The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

As fucking.delicious as dog bud sounds I know a ton of people bought it and to think that only one sack had 13 beans......idk.....either their were no beans or more sacks with more beans so basically we are assuming only one person worked those bagseed bUT

What I'm ready for is the breeder or breeders of Dog Bud to step out of the wood work ;^} Im patient so take your time you bad ass you

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Funkadelic was accidentally holding the kush and peanut (p-nut) (holder of the funk) already spread it all around gods creation so donate now to them. They never got paid for any of their funk.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
There are facts and factoids, and also fun facts. Pbud was not the only buyer of the dog bud. This cut was also eventually passed to the rainbow family members that maintain Pat Sajacks hairpiece. It is regarded as a tall foxtail but when Pbud was in his family's vw bus somehow he got lost in the crowd of ppl in line to buy the dog. The dog was instantly named "Og kush" when Pbud got lost in another line and he forgot his own name!!!! He was accidentally in line for nitrous and he was so high on dog bud when he received his balloon he asked "where the herb" was? He was so high on dog he tried to buy the bud from HIMSELF. If u were on that tour u will not doubt this story. I was extremely high at this same time and was smoking in the pbudm vw and when he got back to the bus there was no wheels on it because jerry and rainbow elders had by this time realized this was the only kush bud on tour that was worth hiring rainbow pickpockets. These pickpockets replaced the elbow of dog bud on the bus with regular HinduKush and it looked close enough. At this point Pbud, wonkabe, loompa, and myself were sourcing spare parts for the bus. At this point I was gifted headband and death bud cuttings. After that point I accidentally lost the cuttings on shakedown street I am not sure what happened but mostly traded it for some SUPER kind falafel and all my dog seeds had been traded for miracle tickets for my friends.

It was at a later date Pbud, SkunkVa, and RFK verified the cut with family who maintain Pat Sajacks hairpiece and gank vw engines for sideshow income. DURING THIS TIME SKUNKVA ALSO TOURED WITH PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC.. And somehow p-nut also received pick pocketed beans from a RFK show and p-nut crossed it with a Kush found on somebody passed out at 9:30 club who was pocketed by a girl on side streets selling Newports.
I know for a fact thats not how it happen. pbud strikes me as a volvo guy.

Natural

Natural

I know for a fact thats not how it happen. pbud strikes me as a volvo guy.
lmao..what?
Is that a good thing? hahaha
There are facts and factoids, and also fun facts. Pbud was not the only buyer of the dog bud. This cut was also eventually passed to the rainbow family members that maintain Pat Sajacks hairpiece. It is regarded as a tall foxtail but when Pbud was in his family's vw bus somehow he got lost in the crowd of ppl in line to buy the dog. The dog was instantly named "Og kush" when Pbud got lost in another line and he forgot his own name!!!! He was accidentally in line for nitrous and he was so high on dog bud when he received his balloon he asked "where the herb" was? He was so high on dog he tried to buy the bud from HIMSELF. If u were on that tour u will not doubt this story. I was extremely high at this same time and was smoking in the pbudm vw and when he got back to the bus there was no wheels on it because jerry and rainbow elders had by this time realized this was the only kush bud on tour that was worth hiring rainbow pickpockets. These pickpockets replaced the elbow of dog bud on the bus with regular HinduKush and it looked close enough. At this point Pbud, wonkabe, loompa, and myself were sourcing spare parts for the bus. At this point I was gifted headband and death bud cuttings. After that point I accidentally lost the cuttings on shakedown street I am not sure what happened but mostly traded it for some SUPER kind falafel and all my dog seeds had been traded for miracle tickets for my friends.

