The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

Ya ..... but as nevil has shown us, many older strains are hybrids. So, not sure what the make up of the lemon thai would be and so on ....

Ricky talked about pine tar kush as a parent of t.k. at the time so that strain among others was in his area.

Vic High's forum ran for three years. Never one post about " o.g. kush "

but many about kush, humbolt, cali o, mikado, chemo, romulan,everything was talked about and traded. Mota, BOG, Soul ...ect .....

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

until genome mapping is completed on these strains, it will forever remain a mystery. fact is NOBODY knows for SURE right now. all we have now is speculation and argument.
Lucky for us additional mapping is being done, not just for what's called "OG".

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Whatever happened to blow holes in the theory that Chemdog 91 was a parent? I've never grown it, but I have grown chems sister, and I thought it was a real possibility. They took Chemdog 91 to the east coast and crossed it with massSS to make sour diesel. Took it to the west coast crossed it with a Hindu to make OG. To easy?

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

To me, there is only one OG KUSH; when I first got it in Los Angeles in 1997 the O.G. stood for Original Gangster - and I think that name came from the Ice-T reference in hip-hop; O.G. Original Gangster, which is the fourth album by Ice-T. Released in 1991. O.G. became famous in Los Angeles and mostly within the hip-hop community, as there was Kush - like Hindu Kush sold in Sensi catalogs and commonly grown in Humboldt and Mendocino County, and then there was O.G. Kush - which was always awesome indoor bud, grown by a small group of growers that knew what they were doing and put out a product that became world-famous. All the BS about "organically grown" is hippy fantasy. O.G. was mostly grown in LA, mostly hydroponically and flowered late into its cycle, to the point which there were practically no stigmas and the resin was thick; O.G. was always green and sticky and the bracts fat.

And in regards to Nevil (hash and hugs dear sir) - I can attest that O.G. Kush is not reminiscent of Jack Herer. I was literally standing next to Jack Herer in 1994 when Ben Dronkers christened NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC - Jack Herer at the Cannabis Castle in Holland. That year Jack (the bud) was incredibly spicy and had the aroma of what I would later call "Nevil's Haze" - only because I have had the great fortune of smoking with Nevil in 96'. NL5 x Haze was for a long time my favorite strain and even won the 1996 HT Cannabis Cup in the Hydro category as NL5xHaze x Mist - even though it was grown in soil by a gentleman named Tom, and not a cross with Kali Mist. (And years later I want to say thank you to Nevil for that wonderful evening - if you remember, I found a seed in the bud you gave me to smoke, and when I offered it back to you, you laughed and told me I could keep it. I immediately proclaimed that I hoped it was a female and you said no, that I should hope it was a male, so that then I could mix it will all my favorite females. I'll never forget that perspective, and I thank you for it. That single seeed ended up being a male - unfortunately I lost it in the July 97 raid.)

O.G. Kush is greasy, whereas the Haze is spicy. I have a phenotype that is the best example of Nevil's Haze that I have smoked in North America and the O.G. is practically the polar opposite. After I got out of prison, I met a guy who lit a joint of what he called Super Silver Haze and it smelled like a bud that was handed to me by Nevil that evening in the 90's. I asked him where he got it and he told me that one of his friends had traveled to the Netherlands in 1997 or 1998, and met a guy named Nevil, played chess and smoked together. He bought seeds from Nevil and upon arriving home, picked the female that most reminded him of the Cannabis he smoked with Nevil. He quickly told me that he did not know if the story was true, but I felt it was because the scent of the Haze is unmistakable. He was nice enough to give me a cutting and years later I had both the Haze and O.G. tested by Steep Hill (circa 2009) and the O.G. came back at 20.6% and the Haze at 23.7% THC.

I still call the cutting I have "Nevil's Haze" and not "Super Silver Haze" because I think the sample of SSH that is floating around the San Francisco Bay should (I think) be called "Super Silver Skunk" because it flowers fast and is thick, and it does not have that unique Haze spicy scent. I will post photos of both my Haze and O.G. for the sake of comparison. The Haze I have is smallish buds, flowers in 70 to 77 days and is my morning favorite.

I will also attach some photos of O.G. Kush dried buds that I photographed while smoking with DJ Pooh - Pooh is the music producer for Ice Cube and co-creator of the movie FRIDAY. O.G Kush was practically all he smoked and is a very authentic photo of O.G. (Pooh was also nice enough to bail me out of jail in June 2006, after I got busted yet again, and also was DJ at my first party at the Playboy mansion to benefit the Marijuana Policy Project in 2007.)

