The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzzz

Buzzzz

The wee
With all the new color strains in the market. OG kush has really taken the back seat to all these new exotic strains. This new generation of younger kids don’t even know what it is anymore. kids these days seem to undermine OG kush because it’s not as pretty or frosty as all the new strains. It still is my favorite high. Still gives me that uplifting, euphoric, narcotic, well being sensation that non of the other new strains can match. And it still has that gas earthy pine smell that all the other fruity colorful weed can’t match. I may be bias but I’ve tried all these new color weeds and they just don’t pack that punch like the og kush. What’s everyone else’s opinion? Are the new strains better or not? Would love to hear the feedback of any of you that has tried the 96 og cut from josh D the one came from Florida.View attachment 1287803
The weed was best before prohibition and gets worse and will continue the trend and people who saved the oldest strains will have the best and the building blocks to recapture some of it,the newer ones are simply offspring of the old ones,although some good crosses are out there. We went from getting high to being stoned.Primo Mexican is all but gone due to paraquat,yet in the early days it was phenomenal,as were Asian and Colombian,at least I've not seen any in decades. A worldwide crackdown on cannabis wiped out far too many real strains. Most people in the know realize thc content alone does not determine potency or quality of high,but it still seems to be good for bragging rights to green growers and smokers. The bling is very important to many people,even if the trichromes are lacking in active ingredients,they sell it to themselves that it's killer. A lot of cannabis is grown out of it's native environment so will never fully express their potential. The TV saying todays strains are so much more potent is just propaganda. The best is gone,they act like people are just recently actually getting a buzz. I'd like to try the OG Kush.

Judaz

Judaz

The wee

The weed was best before prohibition and gets worse and will continue the trend and people who saved the oldest strains will have the best and the building blocks to recapture some of it,the newer ones are simply offspring of the old ones,although some good crosses are out there. We went from getting high to being stoned.Primo Mexican is all but gone due to paraquat,yet in the early days it was phenomenal,as were Asian and Colombian,at least I've not seen any in decades. A worldwide crackdown on cannabis wiped out far too many real strains. Most people in the know realize thc content alone does not determine potency or quality of high,but it still seems to be good for bragging rights to green growers and smokers. The bling is very important to many people,even if the trichromes are lacking in active ingredients,they sell it to themselves that it's killer. A lot of cannabis is grown out of it's native environment so will never fully express their potential. The TV saying todays strains are so much more potent is just propaganda. The best is gone,they act like people are just recently actually getting a buzz. I'd like to try the OG Kush.
Where are you located? I’ll mail you some OG kush to sample. I have the original cut. I agree all the new strains are bred for pretty looks but they don’t do the job like the old school strains. Kids these days all they care about the looks and how big the nugs are 🤦‍♂️

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Where are you located? I’ll mail you some OG kush to sample. I have the original cut. I agree all the new strains are bred for pretty looks but they don’t do the job like the old school strains. Kids these days all they care about the looks and how big the nugs are 🤦‍♂️
I'm in Canada, and you?

extractoilminussixty

extractoilminussixty

Well going back to 2014 in the first post absolutely correct, i’m 62 and will never forget gold & red Colombian. I lived in Chicago the suburbs and they were very hard to get…Morrocan, Acapulco gold, Panama red, We’re actually harder for us to get than Colombians…
The reason I bring this up is every one of them were identifiable “unique”… for instance I remember Acapulco gold actually had a fuzzy appearance to it in the bag strange as that sounds.
Although the strongest I ever smoked and only once was called Kona Gold from Hawaii, A local town dealer who I knew sent it back it was one bud and weighed a quarter pound.(and yes it sure the hell was gold) 1979.

Well anyway I had a OG Kush auto that was real funky ended up being a male 4 1/2 feet tall sativa like structure leafs(seeds were from Sensibleseeds) and is no longer in their selection, but because I like Girl Scout Cookies so much and OG Kush was used to create Girl Scout Cookies I crossed that male pollen with a good GSC plant.
And I got gangster girl, sorry I know some people don’t like the name(for personal consumption only)…. :) Nice head heavy narcotic high that creeps throughout the body ends up in your toes 35 minutes later
Pics:

71A378A7 4D36 4BD5 A196 AB17CD7A5C1A
6FF1EB5E 2835 413C 9B84 B8E46E37097F
6A76C0E1 BE07 4DDE 8D60 FE8D86F2C979

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

so when you pop a bag seed obviously you know half of it is from the strain that you purchased but you have no idea what the other strain that pollinated it is so after you’re done growing and you end up harvesting it is there a way to have some sort of testing done or what do you call it ? Or how to identify I’m asking because I’m currently growing a seed from a bag of some extremely good Ayahuasca purple but obviously I have no idea what pollinated it so the outcome of this grow will be what Ayahuasca purple X whatever I want to call it? Or how this go ? Might have the next Og kush on my hands here 😁😁🤙🏼🤙🏼

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

Well going back to 2014 in the first post absolutely correct, i’m 62 and will never forget gold & red Colombian. I lived in Chicago the suburbs and they were very hard to get…Morrocan, Acapulco gold, Panama red, We’re actually harder for us to get than Colombians…
The reason I bring this up is every one of them were identifiable “unique”… for instance I remember Acapulco gold actually had a fuzzy appearance to it in the bag strange as that sounds.
Although the strongest I ever smoked and only once was called Kona Gold from Hawaii, A local town dealer who I knew sent it back it was one bud and weighed a quarter pound.(and yes it sure the hell was gold) 1979.

