The Maxy Pad..."Straining" at the seams!!! (Take a peek...ROC, BOG, Bodhi, Green Goo Labs, & MORE!!!

• Thread starter Max Frost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

MAXY PAD
:cool: :eek: WEEK 4 UPDATE o_O :confused:

Hey Farmers!

It's been a good week in da Pad! Things are still progressing nicely and the plants are growing fast. I elected to forgo CO2 supplementation at least for the time being, but I'm finding myself wondering what things would be looking like with it! haha! I guess that's the nature of this hobby! Always wanting to take it to the next level! Well, I know y'all don't want to hear me ramble, so I'll dive right in. Got a big one with some good plant pics this time!

Let's start out with a few shots of the room, then we'll look at the strains...

First

Second

This is week 4, and the tops are forming up nicely! Trying to run so any strains is going to guarantee a wild looking room! The plants range from 6-1/2 feet tall down to about 3 feet. They were all flipped at the same time under the exact same circumstances, so genetics is the main wild card in that equation. I don't have the room dialed in as well as I want it yet tho, so some of the stretch could be my fault. I'm not too worried about it, because this is primarily a mother-hunt. I won't be running this any strains all the time (who the fuck am I kidding, right?!! lmao). Well....I don't "PLAN" too, anyway! haha. Here's the tall-side of the room...

Tall end

and the smaller side where the Indys are hanging out! "Kush-corner" ;) (I've got 'em a little scrunched up in the pic so I could walk around). Sorry.
Small end

Center

As this round is a other-hunt, I really didn't want to do much pruning or any training this round. I like to see and get to know the plant just letting her do her own thing on the first run. (It's amazing what all you can learn about them doing this, IMO). Next round, I'll be topping and pinching, and using some defoiliation and lollipopping to see if we can't get the yield up by maxing out the space and the plants. Or...better known as getting it dialed! lol. :confused:
Forming

I just thought this was a cool pic the way it took with the light glowing from above. I don;t have a good camera...just the cam in the phone. But as a camera...it's a pretty good phone!
Cool

Alrighty...let's look at some strains now!

First up, (and these are in no particular order) is ROC's Blackberry x Romulan:

@ ROC - If you drop by brother, please share with us some info on this strain. I'd love to know the lineage and and grow info such as how long you flower her, pheno diferences...basically anything you can share with us. It has a great, sweet fruity-skunky smell right now...

BBxRom Whole

BBxRom Bud1

BBxRom Bud2

Next are Green Goo's Blueberry S1's. I have 3 plants running. I don;t know if they're different phenos yet or not. They are looking different in soe aspects and identical in thers. I'm not sure if the differences I' seeing are more genetic or environmental.

@ Green Goo - If you have an opinion on this, I'd love to hear it. also, any info on these would be appreciated too. anyway, here are

GREEN GOO LABS' Blueberry S1's: (My plant numbers 17, 18 & 19)

(Number 17):
BB 17

(Number 18):
BB 18 Whole

(Number 18 - Bud):
BB 18 Bud

(Number 19):
BB 19 whole

Here's the Devil's Tear. This is supposed to be a chocolate/raspberry indica, and she is selling delicious!!! I can't quite describe the smell. It doesn't smell like either yet, but I could def see it going there! I'm AMAZED at the height on her. She is one of my six-footers. It's supposed to be a heavily indica dom, isn't it Green Goo? Another one that surprised me (as you'll see in a minute is ROC's Grape Romulan. I've got a six footer of that strain too and I know it's an indy-dom!! Anyway...this one is:

DEVIL'S TEAR:

Devils Tear Whole

Devils Tear Bud

Well...this thing is once again telling me I can't upload any ore pics in this message! So, I'll split it off and make two posts. Back in a flash...

MAX

Max Frost

Max Frost

MAXY PAD

PART II​

Well...this thing is once again telling me I can't upload any ore pics in this message! So, I'll split it off and make two posts. Back in a flash...

