The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dukefarmer

Dukefarmer

Uhh no it didn't. It was almost insignificant. It's just another cross strain man. It changed nothing.
I know this threads a little old but dude u seem brain dead. Og kush is the back bone to most crosses these days but I’m sure u knew that because Mr know it all.

jasper19

jasper19

For what it’s worth All Star Clones has Ghost and Bubba clones vouched for by orgnkid. Do your own due diligence. I got one of each in veg.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Adam Dunn....lmao.......and if ppl think OG is the backbone of modern lines then their sadly mistaken and very misinformed.....and before you buy what Adam is shoveling ..try some of THseeds lines and get a real idea of how lame he and his body of work actually is....
Ppl jjust gata go saying dumb shit and makin claims..
I got a few for ya...
If you weren't around in the 80s and early 90s and think you know wtf Kush is?.........You dont....
Cause OGKush isnt even a True Kush.....so start there with dipstick Adams views of hybrid hype lines that ppl fed off of for almost 2 decades now......lol.....
And guess what...now it doesnt even matter cause it became the most bastardized line ever created....oh boy.....have fun with that bs....
Do your selves a huge favor..and Explore Afghan Lines to find Real True Kushes - which are Mountain acclimated Afghans from a very particulare region and area guys...
cause IMO/E there is ONLY 1 True Real Kush in the entire world..and it sure as fook isnt OGkush......lol
FOE20

Judaz

Judaz

After the dudding issue on my OG kush cut, I finally let her go since I got a new cut from Josh D. I can definitely say it was the same strain I had. Grows the same and came out just like my old cut before the dudding. Definitely 🔥

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Happy i found this thread, always heard rappers mention OG or Purple Haze, but OG Kush is such a well known strain.

I was smoking it in the 90's but everything back then was simply insane, the weed, the molly...EVERYTHING!
Hell they don't even make dance music like they used to..those days i am very happy to be a part of...that 90's rave/club scene was insane.

Anyway i briefly went back in time apologies muchachos.🙃

Chem77

Chem77

After the dudding issue on my OG kush cut, I finally let her go since I got a new cut from Josh D. I can definitely say it was the same strain I had. Grows the same and came out just like my old cut before the dudding. Definitely 🔥
You should post more often. 👍

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

I'm not saying this is bullshit, but, let me call a friend who has a friend, who has sources that has friends that know a lot more about this than I do.........

I find it hilarious that so many of the strains that I see called "OG this or that", mostly people talking indica's or Kush's.

Never see anyone talking about Hawaiians that were dead ringers for indicas, or Mexicans that were bred into ruderalis that are also dead ringers.

Never hear anyone talk about Cali orange bud anymore.

What traits of OG Kush, stand out that set it apart from any other indica or kush variety, name them, please......

(I mean absolutely NO offense to anyone, in this post, I'm just a cynic who tends to be skeptical of everything until it's proven to my satisfaction.)

Last edited:
OlSkl1474

OlSkl1474

Wow! What a story! So here is what I know about p funk: this strain was a pure roadkill skunk and that was completely the backbone to the original chem, most likely the bag that chem bought was either pbud or a direct relative of. The real skunk was being ran by a rasta crew out of Montana and they had their distribution hubs in Wyoming and Colorado, the p funk came from this crew. My buddies parents stated popping some seeds and one specific was a supposed "Thai" and they dubbed it pfunk. The Rastas ran the shit out of this cut and it was simply dubbed as skunk. Fast forward a decade and only 1 person I knew of had the cut and it was an s1, this s1 was so similar to Chemdog #4 but had a nicer color, my friend got his original seeds from one of the Rastas before they went down and was growing it for years, unfortunately he passed and all of his genetics went with him. I know the main rasta guy just got released last year, hopefully some real strain background can be brought to light by him.
There were 2 we had. One was local the p funk dirt grown skunk and then there was one we bought and call “Thai skunk” or “Hydro” That weed came in soaking wet…. but was the stoniest weed I have smoke in my life once you waited a week and dried it out.

jasper19

jasper19

I just sampled the Ghost I got via All Star Clones and I have to say I’m liking it. A lot.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

sounds a lot like bullshit to me.... maybe its just me but i can smell it a mile away with how their stories are told.
Gotta hand it to these guys, they don't have to work and just sit around and shoot the shit. Sweet gig.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I sit here thinking about all of the time I have wasted sifting through forums to gain insight as to what OG Kush is, where it came from, etc... All for nothing. The atomic bomb was dropped yesterday on the Adam Dunn show as to the origins of OG Kush...

For anyone who cares about OG, even remotely, please give your undivided attention to Mr. Dave Richards..
View attachment 1015684

-----------------------------------------------
Info on the different cuts of OG Kush:

Tahoe = cut brought into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.

Larry = The Orange County Larry cut that is available in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from

SFV = There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve

Ghost = This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.

Tripple OG = This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

Abusive = This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.

SAC#2 = Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.

P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G = Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

Apothecary = O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999

Diablo = This = cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley

Raskal's OG = Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by a friends of forum member OGraskal

HA OG = Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.

Poison OG =Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in '96

SAC#1 & #3 = #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name "Purple O.G Kush", the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara
Jerry Beisler is the author of The Bandit of Kabul, he claimed to have bred orange bud in 1973 and had one of the earliest seedbanks.

Judaz

Judaz

With all the new color strains in the market. OG kush has really taken the back seat to all these new exotic strains. This new generation of younger kids don’t even know what it is anymore. kids these days seem to undermine OG kush because it’s not as pretty or frosty as all the new strains. It still is my favorite high. Still gives me that uplifting, euphoric, narcotic, well being sensation that non of the other new strains can match. And it still has that gas earthy pine smell that all the other fruity colorful weed can’t match. I may be bias but I’ve tried all these new color weeds and they just don’t pack that punch like the og kush. What’s everyone else’s opinion? Are the new strains better or not? Would love to hear the feedback of any of you that has tried the 96 og cut from josh D the one came from Florida.
5C6FE536 DD4F 41FB 9D0B F926D2EC7110

Last edited:
Judaz

Judaz

I'm not saying this is bullshit, but, let me call a friend who has a friend, who has sources that has friends that know a lot more about this than I do.........

I find it hilarious that so many of the strains that I see called "OG this or that", mostly people talking indica's or Kush's.

Never see anyone talking about Hawaiians that were dead ringers for indicas, or Mexicans that were bred into ruderalis that are also dead ringers.

Never hear anyone talk about Cali orange bud anymore.

What traits of OG Kush, stand out that set it apart from any other indica or kush variety, name them, please......

(I mean absolutely NO offense to anyone, in this post, I'm just a cynic who tends to be skeptical of everything until it's proven to my satisfaction.)
The thing about og kush it does not have any Mexican genetics and no Hawaiian either. Not saying these others are bad but not in og kush. I came across some nice Hawaiian strains back in the day. Mexican weed has always been dirt weed as far as I can remember.

Judaz

Judaz

One last thing I have to mention is that all those other og kush strains from seed companies and all the other phenos even are not one in the same to the original cut as far as effects. While some may smell similar, look similar they do not produce the same effects like the original cut. I think that’s what makes the original cut special. The one in clone form only. Because non of the other og variations produce the same psychoactive and physical effects. The original cut in clone only form produces buds that give you an uplifting energetic mental high and a feeling of well being on the body. That’s why I describe the high as energetic euphoric and narcotic on the body. That is what make og kush special. It’s the high and the unique scent it has. None of the exotic strains do that for me and the reason why we nick named the cut herojuana og kush in the San Fernando valley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom