The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

The Seed Bank 1990 Catalogue

Original Afghan Mix

This seed line comes directly from the collection of the late 'Maple Leaf' Wilson, reputedly one of the first collectors of true Afghan seeds. He was called 'Maple Leaf' because he grew some of the first lndicas that had been seen in America, and their broad leaves could only be compared to maple leaves. Our Afghan Mix was propagated from his original Afghan stock, completely unselected, therefore possessing all the variety that existed in the original gene pool. Due to the extreme variation that exists between the seedlings, this mix is recommended for serious breeders and collectors only.

Sold in special breeder's pack of 50 seeds. Price: $150

OGsus

OGsus

The Seed Bank 1990 Catalogue

Original Afghan Mix

This seed line comes directly from the collection of the late 'Maple Leaf' Wilson, reputedly one of the first collectors of true Afghan seeds. He was called 'Maple Leaf' because he grew some of the first lndicas that had been seen in America, and their broad leaves could only be compared to maple leaves. Our Afghan Mix was propagated from his original Afghan stock, completely unselected, therefore possessing all the variety that existed in the original gene pool. Due to the extreme variation that exists between the seedlings, this mix is recommended for serious breeders and collectors only.

Sold in special breeder's pack of 50 seeds. Price: $150
Ill take 10 packs please..... :)

urban1026835

urban1026835

It's all taken like any other info I get in life- with a grain of salt. Believe half what you see & none of what you here and all that.

Doesn't mean I do not enjoy these threads more than others. I left cali in 96-97 so a lot of these strains I never even would hear about if it were not for threads like these.

As for acquiring cuts and all, sure it is nice but at the end of the day I have yet to meet another person where I am that would even know how special it was to smoke some of these let alone trust them to smoke it.

I just like cannatales I guess especially ones that arent full of troll garbage and such. Mis info sure but we will never know & for the most part I would like to believe that any falsehoods presented are at least thought to be the truth by whomever posted them.

Venom818

Venom818

I have no clue in the order of which came first the chicken or the egg. Ive grown all the major og cuts and TK from ricky and my personal opinion is TK has more flavor and more power when dialed in. a few others tend to agree. some dont. I agree a ton of pics and descriptions I hear from breeders dont sound like the TK I knew. No one claims theirs as an s1. A lot have argued with me they have the real deal cause krome passed it to them and he wouldnt give them an s1.. I asked krome for someone once if the cut he passed was the s1 or true cut and his response was he never passed the real cut.

The s1 that supposably grow master and i have looks dead on to the one big ricky posted on IG .I wonder if he's growing the S1 as well ,which i doubt .Would love to samples some of his flowers for comparison

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
tk s1's seem to vary a little in flavor and growth. I doubt hes growing the s1 but anything is possible. when we talk TK is the last thing to ever come up. life is to short and Im not into beating a dead horse lol. his TK is outstanding just like kromes the white is amazing. even if you grow it for years there is a difference from someone who knows everything about the cut. my TK and white never came close to theirs and ive ran both for years lol.

SpiderK

SpiderK

09-02-2010
Nevil

The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4. The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it's presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

The world owes you a big Thank You Jim!
Let me be the first to say that I appreciate the work that you have done.
N.

SpiderK

SpiderK

09-20-2010
Nevil

When I first got the NL varieties, there were 8 types, 1-8.

They came with descriptions, which I published in my catalogue. These descriptions may not correlate with what later developed. The original intention was to purchase seeds from the US NL growers. It didn't work out and supply dried up. I kept the lines separate and inbred them. NL1 and NL2 stabilised into distinct types and NL5 only produced one unique individual.
NL1 was a full blood Afghan indica. One thick main stem, dark green leaves, modest yield with nuggety buds, a little coarse with good resin production, which when ripe went golden. The high was narcotic. The seeds ranged from tiny to massive. I used to love the big ones. Large fat heavily and darkly mottled seeds. Selecting for these seeds made this Afghan even coarser. It was fun to show people these seeds.
The best line of NL1 actually came from the smaller seeded types, better high and bud structure.
There weren't many pure indica lines around in those days. Big Bud, Hash Plant and G13 were pure indicas in my estimation, but were cuttings. NL1 was the only good pure Afghani male line I had.( there was Sams Afghani#1, but that was toxic in a bad way) The NL2 was a Kush.
I put the NL1 out there as a pure strain. I wasn't popular. People would tell me, "give me the pure strains", but if it cost them 10% of their yield they would complain, well try 50%.
The pure indica hybrids were more popular. NL1 x HP and NL1 x G13 were the best. At least people could use the word pure (very popular). But they were good!

I expect that a lot of people holding what they believe to be pure indicas today, would find, if the truth be known, that the sire line traces back to NL1.
N.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Nev   1

Nev   2

Nev   3

Nev   4

Nev   5

Nev   6

Nev 8

Last edited:
true grit

true grit

09-02-2010
Nevil

The Maple Leaf came from a guy known to me as Jim Ortega. We traded seeds for a while. Not only did he supply me with Maple Leaf, but also Garlic Bud and Kush 4. The cannabis smoking world owes him a lot.

The Maple Leaf line provided me with a plant that I labeled Afghan T. This plant is the mother of Super/Ultra Skunk and also crossed well with HzC.

Kush 4, I crossed with NL2(which had the same Kush smell) and this Kush Hybrid is the foundation of todays Kush lines.

Garlic bud has also made it's presence felt and is part of todays super yielders.

Let me say one more thing about ML AfgT. This plant had exactly the same smell as Sams best SK1 but more so. It is the true Skunk archetype. I do not believe for one N.Y. minute that Afghani#1 is behind the SK1, which IMO gives credence to the Mendecino Joe story about SK1.

N.

That's cool, I should be flipping the Kush4 soon and it does look bubba'ish or pre-cursorish. he and others still prefer kush4 to bubbas and that was the 80's seed stock I mentioned earlier. Pretty sure same seed stock he said threw the OG kush phenotypes and they were sifting through that in the 80's

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
What evidences do we have that Orca is that od @SpiderK

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

09-02-2010
Nevil

N.
Thanks to Jim I'm experiencing the beauty of growing Chemdog, Diesel, kush#1 and kush #4 and they are some beauties!
True Living Legend

symbiote420

symbiote420

I've been growing these '88 G13 x Hash Plant my bro ndnguy preserved from Neville's Seed Bank stock for over a year now, I've said it many times before finding out any other info that there were a lot of Chem, OG, and Diesel types in there as far as growth, looks, smells, taste, etc are concerned .....they've all got some of that lemon, skunky, and/or piney odor going on!!

Here's one of threads I brought it up in over at the mag ....there are lots of quotes from Neville in it!
www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=275817

Latest posts

Top Bottom