The Great Amendment 64 Debate

• Thread starter SoCoMMJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

sooooo. ultimately in life....

A. my red card stays valid and everything carries on as normal
B. this can fuck up the whole red card scenario, suddenly im in danger of a ridiculously overpriced 30$ ticket
C. I just use my ID to get it, OR NOT. street herb is EVERYWHERE. fuck the law (ultimately).

that bill could say anything and it wont change much. it raises too much money in the state AND for the state, of course they need to keep the "well you can do it but we dont like it attitude" cause non smokers vote too. same shit with gay marriage. plus dispensaries need to get those nugs to places like nebraska and kansas somehow right?

the only thing that may change are people in the industry and business, but to be honest tough, im still recovering from the market fall of 08, so the fact that youve had such thriving business in todays world will make any industry envious, but doesnt put you above the fall of the economy, or the chance of it anyhoo.

sunday rant. LOL

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Pardon the pun, but this one should stir the pot a bit.

Personally I'm on the fence regarding Amendment 64. It seems to allow anybody over 21 to grow 6 plants, keep all the meds they grow on site, and possess an ounce out of the house. I consider those points to be very good, and a step in the right direction regarding legalization.

What are the issues that are driving some people against this initiative?

I think the single biggest issue with this initiative is the federal attention that this would attract. There would be to many problems especially with weed leaving CO in every direction for the feds to sit idle.

outwest

sky high

sky high

It's always a few bad apples that will "blow up the scene" and fuck it up for everyone else.

As my Grandma woulda said, "if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is"

1284, anyone? Now WHO fucked it up for all? Anyone else think it's the "bad apples"? SoCOMMJ is referring to....or >something/someone else<?? ;)

S

SoCoMMJ

As my Grandma woulda said, "if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is"

1284, anyone? Now WHO fucked it up for all? Anyone else think it's the "bad apples"? SoCOMMJ is referring to....or >something/someone else<?? ;)

Like I said,I did not endorse 1248. I was more than happy before it existed. I just dealt with it instead of bitching about it for years.

And in the end, please define how it's fucked up for all.
Patients can still HAVE A CHOICE to have private caregivers.
Patients can still HAVE A CHOICE to grow their own.
Patients can still HAVE A CHOICE to purchase from a dispensary.
Oh, and the price to patients has been cut more than in half...

Or is it not about the patients ?

S

SoCoMMJ

Not sure I give f^&k anymore, lol.
Right there with you

In the long run, the war on drugs needs to end... people need to stop going to prison and getting criminal records that f^&k up their entire lives.
Soooo... will this new "legalization" measure help or hurt that cause?

Ultimately that is the question.
Will it keep people out of jail...that is the goal? At the consumer level, I say yes it will.
Does it create additional taxes? yes
Does it install and regulate a commercial aspect? yes.
Does it allow basement growers to sell their bud? no.
Will it kill off the current med Dispensaries, Dr fees, and state registration fees? Probably
Will it screw things up more than they already are? Probably. Anytime you allow government in to manage something, it becomes retarded.

But I think the heaviest weight goes to question #1. Does it keep people out of jail?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Legalize it! I say it a step towards federal legalization in thats what I want........A chucker like me will love life when everyone in there momma everywhere all the sudden needs some good seed to grow.......maybe not n I'll be shut down by monsanto but I doubt before I get Very comfortable....and me n most the other scene of older chuckers i talk to all agree it'll be a while before any coorporate outfit can mass produce quality seed if what we see in the seedy business today shows us anything.........I say I'm with you bro I'm on the fence....Most people I know workin MMC are blue collar homies crankin out the scratch just like we all do somehow....hustle is hustle....I hate to see anyone in Co business go to hell either especially after all your dumb hoop jumpin.......no thanks....I aint got the balls or heart to open a MMC...I'm one the few got no problems with MMCs really and I think the green rush only helped the undergrounds cash flow by increasing demand a hundred plus fold.....I waited for average price of the killer to float around 2500 since it was that in BC in the MIDNINETIES people duh!

....If you dont know a few dozen soccer moms that get high all day in CO you dont know much! LOL TRIPS ME OUT TOO HOW MANY OLDER RETIREMENT AGE WOMEN ARE JUST GETTING BAKED NOW THAT THEY CAN LEGALLY! he he he its super cute to me n tickles me to giggles but I cant help but notice it over n over....funny thing is them Grandmas got mad green thumb skills too....I've given a lot of them cuts n they blew me out the water there first grow just with that old school female mother goddess vibes from years of flower beds n such........I love Colorado....peace

Hook me up- I like older women who like to smoke!

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

That's well understood.
[I guess this is an option too ] go to jail
They are going to do something to somebody, but my vote is Cali is going to be the front line. Their law will prohibit state law enforcement from working with the Feds on MJ, punishable by decent sentences. Which means the Feds will be shipping in the National Guard. Martial Law on weed.

Yeah, the only difference from what I can see is the difference in prices. Retail has a large surtax added in at the wholesale level where Medical does not.
The question is if the cost of doctors rec and state fee will be less in a year than the surtax.
I don't remember what it was, the surtax. $50/oz? Probably easily made up when they scale up. Did you see the 200,000+sq/ft warehouse designs for the Oakland four when they were going to licsence them few years back?

sky high

sky high

Like I said,I did not endorse 1248. I was more than happy before it existed. I just dealt with it instead of bitching about it for years.

And in the end, please define how it's fucked up for all.
Patients can still HAVE A CHOICE to have private caregivers.
Patients can still HAVE A CHOICE to grow their own.
Patients can still HAVE A CHOICE to purchase from a dispensary.
Oh, and the price to patients has been cut more than in half...