It was at a later date Pbud, SkunkVa, and RFK verified the cut with family who maintain Pat Sajacks hairpiece and gank vw engines for sideshow income. DURING THIS TIME SKUNKVA ALSO TOURED WITH PARLIAMENT FUNKADELIC.. And somehow p-nut also received pick pocketed beans from a RFK show and p-nut crossed it with a Kush found on somebody passed out at 9:30 club who was pocketed by a girl on side streets selling Newports.
hehehehahaha..Glad you wrote that shit down man..before it was lost in space f o r e v e r...
I'm with @dogznova..let's here another bedtime story

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

So after that what had happened somehow FranK Gegax, Loompa, AJ, David Richards, Richard Pryor, Pbud, JoeBrand, JJ, SkunkVA, Cornbread, Bubba s crew (all of us) ended up super broke at the Comfort Inn in Landover MD. My girlfriend was there but she was so broke I dropped her off at the McDonald's on Alabama Ave in northeast DC and I told her "I promise to be back to pick u up in the 21st-century" and God love her, she waited there patiently for a while I think. Got back to the inn there was a caravan of Volkswagen buses in a circle wagontrain style. We were hungry, shoeless, we had buds, but we had no food and no shoes.

This was two shows after the Deer Creek show and we were trying to get tickets for RFK. Frank was the only one with shoes, all of us were bare feet because we had sold pretty much everything at that point. Loompa was the only one who had his wits about him and was clear minded enough to have head stash that nobody could find even though he didn't know what car he was living in.

At that point Frank Gegax was already out of jail and me and my sidekick Squirrel especially looked up to him because he was so much older. We did not know it was Frank G at the time! At the time me n Squirrel knew him as "the Mexican cowboy" because he always had a sombrero on, no matter where he was at- that dude could be at the 7-Eleven in Tucson Arizona and be wearing the sombrero. He could be the 7-Eleven in Landover Maryland. Could be at the 7-Eleven in Hampton Roads, he always had this sombrero on 24/7. I remember him lighting up a gigantic six paper joint during fire on the mountain in Landover 89, he was pretty much the only one in the whole venue with weed to smoke, there was probably only five other people in the entire stadium. heads up, this was the East Coast drought remember, and he had a eight paper joint damn after about 30 bogart tokes he finally passed it. I was sitting to stage left in "A" section, Frank was in the C-section and somehow this joint made its way to me, and then to Loompa who was pretty much snuck into the floor. When the eight paper joint came to me it was still probably at least five papers left on it and after Fire On the Mountain Jerry Garcia STRAIGHT UP POINTED DIRECTLY AT ME and said "this next song is for you kid" I'll never forget it, can't remember the next song but I think it was Terrapin. At the show all in attendance was shocked because there was so small amount of marijuana, and when Franklin lit up the six paper joint at LEAST 15,000 people looked at him and with their bigeyes said "please pass it in this direction". People have expectations some days.

anyways this is how these east coast started a growing in earnest, because of the drought, we all knew if we didn't grow something there might not be anything to smoke tomorrow, literally. And that was the driving force for huge amount of East Coast indo growing. East Coast growing at the time was a huge paranoid underground, nobody talks to anybody, that is the golden rule, that is the only rule. Of course it's still like that and will be like this for a long time. Anyways this long world war story has me laughing. n the barefoot crew were reminiscing on the fact of how stuck we were from the blue unicorns from Landover, marveling at the fact that we were still stuck on silly three years later from those blue unicorns.

Any rate outside the comfort inn homeboy Frank Gegax fell asleep awkwardly and for the first time revealed what was underneath the sombrero, it was a totally cutting edge state of the art 14 K modem!! Somehow somebody accidentally pushed the button to drop the camper top he was sleeping in and he fell into the bottom of the van. and underneath his sombrero modem was ALSO a transmitter that was directed at the HAM antenna for ART BELL. Who at this point in 1990 Frank Fegax and Art Bell were the early Internet adopters, he was tied into the Grateful Dead WELL community http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_WELL

-=How Frank Gegax talked to Art Bell on the high desert wavelengths=-

Most important thing to remember is that me and squirrell graduated from the drought of 88 and 89, and we started telling war stories about East Coast DEad shows. At this time we found that the sombrero Mexican had an additional bunker that had never been busted n still holds the kind bud. Squirrel called Frank Gegax a "hold out" to his face. The person who tended that lonely bunker- his name was Cookie McDuffy. Frank realized I could grow better than Cookie, so he fired cookie and hired me instead. And anyway he still called me Cookie McDuffy. One time we bet on an Atlanta Falcons game and I told him if Atlanta wins I get to do the Dirty Bird dance on some dry leaf.... if Atlanta loses you must change my name to something better than Cookie McDuffy anyways I lost, but I still did the dirty bird anyway, albeit on wet leaf.