OK...so here is ROC's Grape Romulan. I'm REALLY excited about this strain. Right now it has a grapey as hell smell! Like Grape koolaid or something else that's grape & familiar. I have two plants going of the Grape Rom too. One of the wound up at 6'-5" after the stretch. The other is still around five feet tall, so they're going to be beasts in a few weeks! I have several friends who have grown this strain and she's been the best yielder in their rooms. I'm so anxious to see how she finishes out. I just hope she keeps the grape sell and taste!!

@ Chem (G.G.), MGG, Fero or anyone else who's grown it... please feel free to post up a shot of two of yours if you like. It'll let people know what's possible! ;)

ROC's GRAPE ROMULAN:

Grape Rom #1:
GR 1 Whole

Grape Rom #1:
GR 1 Bud1

Grape Rom #1:
GR 1 Bud2

______________________​

And the other Grape Rom plant... (#4)

This one is a little over 5' tall. I' expecting these to really pack on some weight in a few weeks and get huge!! I'm already worried how I'm going to support the in these Hempy's! I've got a couple staked, and it's doing ok...but I'd like more or better support.

Grape Rom #4:

GR 4 Whole

Grape Rom #4:
GR 4 Cola

Grape Rom #4:

GR 4 Bud2

Grape Rom #4:
GR 4 Bud1

Grape Rom #4:
GR 4 BigFAN

As long as we're going grape...let's look in on Green Goo's Grape Stomper cross! :D This one is the...

Grape Stomper x Tahoe OG /Grape Stomper Bx a.k.a.:

(There are two plants (or phenos) of this strain too)

Tahoe Earthquake (Grape Stomper cross) # 47:
GrSTOMPER 47 Whole

GrSTOMPER 47 Bud1

GrSTOMPER 47 Bud2

And the other Grape Stomper cross...(#49):

Tahoe Earthquake (Grape Stomper cross) # 49:
GrSTOMPER 49 Whole

GrSTOMPER 49 Buds1

GrSTOMPER 49 Buds

Now for one I'm REALLY getting excited about!! This is Green Goo Labs Lemango! G.G. gave us a little info on it a few posts up, so if you're just catching this thread, you can scroll back for more detailed info on this strain.

Green Goo Labs Lemango: (There are also two plants/phenos of this strain)

So far, this plant is looking like she's lining up to be a yield leader this run! It's way too early to call a winner on that, but she' trying to gain a bit of a headstart on the others! haha!

Green Goo Labs Lemango # 21
LeMango 21 Whole

LeMango 21 Buds

_______________________​

This is the other Lemango plant, # 22:

Green Goo Labs Lemango # 22
LeMango 22 Whole

LeMango 22 Buds

LeMango 22 Buds1

As you can see...I' getting a bit of a N deficiency here on this plant. This is the only plant in the grow showing signs of an N def tho, so I guess she just likes a little more or maybe for a little longer into flowering...but with the Lucas formula...I' not sure how to accomplish getting her ore N! I'll be texting you G.G.!! lol. I guess I could bump up the Micro, since that's where the N in this style is. I'll def check with you before I do anything diff tho! I don't wanna screw this one up!

LeMango 22 N Def

The sell on the Lemango is a STRONG lemon scent already. Almost like a chemical/lemon smell...kinda like Lemon Pledge. There's something else there too, but can't quite make out what it is. It's very fruity/skunky tho. This is a very interesting strain, and looks like she's gonna be a top yielder too!

Well...I'm running out of room yet again! I'll have to break this up into a 3-parter. Back in a flash!!!

MAX

Max Frost

Max Frost

MAXY PAD

PART III
The Saga Continues...

OK...Round 3!! lmao!!

Here's a couple of Reserva Privada strains I'm running. These were both from gear gifted to me by my good pal Don Peppy (Thanks DP!!) for my B-day last year. I ran the Skywalker before and just fuckin' LOVED it!!! It had a very pungent lemon/fuel taste that stayed on your tongue forever!! Knockout stone, and for an OG...was a GREAT yielder. I'm hoping I get as lucky with this plant and get a good keeper of this strain!!

