The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

genetic drift in 6 years so the fans change that much, ?? really .... lol, ok i guess the apologist for the S1s can hang a hat on that. or every cut is legit now ! everyone can claim drift while taking clones if they dont match others ......

lucky the uk cheese never drifted and we can spot those serration every time ....

so bring on adams bogus testing also !!!!

SpiderK

SpiderK

genetic drifting happens over generations, not from cloning / copy ..... yes a clone can lose punch, yield but that not the same.

...... The process of genetic drift can be illustrated using 20 marbles in a jar to represent 20 organisms in a population.[4] Consider this jar of marbles as the starting population. Half of the marbles in the jar are red and half blue, and both colors correspond to two different alleles of one gene in the population. In each new generation the organisms reproduce at random. To represent this reproduction, randomly select a marble from the original jar and deposit a new marble with the same color as its "parent" into a new jar. (The selected marble remains in the original jar.) Repeat this process until there are 20 new marbles in the second jar. The second jar then contains a second generation of "offspring," consisting of 20 marbles of various colors. Unless the second jar contains exactly 10 red marbles and 10 blue marbles, a random shift occurred in the allele frequencies.

Repeat this process a number of times, randomly reproducing each generation of marbles to form the next. The numbers of red and blue marbles picked each generation fluctuates: sometimes more red, sometimes more blue. This fluctuation is analogous to genetic drift – a change in the population's allele frequency resulting from a random variation in the distribution of alleles from one generation to the next.

It is even possible that in any one generation no marbles of a particular color are chosen, meaning they have no offspring. In this example, if no red marbles are selected the jar representing the new generation contains only blue offspring. If this happens, the red allele has been lost permanently in the population, while the remaining blue allele has become fixed: all future generations are entirely blue. In small populations, fixation can occur in just a few generations ..........

william76

william76

There's a lot more equipment,techniques and available grow info we understand better now than 20 years ago plus stronger nutes/chemicals,couldnt any or all these factors change how a plant looks over the years,plants evolve with there environment after all,all the best,76

soserthc1

soserthc1

There's a lot more equipment,techniques and available grow info we understand better now than 20 years ago plus stronger nutes/chemicals,couldnt any or all these factors change how a plant looks over the years,plants evolve with there environment after all,all the best,76
Roses are still roses and the mums i put out yesterday are still mums , no genetic drift they have looked the same for the last 18 yrs I have been putting them in my lawn

william76

william76

Roses are still roses and the mums i put out yesterday are still mums , no genetic drift they have looked the same for the last 18 yrs I have been putting them in my lawn
I'm talking about indoors,but I see your point,im no expert and that's why I asked,its funny to me,im miles away,doesnt matter what happens with this study/test,the og will still be there,dank will find away,lol,76

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The real history of OG is it came from my exhale

I held my breath in a dream woke up ran to my closet and exhaled into my plants morning first breath

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
The real history of OG is it came from my exhale

I held my breath in a dream woke up ran to my closet and exhaled into my plants morning first breath

They live thru it?
badbreath.gif

H

happy b

so the dude says the bubba cut hermd and hit up the kush cut and thats where bubba kush came from. whats the bubba cut? wish they asked that.
The bubba cut was indeed mentioned.thats what hermed and pollinated the og.i saw an interview whith Matt aka bubba (one of the guys on the phone who invented bubba kush )and he said he killed off the original bubba and as far as he knows it doesnt exist anymore.i think he said it was somekind of northern lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

happy b

Isnt Adam Dunn the owner of TH SEEDS?i thought i heard him mention the strain MK,which is an OG kush G13 cross from TH.he does look like him and he,s from coloroda but i dunno what Adam at TH,s second name is.anyone know if its the same guy?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Isnt Adam Dunn the owner of TH SEEDS?i thought i heard him mention the strain MK,which is an OG kush G13 cross from TH.he does look like him and he,s from coloroda but i dunno what Adam at TH,s second name is.anyone know if its the same guy?

same guy

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Wonder what the latest is on that Ogenome project....
Take it away Adam

H

happy b

Iv got Th seeds ultra sour just about to harvest.sour deisel x mk ultra(obviosly).some dank frosty shit.got snowbud too,seriously frosty pretty dank.good company.sorry,i know thsts not got anything to do with og.

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

Its fun to have a comparative genetic profile, but you are left with which OG resembles the next OG, results speak less to origin and achieves relatives. I'm fascinated with the folklore pointing to a Pakistani plant used in the OG Kush when structure, terpene and affect point to Afghanistan.

H

happy b

Its fun to have a comparative genetic profile, but you are left with which OG resembles the next OG, results speak less to origin and achieves relatives. I'm fascinated with the folklore pointing to a Pakistani plant used in the OG Kush when structure, terpene and affect point to Afghanistan.
Some people will beleive someone elses hyped up "story" about certain genetics rather than their own eyes and experience simply because they WANT what they hear to be true. I loved the history of og kush on the Adam Dunn show.anyone know which number of episode they had Chemdog on the phone?i want to see that but dont want to have to sift through every show to find it.any one any idea?

MJ Indicator

MJ Indicator

Some people will beleive someone elses hyped up "story" about certain genetics rather than their own eyes and experience simply because they WANT what they hear to be true. I loved the history of og kush on the Adam Dunn show.anyone know which number of episode they had Chemdog on the phone?i want to see that but dont want to have to sift through every show to find it.any one any idea?
The same could be said for individuals who DESIRE their breeder heroes to fulfill their penchant for cannabis tabloidism.

Latest posts

Top Bottom