Which brings me around to commenting on Dave Richards testimony on Adams show now that I have listened to it all. So much of what he says is to me is absolute fabrication. For instance, Woody Harrelson, who bailed me out of the feds to the tune of $500,000., was in Australia the evening I was raided and Dave is completely lying when he says that he had plans to have dinner at my house with Woody and of all people, Jack Nicholson. I also think that this is a great example of David's "fireside story", as it's one grain of truth mixed with confusion created by Dave's fantasy. Dave has only met Jack Nicholson in his imagination, which is the same place he met Frank. Furthermore, as for sentencing, I had no priors and I can prove it with my pretrial service investigation report. I did 5 years because I would not cooperate, it is that simple. I am currently being prosecuted and Tony Serra is my attorney, specifically because I would not cooperate yet again, after being raided in conjunction with Oaksterdam University and my old friend Richard Lee in 2012. As one week after the raid, I got a call from a very friendly police officer asking me if I would come down and cooperate, and I said no: 10 months later I received paperwork telling me to come on down to state court to go around again. At this point in my life I am numb to the system and have no fucks to give, I am proud that I have stayed true to my friends and Dave is right about one thing, everything did end up really comfortable for me, mainly because I did not stop trying to pick myself up, dust myself off and be grateful that I was still breathing. Cancer did not get me down, and I'll be damned if this stupid plant prohibition is going to do it.

View attachment 478579 View attachment 478580 View attachment 478581 View attachment 478582 View attachment 478583 View attachment 478584 View attachment 478585 View attachment 478586 View attachment 478587 View attachment 478588 View attachment 478589 View attachment 478590 View attachment 478591 View attachment 478593 View attachment 478579 View attachment 478580 View attachment 478581 View attachment 478582 View attachment 478583 View attachment 478584 View attachment 478585 View attachment 478586 View attachment 478587 View attachment 478588 View attachment 478589 View attachment 478590 View attachment 478591 View attachment 478593 View attachment 478579 View attachment 478580 View attachment 478581 View attachment 478582 View attachment 478583 View attachment 478584 View attachment 478585 View attachment 478586 View attachment 478587 View attachment 478588 View attachment 478589 View attachment 478590 View attachment 478591 View attachment 478593
Can you please post the steep hill lab report. Please!!!

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

TOL

We're better off researching the
labradoodle, then figuring out how to recreate OG, not so simple, based on online fiasco

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I have a weird stretchy male from old school paradise HK line. Can't find the 91 but am gonna hit the chems sister. See if I can't find any OG looking phenos. Also going to hit white trainwreck to look for lemon Thai x afgani x HK phenos.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Ya ..... but as nevil has shown us, many older strains are hybrids. So, not sure what the make up of the lemon thai would be and so on ....

Ricky talked about pine tar kush as a parent of t.k. at the time so that strain among others was in his area.

Vic High's forum ran for three years. Never one post about " o.g. kush "

but many about kush, humbolt, cali o, mikado, chemo, romulan,everything was talked about and traded. Mota, BOG, Soul ...ect .....
Wasn't Vic from bc? It would make sense that most of the talk was about strains in that area and not what was going on down here

SpiderK

SpiderK

ya but they had people posting from all corners, breeders hunting strains.

bog, mota, ot1, vic, soul, sub, closet breeders, original breeder of white widow posted selling one pack on some other site for a donation fund. columbian, .... all kinds of strains are mentioned. n.l., haze is talked about at length.

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

@SpiderK - for a moment I thought you were Nevil Schoenmakers - but most obviously you are not. Nevil knows me, and you don't even know when "Jack Herer" was released. Why are you writing in first person and signing it Nevil - when you are obviously not Nevil Schoenmakers?

And yes, I was in and out of jail and I did not lose the O.G. because the guys who were growing it kept giving back to me. And after reading your flippant comments about Woody living out of the country during my bust, all I can think is that you are freaking stupid or drinking out of the same fantasy–fountain as Dave Richards - as Woody still to this day has had the same house in Beverly Hills that he purchased when he was doing Cheers - and surprise, other houses to. If your level of intelligence in regards to regurgitating other people's expertise is reflected in your lack of knowledge of what you speak in regards to Woody – I highly doubt anything you are blabbing about in regards to Cannabis. The memorable evening I wrote about having with Nevil happened sometime in 1996 and up to that point I had never heard of O.G. Kush, our conversation revolved around HAZE. I only first encountered O.G. Kush in Los Angeles in February 1997 and shortly thereafter was given a cutting for the first time.

As for trying to build up my credibility – I really couldn't give two fucks to be know for my gardening abilities, but I do care about people lying about my life, which is what brought me here. I have been growing Cannabis since 1984 and going in and out of jail for it and only it, since I started hanging out with Jack Herer and working on his book. After he passed away in 2010, I released the 12th edition of the Emperor - go read my memorial to him on page 16 if you're having trouble believing what I write here. And yes, I certainly was standing next to Jack in November 1994 when Sensi first opened the Cannabis Castle to the public and presented Jack with his namesake bud. Ask Ben or Alan Dronkers if your memory doesn't serve you, or if because you actually weren't there.

