The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

or tahoe is nepali renamed/ s1......

hindu kush mt. are the word kush was derived from ..... hippie trail ended splat in the middle.

what about koot & his 8 phenols. look at that bubba & orca ....... & the orca was from the early 80's cross thai/kandahar.....

& ill find the quote but oregon kid passed ghost an s1 at the time because he got wind of a seed business starting. & if hes a know canna liar at the time he stories are all in question regarding florida & everything ....

Last edited:
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Exactly we have a to take all the infos with a graint of salt somehow. Yes orgnkid after a lil while, spread the rumor that he haven't sold the real cut to ghost but a s1. I'm speculating that he said that because he was pissed off, when he realised Ghost was going to make seeds with the cut. Whats even funnier, is that today we learn that in fact the OG cut orgnkid had, was already a s1.

So many questions to be answered, if Big Ricky is telling the truth, which I believe, what happen to the other TK seeds? Since it was a join project done in the purpose of create dank, they must have been thousand of seeds !!!

When they did the cross they used a Hindu Kush female on a lemon Thai male. As Randy explain to me, in the early 80s, lot of good growers used to cross Thai to afghan and pakistan strains. He also told me that around 83/84 he saw bubba like buds already in norcal.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Exactly we have a to take all the infos with a graint of salt somehow. Yes orgnkid after a lil while, spread the rumor that he haven't sold the real cut to ghost but a s1. I'm speculating that he said that because he was pissed off, when he realised Ghost was going to make seeds with the cut. Whats even funnier, is that today we learn that in fact the OG cut orgnkid had, was already a s1.

So many questions to be answered, if Big Ricky is telling the truth, which I believe, what happen to the other TK seeds? Since it was a join project done in the purpose of create dank, they must have been thousand of seeds !!!

When they did the cross they used a Hindu Kush female on a lemon Thai male. As Randy explain to me, in the early 80s, lot of good growers used to cross Thai to afghan and pakistan strains. He also told me that around 83/84 he saw bubba like buds already in norcal.

indeed. i agree so much talk & rumor also without pictures.

at least koot had the boel connections, elite cuttings from the early 70's and pictures of the one and the orca from present day .....

the orca & bubba are spot on twins. no b.s. rumors from oregon kid about bubba .... its landrace and comes out when crosses with something else like other pure landrace kush from ibl's, early seed sellers whoever .... maple, pine tar, pk, oregon affy ect ....

Last edited:
cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
oregon kid was a liar thats the problem ........

no way the t.k. is the mother of all og's ..... and the chem should not even be in this. cleaan up that story first regarding multi/7 elite in one bag seeded oz. not happening, nor has it ever again ...

not sure if you stated this before but have you grown the legit cut of TK and the original few OG's that were around say back in 06/07?... I have and imo I think TK could be the mother of them. the cut screams to be crossed to bump up weight. Im pretty sure Nspecta agrees with me as well as a few other respected members. I havent tried any of the s1's going around so I dont know how they are. but clearly most the pics I see arent the TK i know and Ive grown her outside and she really shines that way and grows a little different than inside .inside in soil, coco, strait perlite ,clay pellets, promix and dwc. Under cfls 400 watts , 600 watts, 1000 watts. in flood and drain, drip system, bubbler and in a stadium with 3k of lights on a mover. and the stadium everything barely had stretching and its the only system that kept the TK nodes the closest together. I stress test every major cut I have with heat and nutes etc. I really push cuts to see how weak or strong they are. anyone that knows me knows i ran 10-15 different cuts, seeds at a time at multi locations. many didnt pass my tests.

Tk is one of the most solid cuts ive came across. its always grown the same. Ive had cuts that changed phenos. Ive had cuts change flavors. even had one plant lones LUI that had 2 different nugs on same plant. Ricky knows this. some where sweet tooth and others were ortega. couldnt tell from looks only by taste. craziest shit ive ever seen but I digress. TK has never hermied on me. not a once. never found a seed in her unless I dusted the plant and that was only twice.

Im sure its possible but I really tried and Im not so sure its easy for lots of s1's coming from tk unless chems used. Ive even taken her past 100 days in flower to see and nothing. Ive smoked it from 45 days to 100 days and it only gets stronger with age. 75-90 days is best imo and the flavor and power come out best in flood and drain and dwc

that was long winded and I realize I think Ive added all I know, heard and believe. other than some OGer kush pics I think im done posting in this thread. Ill let you guys have at it.

SpiderK

SpiderK

i agree, even in 2005 when blue dog started posting pictures everyone said it matched " og kush " / " pure kush " ( not sugenite , inspecta's pure ) ..... and at that time 1996-07.

but that does not mean its the mother.

the t.k. was held tight from day one. you had nepali kush, tahoe, pure, sfv all from different peeps all over cali. after green merchant blew up most smart peeps went underground. no way all these came from t.k. it could not have spread that fast in the 90's ..... everyone holds prized cut at the start. look today, ya the insiders hold cuts but peeps are not passing now lol ........ so not sure the seed story from t.k. we do not even have facts backing that up. we have oregon kid saying florida and thats it. two seeds. the t.k connection is a guess .....

and again, when u really break it down. blue dog started posting in 2004ish.

do we have anything else putting triangle kush at 1992 besides him ? not calling him a liar at all but it would be nice if we had more if we are gonna make her the mother of all og kushes.

we called everything " kind bud " by me in the 90's or n.l.5 or mexican brick ....

Last edited:
cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
I might add all That said please dont consider my posts Hype. I give credit where credit it due. Im a huge fan of Chemdog D , colombian gold, Mid 80's Krptonite and RKS from same time period. few others I could name but those are my all time top 5 favs.