Reserva Privada's SKYWALKER KUSH:

I didn't top this plant or do any manipulation on her, but she still let her branches outgrow her top cola. You don't see that often! Should make for a plant that will naturally want to form into a good bush-shape when I do start pinching/training.

Reserva Privada SKYWALKER KUSH:
SKY Whole

SKY Buds

SKY Buds1

SKY Buds2

The other R.P. strain I'm running is OG-18. Both Don Peppy and Mr.GreenGenes tell me it's knock-out meds. They both said, if you like the Skywalker Kush, you gotta try the OG-18. Well, I like the Sky, so just trying to do what I gotta do!! ;)

Reserva Privada's OG-18:

It doesn't look like it's going to be much of a yielder so far, but it's still too soon to tell anything definite. I've seen it ALL change up in the last few weeks. Anybody who's grown it please post up your experience with it and let me know what's in store! Thanks!!

Reserva Privada OG-18:
OG 18 Whole

Reserva Privada OG-18:
OG 18 Buds

Here is Sannie's Selene crossed with Holy Princess. Shit...G.G., I've forgotten if this is your work or not! So sorry!! I've got too any to keep up with! lmao...it's all running together. (I mean...it's NOT like I'm stoned or anything)!! lmao!!;)

Sannie's Selene X Holy Princess:

She's a tall gal!! If this plant fills up like I think it's going to, this will be a great yielder too!!

Sannie's Selene x Holy Princess:
Sel

Next up are a couple of strains I'm running from the Farm's own Aligee
. I'm running his Trainwreck x Sourbubble and his Wifey x Sourbubble. The wifey is actually Whitefire or WiFi crossed with an exceptional pheno of BOG's sour Bubble. This one promises to be a one-hit wonder!!

First, here's the Trainwreck cross...

Aligee's Trainwreck x Sourbubble:

Aligee's Trainwreck x Sourbubble
TWxSB Whole

Aligee's Trainwreck x Sourbubble

TWxSB Buds

And here's Aligee's Sour Wifey... (WiFi x sourbubble):

Aligee's Sour Wifey (WiFi x Sourbubble)
WiFiXSB Whole

WiFiXSB Buds

WiFiXSB Buds1

WiFiXSB Buds2

WiFiXSB Buds3

BOG's SOUR STRAWBERRY KUSH:

And...last but not least is BOG's Sour Strawberry! this is a strain that I'm excited about and curious. I've ran it twice before, and still haven't found the phenos I'm hoping to see. (Of course I've only grown out like 4 or 5 plants so far, so can't complain yet). This strain is composed of Strawberry Cough, The Razz & ECSD, so you KNOW with those genetics, there are some interesting plants that could spring forth!! I'd love to get the strawberry pheno, or even the Razz pheno I've heard is turning up some. anyway, I've lost my numbering on them and now I am not sure which is which, so I just put them together. They really didn't seem to mind!

BOG's Sour Strawberry Kush:
SSK Whole

SSK buds

SSK buds1

And, we've got our clones rooted and vegging in the Hempy Solo cups. I' trying to let these go as long as I can before deciding what to put in to flip for next round. I need to be working with the in veg. Problem is, I'm still flying blind and don't know which I'll most want to re-run.

Clones

Thanks for dropping in and hanging around for all that! SHIT...that was a long one wasn't it!!! Haha...Took 3 posts to get it all in. We may have to run a poll to see how often you stoned MoFo's doze off and fall asleep before you make it all the way thru! haha! Hell...I've done it while posting! ha! As always...comments and questions are ALWAYS welcome! Til next time folks...Love, Peace & Chicken Grease!! Best, -Max

P.S. A couple of things I forgot to mention... the "m" on my computer is on the fritz & doesn't always work. I thought I caught most of them but I see now I missed allot. Sorry! Also, my plants are not nute-burned. The browning around the edges, and the tip burn are both from letting my pH get too low. Gotta remember to calibrate often folks!!