Well anyway I had a OG Kush auto that was real funky ended up being a male 4 1/2 feet tall sativa like structure leafs(seeds were from Sensibleseeds) and is no longer in their selection, but because I like Girl Scout Cookies so much and OG Kush was used to create Girl Scout Cookies I crossed that male pollen with a good GSC plant.
And I got gangster girl, sorry I know some people don’t like the name(for personal consumption only)…. :) Nice head heavy narcotic high that creeps throughout the body ends up in your toes 35 minutes later
Pics:

View attachment 1288108View attachment 1288109View attachment 1288110
Super cool man nice work I wan smell it 🥰

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
You can call it what ever you like. Then build the hype, if you succeed they will catch on.
When I bloomed out my last sk1 plant, I found 1 freakin seed. After I grew it out I knew gg4 was the one who pollinated it and the sweet from the skunk mixed perfect with the gg4 to make tootsie. The burning rosin of the strain smells like your baking tootsie rolls🤩

Happyreefing

Happyreefing

You can call it what ever you like. Then build the hype, if you succeed they will catch on.
When I bloomed out my last sk1 plant, I found 1 freakin seed. After I grew it out I knew gg4 was the one who pollinated it and the sweet from the skunk mixed perfect with the gg4 to make tootsie. The burning rosin of the strain smells like your baking tootsie rolls🤩
Very very cool man 🔥🌱

C

chronic2

I have yet to read what OG stands for? It's like what Happy mentioned about Oh Geez, not another cut. I still stand behind my two found seeds in a dispensary [alleged] store. Turned them to seed, wind came up, blew a few growing under the pea gravel yard. Fed it water only. Blows [pun] away any store bought. Could count a 7 leaf at the very bottom of its first round of growth, but above were all 5 leaf [dispensary] CBD dominate. The other grew like sativa, with gaps at their main branch, where the indica grew like a punk and filled the branches.

So to see both cuts and it's from the same plant? CUT me a break tracing the orange inn of OG, and it was Coco's cut wit Jerry Acid's cut, then Who'see cut from Mally Boo, cut one in the room and they moved to Beverly.

Signed,
NOLTT (no one listens to turtle)

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
So who has some legit OG Kush Seeds?

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
I have yet to read what OG stands for? It's like what Happy mentioned about Oh Geez, not another cut. I still stand behind my two found seeds in a dispensary [alleged] store. Turned them to seed, wind came up, blew a few growing under the pea gravel yard. Fed it water only. Blows [pun] away any store bought. Could count a 7 leaf at the very bottom of its first round of growth, but above were all 5 leaf [dispensary] CBD dominate. The other grew like sativa, with gaps at their main branch, where the indica grew like a punk and filled the branches.

So to see both cuts and it's from the same plant? CUT me a break tracing the orange inn of OG, and it was Coco's cut wit Jerry Acid's cut, then Who'see cut from Mally Boo, cut one in the room and they moved to Beverly.

Signed,
NOLTT (no one listens to turtle)
Original Gangster

PROP215FOREVER

PROP215FOREVER

So who has some legit OG Kush Seeds?
Marevelous Seeds for sure. Grew out some off their gear & it’s the closest to an authentic Og kush clone-only all the seeds came out fire with that unmistakable lemon pinesol gasoline fuel terps

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Marevelous Seeds for sure. Grew out some off their gear & it’s the closest to an authentic Og kush clone-only all the seeds came out fire with that unmistakable lemon pinesol gasoline fuel terps
Thanks, I grabbed some from MSNL couple years ago and they didn't come out to good. Growing another batch just to be sure it wasn't the grower who messed them up...lol. I'll grab some beans from Marvelous...thanks!

PROP215FOREVER

PROP215FOREVER

Thanks, I grabbed some from MSNL couple years ago and they didn't come out to good. Growing another batch just to be sure it wasn't the grower who messed them up...lol. I'll grab some beans from Marvelous...thanks!
No problem. I spent a lot of time searching for Ogk clones all over thinking I would never come across that flavor profile popping seeds until I grew out a pack of gas chamber from marvelous seeds, lemon cleaner mop bucket terps I’m very happy with that.

Top Bottom