Doing this search for tickets I think certain buds got mixed up and legendary bag seed ended up being a trade for the dog, it was done with excellent intentions because we all were greedy for more strains to smoke and somebody's crew traded the dog for something that was seedy but really killer so that's why so many dog phenotypes come up because so joebrand was too high to realize he traded his dog for another bud and when he found the seed got confused even more and just call the dog bug because he was too tired to name it something else JoeBrand and wasn't very good taking notes at the time anyways.

The long story sorry Frank Gegax was one of the most positive people in the whole scene and everybody mentioned in this article was very popular and positive contributors to our scene, except for me. everybody called me Cookie n idk why.

Frank had more handles than Cornbread (which is really saying something) anyways Playboy $hort (AKA Frank Gegax) later did an interview on Art Bell after sessioning the dog bud, it was after a Las Vegas show I think, and after the interview I asked if he was more high from the dog bud or the bud we had traded for and he said it was a combination of both after this interview. By this time the government of course had change his name to Major Ed Dames. Somehow $hort was so high he went to flying to Area 51 using some HAM radio handle he borrowed and a legacy WELL fax machine.

You have questions, please ask.

way2green

way2green

@cannapits
Are u reading and laughing like the motherfucker?
I knew a few from the rainbow family myself and was at many shows where this "strain" was hyped. Scored lots of good ganja from those kids......I was at deer creek when the jackasses broke the gate and peeps got killed.....never heard this tale.....

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I live here in gods country. I interact with Barry "Plunker" Adams and his children as well as Chuck Mills and his offspring. I will say there may be affiliates of the Rainbow Crew or Drain Bows as most are called that came off tour, who came to experience real kindness, and seek guidance. But, I know for a fact that none of the alleged OGs or Dawgs were available directly in our back yard. It may have showed up at a gathering or two. But the main circle had nothing to do with it other than being honored it was shared with them.

Last edited:
dogznova

dogznova

@MrBelvedere Awesome story. Maybe we can get loompa to chime in.

Funny. The east cost drought of 88 89 caused me to start growing as well. I started with mexi bag seed in a phototron from HT magazine. Man I was scared as hell of the gov tracking that shipment lol. I soon scored the clone only blueberry in 91 and an HPS 1000w HID.. Man I wish I still had that clone 'pure blueberry dank'.. Ahh memory lane.. :)

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

Dave Richards is full of BS stories and was a Federal informant in the 1997 case against me. Dave did months in prison because of his cooperation and I did 5 years in prison for my lack of cooperation.

For the record - I absolutely despise the allegations Dave is making about me to bolster his own story. I NEVER smuggled seeds through LAX when I arrived back in California in December of 1996. I did however, officially declare my medical Cannabis with my international prescription from my Dutch physician, at customs and I was thoroughly searched. After the DEA would not intervene and the LAPD would not arrest me, customs finally released me, but confiscated my medical Cannabis. Eric Shevin represented me as my attorney in my case against customs, in my attempt to get my medical Cannabis returned. In the 90's I declared my medical Cannabis at customs twice in order to make a political point that Cannabis is medicine.

I hope everybody listening to this realizes that being a snitch is absolutely horrible, what's worse is making up completely fabricated scenarios to facilitate the stories. People should stop snitching - after listening to this broadcast today, I can only imagine the amount of fertilizer Dave spread around to the feds to get himself out of going to prison for his own grows.

Furthermore, in regards to OG KUSH - I was given a cutting of the plant in 1997 and Dave Richards did NOT HAVE ANYTHING to do with it. There was a small group of growers in Los Angeles who were growing OG and I was fortunate enough to be given a plant and brought into their circle. The story back then was that it came from a brother who brought it in from Florida. Dave absolutely had nothing to do with me getting the cutting of OG and Dave was pissed off back in 1997, that I would not give him a cutting of it, only because I was loyal to my friends who were kind enough to give me a cutting and had specifically asked me not to give cuttings out to anybody. Back then, people growing OG did not want to see guys like Dave commercialize strains that had taken a lot of work (by people other than Dave) and grown out to be highly regarded as connoisseur quality Cannabis.

