The lair of Dbear

• Thread starter Dbear180
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Srenots

Srenots

Still shaking off the light stress but things are going smooth. Put a tray in this morn when I watered to help with the lil bit of runoff that happens now & just in case I'm still working outta the tent once they are moved to the 1 gals. Tray used to be for mixing up & hydrating my ss#4 but I saw some thick cheap kiddy pools the other day & honestly, the channels in the tray get kinda annoying scraping the last of my dirt outta there, so ima make the switch.
View attachment 938556

this pic just fed? u got some killer salad, good vibes sent,close to repot time from the solos

Last edited:
Dbear180

Dbear180

this pic just fed? u got some killer salad, good vibes sent,close to repot time from the solos

Yep 2nd weak feed of floranova & great white, they took the 1st weak feed well. I pulled one outta the cup to check the roots (I shoulda took a pic) but they look good, nice & white, not quite balled up yet & holding together as a solid mass well. Right on schedule 👍 gonna be a lil late for a 4/20 finish but oh well, its alway 420 over here anyway 🤷‍♂️

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Very nice. I use to raise African cichlids in a 180 gal and had a 100 for angels. Now I don't even have a betta. Gotta get some more golffish for a 15 gal barrel by the pool. I miss not keeping fish. I'd rather watch fish than TV.
I used to breed African Cichlids about 10 years ago. Great hobby but become too much. The future grow room is the old fish room lol my germination station is an old double 55 gal stand lol that albino red is a good Looking fish! I go through my OCD phases. Growing it is! MWHAHAHAHA

Dbear180

Dbear180

7 runs outta the same batch of material, went full spectrum. 190,160,45. It's much more blonde than I thought it would be, looks a lil darker in the photo, that really dark chunk is outta the 160 bag. Gonna air dry it & press it later see if I can get me a dango temple ball stash goin 😵

20200208 193931

Dbear180

Dbear180

I pressed this piece real thin between parchment paper & a rolling pin & the heat of my hands. Dabbed it, left a lil crap in the banger but whatevs. Pretty decent for being processed less than 12 hours ago 👍 the pieces I put on bowls liquified 👌. The stone is very much a creeper compared to that instant blast to the dome I get from my wax, much more intense in the body as well, can already tell smoke too much of this & you'll get nothing done. I kinda dont wanna get out of my chair & that was just one dab 😵

20200209 075553

Dbear180

Dbear180

Moved to the 1 gallons today, they were kinda not stoked about being in the solos anymore & I hate watering every day or two so occasionally I would skip another day than I should have lol. Roots look good tho, growth should start hitting rev limiter soon now that we are moving to bigger pots. Gonna fim em in a few days after they adjust to being in the 1 gals & we'll go from there. Gonna clone everything & put those under 12/12 in a few weeks to help separate the boys from girls without actually throwing the whole plants into flower.
20200211 112023
20200211 101512

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Moved to the 1 gallons today, they were kinda not stoked about being in the solos anymore & I hate watering every day or two so occasionally I would skip another day than I should have lol. Roots look good tho, growth should start hitting rev limiter soon now that we are moving to bigger pots. Gonna fim em in a few days after they adjust to being in the 1 gals & we'll go from there. Gonna clone everything & put those under 12/12 in a few weeks to help separate the boys from girls without actually throwing the whole plants into flower.View attachment 939981View attachment 939982
So how long do you 12 hr them to get the boys to show themselves? Or how long is too long on 12s and what happens if you messed up and left in too long in flower?

Dbear180

Dbear180

So how long do you 12 hr them to get the boys to show themselves? Or how long is too long on 12s and what happens if you messed up and left in too long in flower?

Itll take about two weeks. I used to throw everything into flower to sex & as soon as I saw a for sure indicator, back to veg... But it kinda stunts them a little & slows me down for a few weeks too & I'm trying to avoid that this go round. So instead I'll take cuttings, stick em in rooters & throw those under 12/12 & while they root they will show sex as well. After that I can toss the cuts & take new ones of the girls the week I move them into flower... or just keep the cuts if they don't flower too hard idk what I'll do yet.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I use to use untreated tap to make weekly 20% water changes for years with no issues and still recommend a 20% change at least every other week. Fish waste (ammonia) is turned into nitrite by bacteria living in the gravel and filter media and other bacteria trun that into nitrate which can build up and cause problems in an aquarium. Not to mention all the crap that settles in the gravel/substrate. I used a faucet pump (attaches to a faucet spout and can suck water or fill) and a large clear tube on the end of a clear hose so I could suck the gravel clean every week then add fresh water to refill the tank. Clean aquariums and healthy fish.

The cities are adding more water cleaning agents that need to be neutralized and we're finding some of the chemicals are carcinogenic. I'm even treating my nute water after killing all my goldfish.
I used to bucket the fish shit water to my veggie garden. Lol seemed to work well! As far as treating city water for fish. Seachem Prime is the best. I do frequent water changes on minnows for fishing and can keep them for weeks in a cooler with air stone and spiralina flakes.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Another half day sesh of playing with the Boldtbags, gonna knock out one more before I call it quits for today. Not that bad doing it all by yourself, but having a helper last weekend def made things go faster. Top batch is from last weekend, gonna let it dry for another week & then get to pressing it into temple balls.

Also found a seedling today that popped up from either last years outdoor or potentially from the year before, bugs have been getting it pretty good tho.

20200215 165411
20200215 102407

Dbear180

Dbear180

Ahhhh man 4 hours and a stiff back later, finished the other batch lol

I'm excited to see how these all turn out, could def smell a difference between this batch of material & the last in the washer.

20200215 210516

Top Bottom