag.
Thanx for dropping in seamaiden and i appreciate the info...so its sounds like you start your seeds in the south window and use two hour interruption to prevent flowering before putting them out in may that sounds nice my last freeze is in the middle sometime late june its tough....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That's all it is, interrupting the photoperiod? I assumed you meant actually growing with a gas lantern, assuming you were after phytochrome manipulation.

I use an interrupted photoperiod for two reasons--to get plants ready for going outside so that they don't flip into flower, and to save money on electricity. I've never interrupted the dark phase of the photoperiod for indoor flowering plants because that would cause them to go back into vegetative phase.

For vegging, I use two 2hr dark phase interruptions, with the daylight portion set to the day I plan on putting them out, usually in May. I use this calculator to figure my daylight: Daylight Hours Explorer

Vegetative phase plants are put on a 13hr 'day', with two major interruptions during their 'night' of 2hrs apiece. Make sense? This isn't my longest day, that's around 14.2hrs at my latitude, it's the day *I* want to put them out.

IME, going from 24/0 to 18/6 can cause plants to flip into flower. IME changing the photoperiod by just 1hr without interrupting the dark phase of the photoperiod can cause them to go into regenerative (flowering) phase.
I wish you could come over and set up my timers for me Sea.;)
I cant figure those things out:confused: Its like programming a VCR (never could do that)
But im gonna get outside soon and interrupt those each nite and see how it goes :rolleyes:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ken, my favorite timers are the cheap tab timers you get from Wally World. They can be set up to 15min increments, the little tabs that you pull up or push down, you know what I'm talking about? They're not digital, they're purely analog and physical at that. Those things work GREAT.
Nice!
Well maybe a real gas lantern will do something i just read about this a few years ago in Treating Yourself mag.
Thanx for dropping in seamaiden and i appreciate the info...so its sounds like you start your seeds in the south window and use two hour interruption to prevent flowering before putting them out in may that sounds nice my last freeze is in the middle sometime late june its tough....
No, I start them outside. I want the survivors, not the weaklings.

ALL of these seedlings survived, and I got a pretty damn good F:M ratio, strain depending.

P5150250
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Nice!

Hey.o_O Gas Lanterns to interrupt the photothingy? o_O
That might work in a greenhouse;)

Top Bottom