The GR33N ROOM: 1

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

After months of taking from this forum it's time to give back. As my rooms finish and are re-planted I will be making a thread for each. I have (4) 6Kw rooms.

Here is the first room to be introduced to the Farm, Room 1:
  • 6000w Brand New Genesis bulbs
  • 2 ton Mini Split A/C
  • Co2
  • (2) 4'x8'x1' beds of Peat (Mega Roots) with drains on casters
  • (80) Blackberry Kush clones
  • Nutrients will be: Jacks (3-2-1), Sea Green, OGBioWar, and a couple misc. items I will post when used.
I planted this room on 10/3/13; dipped each clone in neem oil and watered with a potent batch of OGBioWar tea. Sense then I have maintained 82°F at the canopy with RH around 45-55%. I fired up the CO2 after 1 week and set it at 800ppm and gave the ladies their first feed of Jack's at 2-1-.5 with some Super Thrive. At the start of week 2 I cut back 'lights on' period by 3 hours, lowered the lights to 30"s above canopy, raised CO2 to 900ppms and fed them Jack's again at 2-1-.5 and added a bit of B-1. Here are the pictures I took yesterday (10-17-13) wrapping up 2 weeks of Veg, few shots of the room as well.
The gr33n room 1
The gr33n room 1 2
The gr33n room 1 3
The gr33n room 1 4
The gr33n room 1 5
The gr33n room 1 6
The gr33n room 1 7
The gr33n room 1 8
The gr33n room 1 9

The gr33n room 1 11

The gr33n room 1 10

Week 3 Veg: As you can see I do have these lights vented but am not running the fan, the 2 ton handles the room just fine after the addition of a couple fans and plenty of experimenting with there placement. I removed the glass from 1 reflector yesterday and only noticed a 1-1.5°F increase at the canopy, so I will be removing all the glass for this round. I bumped the CO2 up to 1000ppm and gave them plain water (pH 5.7), which is well water ran through a carbon filter. I do get natural silica coming through the filter which has never given me any issues. I believe this Silica is the reason I have never had problems with PM or Rot.

In a couple days they will be given a minor thinning and the trellis will be put up.

Stay tuned....

GL

Camdawg

Camdawg

Sick setup dude clean. I noticed the green party bulbs do you trust those things?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

10/20/13: Watered each table today with 25 gallons of pH'd water followed by 25 gallons of nutrient rich water (ppm 900). Noticed today that because my AC is offset from the center of the room the far table (right side) is staying 1-2F warmer at the canopy. The plants are 2-3" taller. Everything is still nice and green. Cut the PVC today for the trellis; table 1, which is warmer will be set at 24" (they are currently 14") and table 2 will be set at 22" (they are currently 10"-12"). I'm planning on declining their 'lights on' period tomorrow and going to start thinning Tuesday.

GL

Puscifer

Puscifer

What are the dimensions of the room? And why no cover on the air handler?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What do you mean air handler? The fan? Or the thing behind the co2 gen?

Oh shit, I was assuming the Mini Split A/C...
I also remove the covers on my fans, seems to make them a little quieter and operate smoother. Just a habit I've done sense I started, building super quiet rooms. They arn't strong enough to cause damage if hit, just a little wake up call..

Camdawg

Camdawg

Okay cool I thought he meant the fan at first and all I could think was I rip that shroud shit off asap just gets dirty and makes the fan impossible to clean. Any new updates?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Okay cool I thought he meant the fan at first and all I could think was I rip that shroud shit off asap just gets dirty and makes the fan impossible to clean. Any new updates?

Heading to that room tomorrow, I'll have new pics. Planning on setting up the trellis and dropping 'lights on' by 3-4 hours.

Puscifer

Puscifer

Thanks for the reply GR33NL3AF. Yeah, i meant the mini split unit up on the wall. I thought maybe you left the cover off it to increase it's cooling efficiency or something.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Very much interested in how you manage the schedule for your four rooms- are they independent, or do you run them in an integrated way?

They're currently in 2 locations (3 rooms and a veg station at one, 1 at another). The location that has 1 room is generally off schedule with the other 3, because it is closer to home and I can tend to it easily. My other spot is 1hr away so I only go every other day. This is the reason I chose soil over hydro.

At the moment my rooms are not equally spaced on harvest time, this is do in part by running 3 different strains and recently going through a shortage of clones thus ruining my entire veg routine. I do however have my veg station several months ahead now and my girls will be ready to flower 3-5 days after being planted into the 6Kw rooms.

My future plans are this...
Assuming next round I enjoy growing in 5-7 gallon pots rather than beds and also if I can get the well water's pH swing under control for an irrigation drip system (You've seen it HERE), I will be converting a couple of these rooms to 9Kw.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I built my setup's entire schedule around a 16 day cycle time; each of 4 veg stages and each of 4 bloom stages, all running nose to tail and moving from one spot to another for veg, and one stage of growth to another one each batch reaches its boom room.

I've found that few people take the staging of their veg very seriously- at least until it costs them time in a bloom room! Also, I developed my veg with the imperative that every plant that leaves the veg for a bloom room is rest to bloom, no waiting. Much tougher with beds, I understand, but that's one more reason why I went with RDWC.

