The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The cat that dropped triangle kush speculated it might be part of the 3-way cross that made her ....

& it was another kush that was around back then.
Afghanxthai) X pine tar kush just thinking out loud on a dope cross

SpiderK

SpiderK

..... " Yea for months I was lookin at Blue Dogs pics thinkin it was the real og while everyone shrugged them off like, yea t.k. looks good, nice pics, but its not og. It was infront of everyones face the whole time and nobody knew it cause they were blinded by the hype. I bet its the same cut nspecta picked up from his boys in OC. I have a friend in norcal that thinks nspectas pics in this thread is the cut he is running but he calls it nepalese kush but that it comes down in 60 days max, usually around the 55 mark so not sure. So what I want to know is, if these cuts of og/pk/tk/nk, have been around since the mid 80s were does that put them in relation to the chemdog storyline. " ........ Flamingo

edit-

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

12-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Kush Junkie

Originally Posted by ograskal

Real Nice Suge.....I may have aquired that same cut along with the Purple Kush from good Old Swerve...If it is the same one, Hope mine turns out as good....Nice Thread....I dont think I tasted the Real Deal Pure Kush Yet, cuz the few times I smoked the Pure Kush from freinds or the clubs, It really wasnt that Impressive for all the hype...It was real good, but i guess i was just expecting More....The OG was Just blowin it it out the water....What does the real deal Pure Kush Taste Like, And do you have any Flics of dried nugshots??????Thanks ~ogr

When you taste the real kush you will know. It surpasses the hype for me, hard to even build a tolerance up. here is a pic of my Nepali Kush.

Nepali kush

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Yea for months I was lookin at Blue Dogs pics thinkin it was the real og while everyone shrugged them off like, yea t.k. looks good, nice pics, but its not og. It was infront of everyones face the whole time and nobody knew it cause they were blinded by the hype. .

Im not sure what you are meaning by Hype? I know what the term means but not sure who you are saying was hyping it up? I didnt know their relations till I ran TK with 5 other cuts of OG. before I got the TK i had only grown out several Oger kush seeds from Orgnkid.

SpiderK

SpiderK

not my quote ..... that was from flamingo in 2006.

i dropped it cuz he brought up nepali kush.

and nobody talks about nepali kush so most must not have her .... i guess. its bodhi's og he used in the goji og said the first time cuts were sold $20,000

EVOKE

EVOKE

The first time i had some dank herb was in 92 when a transfer student i met asked me if i smoked herd so i pulled my brick weed and he laughed at me i was like WTF bro.... he opened this small jar in class and i was holy fukn shit the whole room stunk like a dead skunk the teacher thought a skunk pissed outside the classroom.... later on that morning we ditch class and puffed on a small joint that he called Chronic i couldnt believe how high i got soo high i couldnt feel my leggs walking back to school.... my luck i got caught by the assit principal and sat in his office trippn balls for over 45 mins anywho i got suspended but i was hooked ever since that day..... i asked my new friend what the hell did we smoke he told me it was some LA bud he got from his older brother called Chocolate Thai.... i spend all my summer job money on weed that yr i was paying 10 bucks a gram.... the first time i had real deal OGK aka the Kind was in 95-96 thats as far back the i can remember... living in Victorville at that time my high school homie had acquired a cut of og from his brothers friend in LA... i still visit my homie from time to time and he always has that dank... he doesnt care about internet forums IG or any magazines i asked him to listen to the dunns show and he just laughed at what they were saying... he was telling me his brothers friends were some ese dudes in SFV growing that shit for yrs back in 96 but that it was outdoor weed...

Last edited:
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@cannapits I love that PK cut...all I used to smoke back in FL, same crew I knew that would run it also got it shipped in from Cali, always so so kill. I definitely agree would be awesome to have again.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Indeed TK = TK not OG, OG = TKs1. The swamp guys never called the TK OG. The OG tag come from CA. Now about the OG tag their's many versions about what it means and who brought it. The last one I got after pm'ing old school cats that are in the known, is this one:

...reason being is the "OldMan" said he'd been smoking "Kush" since '84 and it only began being called "OG Kush" after the movie SouthCentral came out. They named it after the character "O.G. Bobby Johnson". I believe the Old Man and know he's got no motive to lie...

The OldMan is a old school hollywood pot star, who knows the best of the best out there back in the days. Notice the OldMan said he was smoking Kush from 1984. It's not the first time I hear that. Some old folks told me already. But unfortunately I have no to tell if they really meaning the 1984 kush they smoked, were just like nowadays OG that appears around 1997. Anyways, This OldMan link have lead me to a OG source from around 1997, thats is not link to orgnkid or the TK swamp guys. There's also the Faceoff link from the OGKushMan crew, thats comes around 1997 in small batch, and shortly after around 1998/9 it was available in quantity and often.

This is BlueDog aka BigRicky aka OLDFAMILLYRED, and probably dozens of other boards name, post about the TK lineage, adressing Tha Docta from Archives.
Blue Dog OCT 2007
doc.....wassup homey?
i have the info on the tks lineage.........and your last comment is dead on......except its never been reffered to as og here, where it was created. ive known the guy who did the cross for ages, surfed, and even had the guy whoop my ass showing me defense technique(kinda nutty) anyways..about a month ago,,,,he decides to start talking about strains(something rare here) most want good, but have no inclination to breed. well he starts talking about the cat piss degenerating(it was big here in late 80s 90s) and how nobody here was really buying bulk of an indica called maple,,,,,something new was needed, and the hindu kush was to be the gal. he crossed this gal to a lemon thai he got from a buddy, and in return this buddy crossed it back with another kush, my guess from taste and structure would be pinetar......

my friends and i have been running tk going on 15 yrs now, and it still packs the best taste and buzz ive ever witnessed,,,,,,,,and after all this time, the degeneration is substantial but its impossible to cull, as she is a weightlifter in a wheelchair.