I attended the 1994 Cannabis Cup with Jack Herer after staying at Steve Hager's New York apartment and flying into Amsterdam with most of the HT crew, I also attended the 1995 Cannabis Cup and worked for HT/Steve Hager showing 60 minutes around Amsterdam, and then lived in Amsterdam the entire year of 1996 while working at Positronics, while also working with Simon at Serious Seeds, and even that year as editor-in-chief at High Life magazine, working on publishing an English edition of their Dutch magazine titled Hemp Life (which was released in November 1996 throughout Europe).

As for Woody bailing me out of federal prison – it is public knowledge:
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/BRIEFLY : BEL-AIR POT SUSPECT BAILED OUT BY ACTOR.-a083876073

As for hanging out with rappers, well friends come in all shapes, sizes and colors – at least mine do, living in LA I have met smokers from all walks of life and I really do not care if a person is or is not famous, just if they are kind. Before I went to prison, Woody and I also did college tours and I even spoke at Woodstock 99' > www.spitfiretour.org

For a moment in my life – Dave Richards was a friend of mine, I will attach a photo of he and I which appeared in an Amsterdam newspaper in September 1996, we were both smoking at the HASH-BASH and having a great time. But that was before Dave showed his true colors and I found out he was a liar, later I would find out he was also a government informant with the spine of a jellyfish, and there is not a much better example of that than listening to him give false testimony as to my activities and the people that were at my house on freaking YouTube.

After I got out of prison in 2004, I got back into activism: in 2005 I helped make THE UNION: The Business Behind Getting High, co-produced three parties the Playboy mansion for the Marijuana Policy Project in 2007, 2008 & 2009, and then moved to the Los Angeles Convention Center for my June 2009 THC Expo. In 2010, I worked on and released the 12th edition of Jack's book, in 2011, I worked with Vivian McPeak and we created and released PROTESTIVAL: A 20 Retrospective of Seattle Hempfest, in 2012 I got raided yet again and then went onto received the Cannabis Cultural Award alongside Sir Richard Branson and Dr. Lester Grinspoon from Ben Dronkers, who just happens to be the guy who I was standing in front of when he named Jack Herer the bud. And just last October, we released THE CULTURE HIGH - if you haven't seen it, please do, it has some or my "rapper friends".

@Frostynugman back in 2008/2009 Steep Hill "lab reports" were not much more than a single sheet of paper expressing the percentages of cannabinoids and I did not keep them.

I personally have no doubt that there are lots of copies of true O.G. Kush floating around under various names, because as I said in one of my earlier posts, I was selling cuttings of the famous plant in 2004, 2005 and 2006 all over Los Angeles.

Woody Todd Bill Maher
Aaron Todd DJ Pooh
Todd Jack
Jack Todd
Playboy Mansion 2009
Todd Dave Richards Amsterdam 1996
Bel Air
The Castle
Todd Leaf over Gate
Todd Dave Richards Amsterdam 1996
Simon Todd Wernard
Richard Branson Todd
Todd Woodstock
Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

First off, he lived in costa rica with his family, you should have known that ....

SpiderK

SpiderK

Again, you have no clue on genetics, breeding.... you have provided a pimp lifestyle full of stories.

If your big time why the need for woodies help ? And again, per commercial growing 101 the number one concern is yield per square meter.

Again, i do not keep up with the in's and out's of the show, who you knew & what part and / or level you kept in that group. But a few things, the ass clown oregon kid came from that crew telling story after story, now your cutting up a partner in the crew saying he's a liar but your the only guy with valor. ? Calling daughters asking questions about this or that .... Oregon kid said bubba was a bubble gum cross, who told him this and a c grade breeder knows its an ibl after crossing it or working it.

So what did you do within this group ? Breed ? lets talk,, a grower, what is it what was your part. I don't give a crap about pictures with some rapper, some old guy at a cup in 2010.Show me some full plant shot's of those o.g's, & that haze. Show me some old pictures or give me some knowledge on breeding or something. So far it's a couple close up og shots and a bunch of stories.

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

And another question ....?

Is your o.g. gonna get tested for that show. I lived marketing, color theory, re-touching. Your words are that of a salesman, adding art onto the pictures is another marketing tool. A true head like koot' came on the forums with and old ass kush and never said a word ....., no sales just and old dude into organics.

Hanging with the in crowd, being cool, making money ..... see that real clear.

Head, breeder, man behind the og kush, naw' ....... maybe flip back a few pages and look at koots kush with your buddies bubba next to it. Koot did his cross in 1984, oregon kid your pal said he / his crew did it. So if you were around, clear this up for us .... ?

