The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

@Spider- No offense to anyones growing skills, but from looking at even respected homies pix from IC or anywhere back mid 2k's seems like all their grow skill (or products used) have improved greatly and many plants do not resemble what they were posting back then.

SpiderK

SpiderK

@Spider- No offense to anyones growing skills, but from looking at even respected homies pix from IC or anywhere back mid 2k's seems like all their grow skill (or products used) have improved greatly and many plants do not resemble what they were posting back then.

it's more about structure and how the fan leafs look ect ..... none of the t.k.'s today look like ricky's when u study them.

& he said the clone was tired in 2007, already lost 2/3rd its yield ...

SpiderK

SpiderK

I work at a collective so as far as veg/flower shots of this plant, do not have them. However, my buddy is the one who brought it in so I can see what I can do about getting him to take some pictures. They did an outdoor light dep this year so I will have some outdoor shots of Blue Orca as well. He has a thread up on IC but I do not link to other sites as it is a big no no.

I am getting a clone from him soon enough but will take a pic of the baby when it shows up on my doorstep.

cool looking forward to the grow and log.

SpiderK

SpiderK

these are picks posted in 2006 ( wonkanobe ) of Chemdog 91' all the experts agreed as this thread was started by H&L at the time.

somehow the yield has jumped up 80% since then. u can study all the leaf structure and patterns in the fans ect from these old pics. thats not changing.

Ggg
Mmk
Kkki

Last edited:
true grit

true grit

Maybe I'm tripping but the top 2 budding pix look different width and pattern fans than the veg pic- is that what you are pointing out or saying they are the same?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Plants grow different leafs period with lighting and food. No validity to what your saying but I appreciate your researching.

Nspecta

Nspecta

Breeder
these are picks posted in 2006 ( wonkanobe ) of Chemdog 91' all the experts agreed as this thread was started by H&L at the time.

somehow the yield has jumped up 80% since then. u can study all the leaf structure and patterns in the fans ect from these old pics. thats not changing.

@SpiderK ~ This might help with some of the confusion...or just make things more confusing. :confused: This is the problem...JoeBrand/Wonkanobe was given 2 fake cuts of Chemdog '91 before I gave him the real cut from SkunkVA. The pictures High & Lonesome posted in his notorious Chemdog 101 threads from JoeBrand were of one of the Fake CD'91's not of the original cut that Mass G sprouted in '91. I have &/or have grown all of the '91 Chemdog cuts including both fakes Joe received & the '91 Docta sourced & the '91 Loompa sourced...not that this matters, just I have a broader perspective than most folks on the topic.

On a quick Triangle Kush note...when I flower out a freshly rooted cut & don't give it much of any veg time at all...it looks identical to Big Ricky's TK pics from the old days (2004/05).

As for an on topic mention...don't have time to read 21 pages and not sure if anyone's brought this up...but how credible is Dave's story considering he was, what, 17 back in 1991 when he claims to have gotten the OG seeds? :wtf:

SpiderK

SpiderK

@Nspecta

did u not post in the famous chem thread at the time ? they used your other pics chem 1-4 i wonder why they used wonk's pics for the 91'?

when was this found to be a fake , what year ... this thread went on for months with not a peep about fakes ....

& this thread has more truth than most. maybe post the overgrow quotes outing orgnkid as a liar ..... i seen ya' post about having quotes saved from og.

Last edited:
Myco

Myco

So is the current debate in this thread about whether or not a large pool of various OG's are in fact just a few different cuts, renamed and grown in vastly varying environments?

I'd bet a fair chunk of change that to be the case to some degree. Really curious to see what comes to fruition out of the Dunn gig.

This is one of the better OG debate threads, anyway lol.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
thats how the tray looked when I saw the garden. he got more weight having it dialed and using co2 IMO.

SpiderK

SpiderK

ya i can just go off proof of the pics and he said the degeneration is substantial ...... in 06/2007

like i said 99% do not match his fan leaves, they are unique ..... the center leaf is wide and short with wide spacing between the veins ......

V

VEGBLOOMWSUP

@SpiderK

everything you are insisting is subject to everyone having the same grow media, environment, spectrum, veg lights. etc.

i have friends that push 9 leafers out of the same OG im lucky to get 5 out of. and if you're looking at straight serration you may as well just compare finished nugs cause that is what matters. starting to beat a dead horse because all the past info is subject to being true or false as well.... overgrow wasnt a bible was just as much a shitshow as anywhere else... with way more people trying to make a name.

judging leaf pattern will get you nowhere if you dont know how it was grown.

and those two pics you put up are totally different plants. look at the leaves curling up and in vs more sativa long in the second. if thats the same environment or same person, for sure different plants

S

steelcanaries

Hey Nspecta, do you have any pics of your TK cut in bloom indoors? would love to see, if you do, and have the time...thanx

SpiderK

SpiderK

@SpiderK

everything you are insisting is subject to everyone having the same grow media, environment, spectrum, veg lights. etc.

i have friends that push 9 leafers out of the same OG im lucky to get 5 out of. and if you're looking at straight serration you may as well just compare finished nugs cause that is what matters. starting to beat a dead horse because all the past info is subject to being true or false as well.... overgrow wasnt a bible was just as much a shitshow as anywhere else... with way more people trying to make a name.

judging leaf pattern will get you nowhere if you dont know how it was grown.

and those two pics you put up are totally different plants. look at the leaves curling up and in vs more sativa long in the second. if thats the same environment or same person, for sure different plants

the fan leafs structure will not change, the count maybe a little like indoor / out, i understand that. but the leaf itself will not change ...

like i said most t.k. do not mach ricky's posted in 2006. count the veins per center leaf. u get maybe 8 or ten on his center leafs, the short wide centers .... very unique. a good test for the real deal or S1's or S'5 .......

Last edited:
V

VEGBLOOMWSUP

genetic drift explains a lot. a lot of these surviving hack ass 90's grows and being shipped across wherevery brought wherever. i always wonder what kind of abuse my OG's have gone through over the years to get to me. but that explains most of what could be even questioned on most strains until there is factual proof.

urban1026835

urban1026835

I would have to agree with growing environment being huge both at the time the clone is taken and when grown .
I give a buddy of mine the same cuts I run & he is running (supposedly) same regimen/medium/light/ventilation everything, yet the bud he gives me is barely recognizable as my cut. The first few times I chalked it up to 1st or 2nd run of the cut even though I give him my feeding schedule...nope just dropped some off and WTF, nanners in it and just pulled early heat stressed..

I am pretty sorry in comparison to most of you guys when it comes to growing but others really have no business around good genetics because they fuck them up as well.

were talking same general area so no giving him slack for mother natures conditions either.

Top Bottom