Last edited:
Max Frost

Max Frost

2 gal, yes. These were actually from Walmart tho (from whence all good things come)! I've also seen them as 2-gal "mop buckets" at Dollar General, so wouldn't be surprised if they're not the same thing you're talking about. Pretty common.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I know you run them as hempy buckets but could you elaborate as to the depth of each layer of medium and height of drain ? I'm seriously considering switching from organic soil to hempy buckets. Thanks Max!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

You're killin it brother. Some really great lookin, healthy plants and a nice variety of strains. Its obvious the time and attention to detail you put into you're garden bro. I know it takes a lot to update this journal in such an in depth manner, along with the garden and work schedule. Thanks for takin the time my friend. Cant wait to see this first run finish. Again, awesome job man. MGG

Max Frost

Max Frost

I know you run them as hempy buckets but could you elaborate as to the depth of each layer of medium and height of drain ? I'm seriously considering switching from organic soil to hempy buckets. Thanks Max!

Sure bro! No prob. It's just simplicity itself!! I germ in rapid rooter plugs and once germed, they go into the solo cups where I just give them BioRoot and water for the first couple leaf sets. Then I switch over to the Lucas formula at 1/4 strength and up the concentration about every week by another 1/4 until it's at full strength. For the medium...in the solo cups I use abut a 50-50 mix of coco and perlite. (The coco really helps them retain moisture and wick it up). When I up-pot to the 2 gal buckets, I use all #3 perlite. I just put my rootball from the solo cups directly into the perlite. They take right off, and you can really tell when the roots hit that rez!! Speaking of which, they say to make your hole in the hempy about 2" up, but I put 3 holes in the bottom of the buckets, and use a deep 4" dish to set them in. I just keep the water level in the dish at about 2-3". It's much easier, because you can tell at a glance what the water level in the rez is. That's all there is to it. Feel free to ask any questions here, or hit me up via PM if you like. Happy to help anyway I can!! Best of luck bro!! -Max

Max Frost

Max Frost

You're killin it brother. Some really great lookin, healthy plants and a nice variety of strains. Its obvious the time and attention to detail you put into you're garden bro. I know it takes a lot to update this journal in such an in depth manner, along with the garden and work schedule. Thanks for takin the time my friend. Cant wait to see this first run finish. Again, awesome job man. MGG

Thanks so much brother!! Those kind words are really appreciated! It is allot of work..but it's a labor of love. Rather than make me more tired, I find coming in and working in the garden very relaxing after a bitch of a day at work. Thanks again MGG, and thanks for all your help and support over the years!! If you feel like it, post up a pic or two of some of your Grape Roms. (For those that don;t know it...MGG fuckin' KILLZ this strain in his own garden!! Puts my shit to shame)!! Thanks again bro!! Best always! -Max

Max Frost

Max Frost

Yeah man that lem #22 is a fuggin beast bro.def got lots of I j flavors kickin around in this hizzy, nice work.

Haha...thanks six! Yeah, she's def trying to lead the way!! There ARE lots of hopefully really good flavors coming! I am looking forward to getting my moms chosen tho, and settling into fewer strains and focusing on getting the most out of them!! That'll be fun! Thanks again! Best, -Max

GreenGooLabs

GreenGooLabs

Edit:Man the smoking a sativa /old unkown Chem at 4am really got me typing lol sorry guys