Adhering to such a schedule is a pain in the ass sometimes, especially when managing strains with substantially different flowering times. I used to just leave a room dark for a few days to a week to keep it in sync with rooms running the full duration, but the other day I had an idea; for a short cycle plant, say, Dairy Queen, run it in a veg cycle in the bloom room for a few days, then flower as normal. Then, it's ready at the right time- and they act just like they had a stretch phase, even though many of these short flower cycle varieties really don't stretch once in bloom.

The upside? I built a schedule which allows me to have only one big day of chores out of every four; the other three are just monitoring and checking days.

20131019 001021

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

really nice looking grow you have. your schedule seems very busy which is always a good thing. hope we get to see some of your other rooms as well!

neverbreak

neverbreak

that's a rad setup bro. looks like it should go off! those boxes on wheels, or just raised?

neverbreak

G

gooey

Plants look nice and branchy for their size. WEll done. Do you notice a big increase in production running 3k per tray vs 2k? What strain ya got in there? thanks for sharing

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I built my setup's entire schedule around a 16 day cycle time; each of 4 veg stages and each of 4 bloom stages, all running nose to tail and moving from one spot to another for veg, and one stage of growth to another one each batch reaches its boom room.

I've found that few people take the staging of their veg very seriously- at least until it costs them time in a bloom room! Also, I developed my veg with the imperative that every plant that leaves the veg for a bloom room is rest to bloom, no waiting. Much tougher with beds, I understand, but that's one more reason why I went with RDWC.

Adhering to such a schedule is a pain in the ass sometimes, especially when managing strains with substantially different flowering times. I used to just leave a room dark for a few days to a week to keep it in sync with rooms running the full duration, but the other day I had an idea; for a short cycle plant, say, Dairy Queen, run it in a veg cycle in the bloom room for a few days, then flower as normal. Then, it's ready at the right time- and they act just like they had a stretch phase, even though many of these short flower cycle varieties really don't stretch once in bloom.

The upside? I built a schedule which allows me to have only one big day of chores out of every four; the other three are just monitoring and checking days.

View attachment 347076

So badass tty! About 8 months ago I LOADED up on White Boards and calenders. I also have a notepad for each room and I record EVERYTHING, down to wall fan alterations, on them. Soon I will be going to my other spot (3 rooms) everyday, this will allow me to get things were you're at. I am the type of person who would rather run smaller rooms then one massive, I learned this early on when I did hydro and rot was an issue. I want to turn my 3rd room into a solid veg station and add 3000w to the other 2 and a corresponding 3000w tent for them in the 'living room' area of this unit. This will give me a 12Kw harvest each month and allow me to dial in my harvest times to perfection.

really nice looking grow you have. your schedule seems very busy which is always a good thing. hope we get to see some of your other rooms as well!
that's a rad setup bro. looks like it should go off! those boxes on wheels, or just raised?

neverbreak

Thanks for stopping by guys!! These rooms have come a LONG way, CAP ebb n gro, ebb n flow with soil, ebb n flow with cubes, and I have built 3 different beds now, this one being the sturdiest, deepest (12"), and most mobile. This design I upgraded my casters, each has a 250lb load capacity and I used heavy duty lag bolts to attach the legs, no more swaying when the 238 gallons of peat is wet. Haha

The next room at this location will be in simple 5 gallon fabric pots. I want to build an irrigation system to simplify waterings but I don't trust a drip system in beds, they retain too much moisture and if I have to flush, forget about it...

Plants look nice and branchy for their size. WEll done. Do you notice a big increase in production running 3k per tray vs 2k? What strain ya got in there? thanks for sharing

Hey Gooey, these are BlackBerry Kush and I have always ran 3Kw over a 4x8 area, never thought of running less... So far the best I have seen from this BBK is 1.5 per light, my Sour however did 2.5 per light in a massive SOG. The plants are extremely branchy already which leads me into my update for the day...

10/22/13: Today was extremely hectic in all rooms but this is what was done in this room.
  • I gave all the ladies a minor thinning, just pulled leafs that were dragging in the soil and a few small limbs that would never reach the trellis in time.
  • After thinning, I setup the trellis. A 4'x8' PVC frame with simple green metal fencing to hold the ladies in place. Because one side of the room is 2-3F warmer the ladies are now 3-4"s taller on my first table. Trellis' were cut to equal a height of 26"s and 22"s (See pictures).
  • I dropped A/C temp from 84F AUTO to 80F COOL, hoping this will slow the stretch a bit. After letting the room adjust the canopy temp read an average of 78F.
  • Plants on taller table are about 21"s tall and 24"s from bulbs, plants on smaller table are about 18"s tall and 28"s from bulbs. Lights have been in the same place for over a week now.
  • I cut back 'lights on' time to a 16/8 schedule and will be decreasing with each visit until 12/12 is achieved.
  • The plant's did not need any water today and I have not see any ill effects from the 900ppms I gave them Sunday (10/20)
  • Lastly I started brewing a tea today, 4 gallons worth. All I used was EWC, Molasses, Nute and Root pack. I like to give my ladies tea when I start thinning and transitioning.
001 1
002 1
003 1
004 1

G

gooey

Right on man. Thanks for the speedy reply. You are very detail oriented and it seems to be paying off nicely. Good call on the increase in dedicated veg space, always a good investment. Im looking forward to watching this progress. Is the peat mix your using comparable to pro-mix? Thanks for sharing, gl on this run

Top Bottom