Ive grown tahoe,sfv, abusive,ghost, oger kush seeds,pure,bubb , larry and fire. none truly matched TK in same environments

R

redlife215

Here's a pic of some high octane og just to get some pics in here
IMG 20140902 074555

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
and again, when u really break it down. blue dog started posting in 2004ish.

do we have anything else putting triangle kush at 1992 besides him ? not calling him a liar at all but it would be nice if we had more if we are gonna make her the mother of all og kushes.

we called everything " kind bud " by me in the 90's or n.l.5 or mexican brick ....
Remember hes had a ton of names. dont go by dates. He had at least one or 2 more before that and was on Overgrow.

still didnt answer. have you compared TK to other OG's for yourself?

EVOKE

EVOKE

Back in 94-95 i met this redneck dude that lived in Phlean near Victorville while working at a whole in the wall spot, he and his boys were growing outdoors buds.. after a while of meeting up with him he invited to me his land he told me about how they were growing their buds they dug a trench 3-4 ft deep and placed the plants so they wouldnt be so hi off the ground he told me they were jus using a soil mix that their buddy had given them.. ill never for get the name they were calling it Purple Haze.... i didnt have a scale at that time but he was selling me dime bags later on i found out he was charging me 10 bucks for half a gram....

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah this story seems to get so lost. It seems obvious to me that sour d and og are absolutely related, i just finished a depo of the two and it is more than obvious, the og I used was the fire cut but really just a cut that has been in my area for over ten years. I am not sure if some hermie pollen from a sour d or og or s1 was involved but my palate tells me that the relationship is there.

The og also does seem to me to be something of an anomaly while growing, as it is ridiculously stretchy but then obvious golf ball buds, very interesting and the one common thing about all of them is the skunk profile that can be found within them.

I have posted this in the past but I do know that the Chemdog #4 is closely related to what we used to call "skunk" or "rasta skunk" in montana during the mid to late 80's and finally was over in 91-92 as the rastas in MT were taken down in a large conspiracy, here is a link to the case law: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1078717.html

Anyway this group ran a roadkill skunk that was amazing and distributed throughout CO, WY, MT and other places. Their skunk was easily identifiable as a real road kill skunk, it was phenomenal. When the crew was taken down there were a few seeds that had been made most likely by accident and one of my good friends ended up with one of these. Later when he popped one of them he ended with a pheno that was dubbed "twice as spice", and unfortunately this man ended up passing away and the strain left with him. I remembered the taste fondly and always was on the prowl for her and it was not until I ran into the Chemdog #4 in norcal did I come across the flavor again, so amazing and the one homie that remembers and grew the "twice as spice" completely agrees. Then while growing all three (sour, og, chem) it became more than obvious the similar lineage, some sort of similar grandpa.

Nevertheless, however these strains entered our garden we should be stoked, they are awesome to have and I love the flavors and feel very blessed to be growing them. Now if we could get some real breeders to start making true males of these strains we could really get some new things going.
A pic of og and sour to add:

urban1026835

urban1026835

I will have to go back and watch and pay more attention.

The live chatroom without signing up was too good to pass up. Where else am I gonna be in a conversation with the likes of those amazing growers...most of whom I have no clue who they were/are but you can tell

Gotta link ?
it's live 11:30am MTN time wed

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter

The live chatroom without signing up was too good to pass up. Where else am I gonna be in a conversation with the likes of those amazing growers...most of whom I have no clue who they were/are but you can tell

its not a bad way to kill some time on a wed afternoon. good seeing you there

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Chat room nice info I bet1

urban1026835

urban1026835

its not a bad way to kill some time on a wed afternoon. good seeing you there
you as well. when I am able I will surely be on the live chat from now on...some info there that may not be found otherwise.

Chat room nice info I bet1

more just shooting the shit this time , though there was some genetic lineage being dropped.

Plus there were some allstars in there cannapits inluded

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Kind buds.
The first time i had some dank herb was in 92 when a transfer student i met asked me if i smoked herd so i pulled my brick weed and he laughed at me i was like WTF bro.... he opened this small jar in class and i was holy fukn shit the whole room stunk like a dead skunk the teacher thought a skunk pissed outside the classroom.... later on that morning we ditch class and puffed on a small joint that he called Chronic i couldnt believe how high i got soo high i couldnt feel my leggs walking back to school.... my luck i got caught by the assit principal and sat in his office trippn balls for over 45 mins anywho i got suspended but i was hooked ever since that day..... i asked my new friend what the hell did we smoke he told me it was some LA bud he got from his older brother called Chocolate Thai.... i spend all my summer job money on weed that yr i was paying 10 bucks a gram.... the first time i had real deal OGK aka the Kind was in 95-96 thats as far back the i can remember... living in Victorville at that time my high school homie had acquired a cut of og from his brothers friend in LA... i still visit my homie from time to time and he always has that dank... he doesnt care about internet forums IG or any magazines i asked him to listen to the dunns show and he just laughed at what they were saying... he was telling me his brothers friends were some ese dudes in SFV growing that shit for yrs back in 96 but that it was outdoor weed...

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
you as well. when I am able I will surely be on the live chat from now on...some info there that may not be found otherwise.

more just shooting the shit this time , though there was some genetic lineage being dropped.

Plus there were some allstars in there cannapits inluded

Lol bro. Thanks for the high opinion of me but im no allstar brother. just a regular guy that happens to have a green thumb and half a brain. best wishes.

Sunbrrrn

Sunbrrrn

I grew up on the East coast of FL.

We had TK all the way back in 96-97, didn't know what it was called.. Until I tried some TK and knabbed a clone back in 2003/4, lost her in the 2004 hurricane season.

Same exact flavor as what we smoked in the 90s, the TK cut we got came from Cocoa Beach by way of the Orlando area. Same as the stuff I have bought in CO and CA from legit sources.

Latest posts

Top Bottom