Your doing great Max and I see people are loving the grow method it's the same when I started it about seven years ago everyone that came over had to do exactly what I was doing but they started stearing to the 20 bottles of nutes hype lol and went down hill so it's one of them things were that has to be left alone and less is better or less is more ;) so it's a very simple grow style that is cheap , easy and gives the best product I've ever had from any other grow method . people have told me I should write a book on it but it be real short since all I did was get online and find out the cheapest way to grow hydro when I first started back up and was growing medical legally and this was the way so as I gained money I started other methods again and always went back to this one so this is the winner for me and I'll never turn back again ;) but everyone has there preference and I've shared this with many others and they just couldnt hang but these were people that had trouble also had trouble growing other ways also so got to have a little green thumb atleast lol

the lemango I wouldnt worry too much about now that i seen the pic i was thinking you meant all the leaves were starting to yellow but them just at the bottom is not that bad it's actually just the way the lemon G always was but was more uptop when it was actually being an N whore and what i can see is just their natural process since it's such a tall plant and a big Yielder also so im surprised some of the others arent fading at the bottum yet but they may more at the end and some may not. some will go to finsh all green others will show N defiency as they finsh since there gonna pull a lot more nutes from the bottum since there older leaves so you can up the micro as I told you or just leave it and it will be fine and dandy lol it's just Kinda as some call it fading away like in the fall now if all the leaves were yelling from top to bottom then I would worry about it but it looks like it's not up top as said and when you start to lollipop and if you keep one you will not see that problem but it is definitely a beautiful plant and one of all of my patients all-time favorites it's better than the lemon G mom itself which im not a lemon fan ....well wasn't till this girl came along so it is always going to be a keeper in my garden and your right it's a lemon pledge skunky sweet and sour smell and taste when you get to taste it you will definitely love how it stays with you long after you take a good hit ...like a coat of resin in your mouth ;)

Well hope I didn't miss anything but all i know is man I have recently found after twlking to a few others breeders out there that some of the clones i have are def old and harder to find then I knew and were said to be gone on some of them for good so i all of a sudden have a few new friends ;) lol but def will make it so these clones are not hoarded and put out there so there always around and luckily I didn't listen to my uncles and grandpa who always said seed oredering was a rip off since most seed i have kept working all these years are now very rare and sought after and some still are for sale but from what I've been reading there not the same anymore due to this raise in people breeding and seed sales made for more watering down and poor make selection which is sad since it seems to be a lost art.. I was always tought to breed for making better strains not to make more names and money so sadly that's what I see a lot of now is hype and just crossing out all the good stuff or using weak males but hope people start seeing this problem and see what us oldschool breeders laying deep in the underground all these years have to offer since I have recently got a few old hermits to contribute some old school work to greengoolabs so "we're" which started as me are already GROWING before we even got started but im a serious canna junkie so i live and breathe cannabis ....literally ;) and am in no way doing this for cash cause trust me when ya see the years I've put into this work and hours of hearing the wife bitch everyday about how this Mary Jane is making her jealous lol that's when my work will be seen for the sweat and headaches put into this hobby .. It's an art and i def love it and life would def not be the same id I wasn't popping 100s of seed at a time just to hopefully find one male and maybe even a female just so I'll have another flavor to add to my list lol so this is all fun and games and not profit at all

Anyways again max your in for a treat and killing it for sure bro and when your ready by then I'll have more dank ready that even gave me a hard on lmao it just keeps getting better also im wondering the same about the @ROC blackberry rom as far as what blackberry was used since i know there's the Og and a kush but also a straight blackberry

Peace my friends and keep it growing green and gooey
GGL genetics
Instagram: greengoolabs

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Wow my brother!. Amazing update. Or updates.. Plants looking stellar. Sorry I missed your birthday this year, but SANTA will not bro. And please grab a giant indica fan leaf & substitute it for a fig leaf for the Naked and Afraid episode! Leave the sativa leaf for me bro!lol. Best always my brother. The Don

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Wow my brother!. Amazing update. Or updates.. Plants looking stellar. Sorry I missed your birthday this year, but SANTA will not bro. And please grab a giant indica fan leaf & substitute it for a fig leaf for the Naked and Afraid episode! Leave the sativa leaf for me bro!lol. Best always my brother. The Don
LMFAO! Funny shit DP...

DismalDude

DismalDude

Man,your grow is just stellar.I was sitting here and trying to find the best word to describe it and I think it fits.Everything just looks wonderful!

Top Bottom