After I was released from prison in 2004, I was again given OG Kush and specifically asked if this time I could share it. Coincidentally, the brother who brought OG from Florida died in a skiing accident and his friends thought it would be most appropriate if I used the plant to get back on my feet. With their good graces, I distributed OG Kush clones throughout Los Angeles that were authentic cuttings of the original plant that was made famous in Los Angeles and given to me multiple times from 1997 on. I can attest that there were actual copies of OG available in various medical clubs in 2004, 2005 and 2006 through "Select Strains". (I was busted again on June 9th, 2006 by LAPD and served 4 days in LA JAIL, 45 days on house arrest, 3 years probation - as it is not easy being green).

I personally believe that we should share the genetics, I believe that really good cannabis can only make the world a better, more peaceful place to live in. 18 years later, I still have OG Kush and probably will forever.

Todd McCormick: HEMP.xxx ~ THC EXPO ~ The Emperor Wears No Clothes 12th Edition ~ PROTESTIVAL - A 20 Year Retrospective of Seattle Hemp Fest ~ How To Grow Medical Marijuana ~ The Union: The Business Behind Geting High & The Culture High

OG KUSH
phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Dave Richards is full of BS stories and was a Federal informant in the 1997 case against me. Dave did months in prison because of his cooperation and I did 5 years in prison for my lack of cooperation.

For the record - I absolutely despise the allegations Dave is making about me to bolster his own story. I NEVER smuggled seeds through LAX when I arrived back in California in December of 1996. I did however, officially declare my medical Cannabis with my international prescription from my Dutch physician, at customs and I was thoroughly searched. After the DEA would not intervene and the LAPD would not arrest me, customs finally released me, but confiscated my medical Cannabis. Eric Shevin represented me as my attorney in my case against customs, in my attempt to get my medical Cannabis returned. In the 90's I declared my medical Cannabis at customs twice in order to make a political point that Cannabis is medicine.

I hope everybody listening to this realizes that being a snitch is absolutely horrible, what's worse is making up completely fabricated scenarios to facilitate the stories. People should stop snitching - after listening to this broadcast today, I can only imagine the amount of fertilizer Dave spread around to the feds to get himself out of going to prison for his own grows.

Furthermore, in regards to OG KUSH - I was given a cutting of the plant in 1997 and Dave Richards did NOT HAVE ANYTHING to do with it. There was a small group of growers in Los Angeles who were growing OG and I was fortunate enough to be given a plant and brought into their circle. The story back then was that it came from a brother who brought it in from Florida. Dave absolutely had nothing to do with me getting the cutting of OG and Dave was pissed off back in 1997, that I would not give him a cutting of it, only because I was loyal to my friends who were kind enough to give me a cutting and had specifically asked me not to give cuttings out to anybody. Back then, people growing OG did not want to see guys like Dave commercialize strains that had taken a lot of work (by people other than Dave) and grown out to be highly regarded as connoisseur quality Cannabis.

After I was released from prison in 2004, I was again given OG Kush and specifically asked if this time I could share it. Coincidentally, the brother who brought OG from Florida died in a skiing accident and his friends thought it would be most appropriate if I used the plant to get back on my feet. With their good graces, I distributed OG Kush clones throughout Los Angeles that were authentic cuttings of the original plant that was made famous in Los Angeles and given to me multiple times from 1997 on. I can attest that there were actual copies of OG available in various medical clubs in 2004, 2005 and 2006 through "Select Strains". (I was busted again on June 9th, 2006 by LAPD and served 4 days in LA JAIL, 45 days on house arrest, 3 years probation - as it is not easy being green).

I personally believe that we should share the genetics, I believe that really good cannabis can only make the world a better, more peaceful place to live in. 18 years later, I still have OG Kush and probably will forever.

Todd McCormick: HEMP.xxx ~ THC EXPO ~ The Emperor Wears No Clothes 12th Edition ~ PROTESTIVAL - A 20 Year Retrospective of Seattle Hemp Fest ~ How To Grow Medical Marijuana ~ The Union: The Business Behind Geting High & The Culture High
Snitches have sold their soul and tried to get a refund and now look at them squirming in the hell they created lol Lil Phill (Stitches) - My Name Lil Phill:

Before snitching
Stitches - Brick In Yo Face (Official Video):

After snitching

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

the Richards story goes completely haywire right after he goes from his tale of driving to the mansion to smoke out Woody and Jack, and a minute later is saying he has thousands of priceless seeds but his wife will let him germinate them LOL.