Or is it not about the patients ?

The price has been cut in half.....and the reports are very very common that the quality is also down. About the patients, huh?

It seems it may not be >all< about the patients if you speak towards the price and say nothing about the quality of the meds dropping on the whole at the same time. The price certainly hasn't dropped out of the generosity of the dispensary folks, it dropped because the State licensed them and allowed them to grow unregulated/unchecked....at least not to the level represented in 1284..... and that caused a huge glut in supply and the price to drop. (there are only 12 MMED officers now when the program was created to run with 40... thus..all the weed going out yer backdoors and onto the open market.)

but yer in biz.... and in bed with the State...and are a part of that huge wheel...so I'm preaching to the choir.

A better question to me is "Who here trusts the State?"

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Being I can't vote on the issue and regardless of my opinion about the law.
I think Colorado is the best and only state where it could have a chance right now.
It will definitely be a good chance to gage Colorado's feelings toward marijuana after a years of MMJ.

sky high

sky high

Respect, MX. Tell those old fuckers I said "high"....LOL

Bro.....I'm just tired of hearing from the same person time and time again that nothing has changed when most of us who have been around awhile know that just isn't true.

From the unlimited CG numbers in anonymous/private locations we all enjoyed, to forced registration of the location of any CG grow over 5 patients....

from unregulated sales between patients who agree what is fair to being limited to sales only to your own patients (who have always gotten free meds via the sale of meds to the new breed of "patient" who just have a card so they can get high)....

to having to hire an attorney to protect personal rights that were threatened because the politicians think 1284 (that was set up to try to control those who cannot control themselves) gave them carte blanche' over ALL patients...... when for YEARS our rights were set-in-stone and believed to be untouchable without a VOTE of the people....

fuck..do i need to go on? No change >>>my ass<<< Fuckin idiots. Greedy fuckin' idiots. They don't want to see the changes, mainly because they effected the changes and are now, not bound BY those changes.

Convienient, huh?

Thankfully, change is the constant here...and change will again come.

be well bro

s h

putembk

putembk

A lot of good points here, now don't know which way to go on this. I like the idea of state legalization but think sky is right the greed would bring the feds down on Colorado.

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

How about just like the old frontier farmers? Everyone grow any plants they want. at least thats how mother nature intented it, no?

sky high

sky high

So after your experience, dorje...what are your thoughts at this point? (no prob if ya don't wanna say...but thought I'd ask anyway)

s h

Dorje

Dorje

Mixed feelings...

If it helps keeps people out of jail I'm all for it, and eventually it needs to be fully legal and not just decriminalized.

Also, the medical thing has become a farce, anyone can get a red card. It's better than nothing but it isn't great.

I don't like seeing the commercialization of mj and all the d-bag profiteers it has brought to CO, but it is a side effect of our freedom, if people want to grow and sell mj I don't see an issue with it, I just wish things were implemented much differently. Vertical integration was a huge mistake IMO, grows and retail sales should have been separated as it causes a conflict of interest, and caregivers should be able to sell to dispensaries and really anyone they want to...

So I don't know... it's hard to tell exactly how it's going to play out. One thing for sure though, it's going to pass and things are going to change.

K

kolah

George Soros will decide it. If you never heard of him, you should explore further. Or don't.

and remember your votes don't really count.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I'm on the fence... this feel like controlled opposition to me, like they are giving us fish instead of allowing us to go fishing... but I really can't say either way- will we be legally allowed to get high only by forsaking growers rights? This law maintaining a hemp ban speaks volumes to me... If hemp was banned under the guise of the evil anti-social effects of marijuana, then how is hemp still remaining illegal?

These are some interesting points brought up by a lady called Kathleen Chippi:

"1. A64 does not repeal the majority of jail-able offenses (felonies) from the state Controlled Substances Act and leaves marijuana in the definitions, which leaves all cannabis using citizens open to lose: employment, child custody, fire arms, occupational licenses (of which DORA says 75% of worker
s in Colorado have) gov. aid, housing, education, unemployment etc. To suggest that all adult use and cultivation of marijuana is no longer criminalized is misleading and will result in increased arrests.

2. Beinor-V-ICAO, the People-v-Watkins and the Blue Sky ruling seriously compromises the intentions of the A64 language.

3. Provides no relief for the most ticketed and arrested adults age 18 - 20. (especially those from disadvantages communities)

4. No proper deterrent to federal intervention while the excise tax invites federal intervention. The soonest sales will be authorized would be 2014, if at all.

5. A64 is designed to shut down MMJ. (fiscal impact white paper predicts an 79% decline in registered MMJ patients)

6. Bans will bolster the black market, as most of state has already banned MMJ (over 95 bans statewide) .

7. Amendment 64 sets a dangerous legal precedent of applying taxes to agricultural seed. (viable marijuana
seed is defined as marijuana in Amendment 64). Per 39-26-716(4)(b) all sales and purchases of seeds
are exempt from sales taxes in Colorado. Amendment 64 taxes marijuana seed and specifically creates
an excise tax on viable marijuana seed and this precedent could be incredibly harmful to all Colorado farmers who use seed and produce agriculture.

8. Allows the DA to ban hemp.

9. Enshrines "driving while under the influence" (any amount over zero) and "driving while impaired" into our constitution, permanently, which would prevent most mmj patients and non patients who consume cannabis from legally driving."

Perhaps this is just the first step, and we should welcome it... I hope that's the case but it feels like this move is meant to placate rather than liberate.

Top Bottom