So lets recap now, in 1996 orgnkid crew are back from Florida with one cut they selected out of a some s1 found in buds they got in 1991 in Florida. Question is are those buds TK? Or TK related?
The cut they had got in orgnkid hands, and the kid did a lot of seeds with it. Crosses for sure, but did he already made fem beans too in 1997? Cause in that year, the man I will call B, got seeds from orgnkid. Here is his statement about this:
He had Kk bring me a 35MM film cannister full of OG Kush X's him made. I had some phenomenal tings come out of there that I would probably trade everything I have now for.
So what if the Kid is right, and out of this s1 cut that came from florida, many other OG was created from s1,s2 etc or even OGx's ?? Also kid mention that the cut, later known as ghost, was called SFV too. I remember a fellow told me he started to smoke SFV OG around 1997.
Then in 1997 Faceoff appear around OGKushman crew. Was from the drum'n'bass scene in socal.
Two other OG around 1997, one will be called Larry later and the other irene.
Is there other older REAL source to OG?
Its hard or impossible to believe today, with all the infos we have, that OG came from 1991 chemdog. I think we can fairly say today that this argument is wrong. OG ain't a 1991 chemdog s1 but rather a TK s1. I speculate too that the TK is in the chemdog, or maybe they share ancestors, but thats another story.

Last edited:
urban1026835

urban1026835

Indeed TK = TK not OG, OG = TKs1. The swamp guys never called the TK OG. The OG tag come from CA. Now about the OG tag their's many versions about what it means and who brought it. The last one I got after pm'ing old school cats that are in the known, is this one:

The OldMan is a old school hollywood pot star, who knows the best of the best out there back in the days. Notice the OldMan said he was smoking Kush from 1984. It's not the first time I hear that. Some old folks told me already. But unfortunately I have no to tell if they really meaning the 1984 kush they smoked, were just like nowadays OG that appears around 1997. Anyways, This OldMan link have lead me to a OG source from around 1997, thats is not link to orgnkid or the TK swamp guys. There's also the Faceoff link from the OGKushMan crew, thats comes around 1997 in small batch, and shortly after around 1998/9 it was available in quantity and often.

This is BlueDog aka BigRicky aka OLDFAMILLYRED, and probably dozens of other boards name, post about the TK lineage, adressing Tha Docta from Archives.

So lets recap now, in 1996 orgnkid crew are back from Florida with one cut they selected out of a some s1 found in buds they got in 1991 in Florida. Question is are those buds TK? Or TK related?
The cut they had got in orgnkid hands, and the kid did a lot of seeds with it. Crosses for sure, but did he already made fem beans too in 1997? Cause in that year, the man I will call B, got seeds from orgnkid. Here is his statement about this:

So what if the Kid is right, and out of this s1 cut that came from florida, many other OG was created from s1,s2 etc or even OGx's ?? Also kid mention that the cut, later known as ghost, was called SFV too. I remember a fellow told me he started to smoke SFV OG around 1997.
Then in 1997 Faceoff appear around OGKushman crew. Was from the drum'n'bass scene in socal.
Two other OG around 1997, one will be called Larry later and the other irene.
Is there other older REAL source to OG?
Its hard or impossible to believe today, with all the infos we have, that OG came from 1991 chemdog. I think we can fairly say today that this argument is wrong. OG ain't a 1991 chemdog s1 but rather a TK s1. I speculate too that the TK is in the chemdog, or maybe they share ancestors, but thats another story.

Well written recap...Thank You

SpiderK

SpiderK

oregon kid was a liar thats the problem ........

no way the t.k. is the mother of all og's ..... and the chem should not even be in this. cleaan up that story first regarding multi/7 elite in one bag seeded oz. not happening, nor has it ever again ...

again. u had kush landrace in 70's and 80's .....

& what about nepali kush. just cuz the insiders do not have her & the forums are not fillled with pictures ....

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

and before ya hate ask inspecta about oregon kids bullshit / story changing on overgrow ..... ( he saved quotes )

--------------

Thai stick 1976 x Kandahar 1971 = blue orca, the " one " , mary poppins, the Nazi's Cut, the Commander's Cut, Sparkling Crystals and a few others that no longer exist.

All from the same breeding cycle.....

I started with 100 seeds of each parent plant. From that I took 100 seeds and from that there were 10 plants selected ranging from Indica dominant thru Sativa dominant. There were 9 assholes I wanted to divorce myself from completely and totally so this was the settlement. One final lap around the racetrack.

The rest of the plants ended up in the middle of the desert somewhere between Victorville and Barstow - America's colon

Clackamas Cootz ( B.O.E.L )

Last edited:
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
I heard Nepali OG Kush was the Tahoe cut, who knows... We know that orgnkid lied and we taking it in consideration. But still despite his lies, he had the cut and we can figure out which part he lied and when he told the truth. Kush landraces and OG Kush is a different thing. the tag "OG Kush" doesn't refere to a specific Kush mountains strain. We know that true kush strains reaching CA in the late 70s early 80s, but to say those were exactly as nowadays OG Kush, its another thing. OG Kush is not a 100% kush strain. Its a tag people gave to unknow clones or buds that share great similarities between them.

Hindu Kush mountains are 500 miles long, theirs probably a bunch of different strains from there, yet all will be called Kush for their geographic situation rather than the type of buds. In the US its different, people give OG Kush tag to a specific shape, smell and type of buds.

So far and IMO TK is the best lead to OG, as the evidences are pointing up. To say this is not the case without developing ur argument is a bit too light for me. People have s1 TK and guess what they got out of it...

Top Bottom