Thanks for your activism in ending prohibition, there's very few people who truly take it to heart.

oahno

oahno

dammmm this thread just got real. thanks for the input todd, very interesting indeed. all the rats in this industry need to be sniffed out for sure.

i don't know if the info you describe relating to og kush is that far off from what dave was describing though. sure florida had it and it got to ca. but how did florida get it and from where? multiple accounts corroborate the dogbud storyline and seems to be pretty likely it leads back to the gegax crew in the 80s.

i dont think dave ever claimed in the interview that he directly had og kush as a result of the seeds he had or something he bred. i'm sure he got it from clone in the 2000s just like everyone else. he did mention the story about ice-t in amsterdam naming the og kush but i dont think he said he grew that or anything. he probably just had some of the herb from todds circle or something.

like in most instances the truth is highly subjective. but i do feel that the origins of og kush back to the dogbud and gegax crew seems really legit. i also wonder if seperate crews had bred plants similar to og kush just by stumbling on to similar breeding schedules for its parents, likely common landrace/skunk/nl genetics or whatever. now as for who actually named it i'm guessing that truth is lost to time.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

@oahno - everything is certainly confusing. You are confusing two different strains- "chemdog" and "og kush". Adding to the confusion is the inaccurate stories being told on these Adam Dunn shows! Additionally, there were two separate shows on the Adam Dunn podcast- (1) "History of Chemdog" and (2) "History of OG Kush".

In terms of truly researching the "History of OG Kush" there are several main points:

1) Who exactly bred "OG KUSH"? - we don't know for sure! It was a cut held tight tight by a family of kind growers. We don't even have any idea what year it was created/bred!

2) What are the exact genetics in "OG KUSH"? Again, we don't know for sure! But every experienced smoker who has smoked good quality "Hindu-Kush" (offered commercially as an IBL by seed banks since before 1992) AND positive they are/were smoking Hindu-Kush because they either popped the IBL seed or had a random Hindu-Kush cut.... he will not forget the unmistakable dankness- smell, taste, and high profile of HK. Well grown HK buds are **so kind**, the taste is so sweet and flavorful, and the taste and smell is unmistakable. In my opinion, "Hindu-Kush" and "OG KUSH" taste nearly identical. Purely speculating, but in my opinion "OG KUSH" is a mostly Hindu-Kush strain with something crossed into it, then perhaps crossed back to Hindu-Kush to retain the Hindu-Kush flavor profile and augment it with the previous unknown strain(s). Hindu-Kush seeds were purchased from seed banks in huge amounts in the 1990's (as were other good strains). My main point is that huge numbers of disassociated people grew and smoked Hindu-Kush all thru the 90's, and Americans have a lazy tongue, so most growers just abbreviated "Hindu-Kush" to "Kush" when talking about the strain amongst themselves. Many different people grew this Hindu-Kush strain! And it was grown all over the country, in every state probably. Whatever the genetics really are, who knows, but it seems to me to be a "mostly Hindu Kush" hybrid.

3) What is the story of how the "OG KUSH" cut got passed around?
Guess what, still don't know. In the real world most growers are too paranoid of being busted to tell anybody anything. Sadly, that is the golden rule of growing in this era of Prohibition. So we will probably never know the FULL story from "beginning to end". Whoever originally bred the plant probably had a "pet name" for his gem.... As the cut was carefully passed from various growing families it was probably renamed multiple times because that is the way things happen in the real world. The final name being "OG KUSH".

Time to rip a giant binger and say a huge "thank you" to Todd and all the hardcore activists leading us out of the dark ages. The world owes you all.

oahno

oahno

come on man i know the difference between chemdog and og. did you listen to the dunn podcasts even? they came from separate bags of likely the same dogbud.....or some other strain they were breeding and calling it that for a certain area.

you just posted 3 big long statements saying they don't know, doesn't really help matters. i don't see a spec of hindu kush in og kush. i do see nl, sk & thai tendencies though.

Top Bottom