Last edited:
oahno

oahno

@HEMPxxx just ignore spider he can't help himself heh. we've all gotten sucked into the vortex but he has a lot of good info at the core of it. just his conclusions and opinions are completely off.

thanks for all you've done for the community, for those of us in the know you don't have to give your credits. they proceed you. i bet you're happy as hell seeing legalization on the horizon, finally, 35 years after it almost happened under Carter (norml cocaine scandal sigh...).

the quote from nevil was concerning Diesel/Sour Diesel not OG Kush. i know i've read a quote from him before where he says his best guess is that og kush is a random rare skunk #1 pheno. but he also wasn't 100% sure from what I remember.

I would say the Sour D definitely has some haze in it. The OG Kush almost certainly does not. That thai trait of the duckbill trim leaves is also present in nl5 so I would put good money either straight thai or nl5 is in og kush. Since it was originally an S1, supposedly, it could be showing specific traits of one of the original dogbud parents. Likely skunk x nl like 90% of the non-haze killer bud in the 80s.

And spider, for the last time Bubba Kush is OG Kush by "Bubba", which is almost certainly a straight afghan indica. Stop confusing matters with one random Bubblegum mislead of a post. How many times have you referenced that single oregonkid post in this thread 80+? give it a rest...

SpiderK

SpiderK

blow me buddy from your firsyt post in this thread your an ass clown. look back at every single word you have posted talking shit, attacking me ...

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

please you moron, read the damn thread before questioning me.

oregon fucking kid in black and white said bubba was a bubble gum cross selling that bullshit on icmag ... his bullshit not mine. so ya, he sprang forth from this group, the under ground crew selling og, bubba .... ect.

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

@SpiderK - holy fertilizer – there is no crew! Who are you and what is your real name? Because there is nothing I have less respect for some internet troll hiding behind a pseudonym. If you not going to give your true identity than just shut up. There is few things worse than a coward hiding behind a fake name. And with the comment about Woody was living in Costa Rica - proves you really are just a newspaper reader.

I'm not hiding anything – I am just clarifying some bullshit some dumbass that I met in Holland is talking about in a public forum, and trying to bring some light onto a conversation that I happen to know a lot about. I don't know how many people in this form have been growing OG since 1997, but – I have, that is, when I'm not in prison.

I have been a loner grower since I started growling in my closet and I have no plans on changing. I met Dave Richards at the Greenhouse Cafe and had nothing to do with much of the stupidity he is talking about. Dave is living vicariously through other people's lives, he somehow fabricated Frank's bust into his imagination as being part of it because he simply looted a raided grow site. Frank's daughter contacted me to bring this information to light, I never bothered to contact her first because I did not know Frank. Dave is also blatantly fabricating his stories involving me, which is really why I came on this forum, to clarify the bullshit he was spreading.

Dave Richards met Peter McWilliams because Peter gave me a rather sizable book advance to produce not just my book titled; "How To Grow Medical Marijuana" which was released in 1998, but he also wanted me to put together grow websites and create grow videos.

Woody bailed me out of jail on his own regard, and I am thankful he did it because there's no way I would've been able to come up with $500,000 in cash. And I am not a commercial grower, if anything I am a producer, as I produce books, movies and events. In 97' Peter was a multimillionaire and Dave was quick to become a bottom feeder trying to impress Peter and get his hands on some money, I quickly regretted ever letting David meet Peter. However, what I was doing at my house was my own project and had nothing to do with other people's commercial interests. After I got busted in 1997, there is evidence that David and Peter and others were pursuing commercial interests, but I had nothing to do with it. In 1998 Jack Herer and I were working together on the rerelease of the Emperor.

I don't give two shits about breeding - in my opinion, most people are just mixing together the same old strains and calling it their own. My goal upon returning from Amsterdam was to simply identify the various strains available to me and categorize them by the amount of time they took to flower, and the cannabinoid levels they produced. I was hoping to start doing cannabinoid analysis of my plants back in 1997, so that I could start publishing the information in hopes that we could all have a better understanding of what was available in the Cannabis world.

After having cancer 10 times – my life goal is not to make a lot of money, my goal is to spread the truth about cannabis, as I feel that I owe the plant a great deal, as I believe it was instrumental in me overcoming my childhood disease.

SpiderK

SpiderK

more stories ....

thanks, ... so as the thread proves anybody who says they have the original is full of crap.

oahno

oahno

Just wanna add I don't know for sure but pretty sure you put up a percentage on bail like that say 10%. 50k still a large chunk of dough though and he is still on the line for the 500. have to watch jackie brown again to figure it out heh.

Spider...not one single person is disagreeing with you that Oregonkid either knowingly or unknowingly lied about the origins of Bubba Kush in a one-off post in 2004. But yet you keep bringing it up as if it is relevant to anything at all, it isn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom