The next grow and others.

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

Thank you for the HUGE help, it means allot. I do not have a carbon filter, I have been looking at them, so many , I don't know which one to get. lol any suggestions? Plus I am not concerned with smell, not an issue if it does, a nice advantage. Do carbon filters offer anything else other than getting rid of the smell? Please don't consider this a silly question, I do not know enough about them, yet.

I have the duct , an 6" inline fan, and a 600w HP cool tube light, all I needed for the current closet grow. So want to sent the tent up proper. Going to get another fan and duct, i hope tomorrow for intake.

Thank you again for your help :)
You're quite welcome.It took me trial and error to figure out what works best in a 4x4 tent.If you're not worried about odor then you have no worries at all. ;)
You could actually hook your fan to the exhaust side of your light and suck it out of the tent and then have a duct run as an intake to the outside of the tent.Use the other intake fan for fresh air.Just a thought. ;) I have to worry about odor so let me make this clear.If you need a carbon filter,Phresh is the only name you need to know.

Icristal

Icristal

You're quite welcome.It took me trial and error to figure out what works best in a 4x4 tent.If you're not worried about odor then you have no worries at all. ;)
You could actually hook your fan to the exhaust side of your light and suck it out of the tent and then have a duct run as an intake to the outside of the tent.Use the other intake fan for fresh air.Just a thought. ;) I have to worry about odor so let me make this clear.If you need a carbon filter,Phresh is the only name you need to know.

Thank you again, right now not worried about odors,,,,but will sure look into the one suggested. :) ;) Might become an issue as the grandchildren get older though, lol

Icristal

Icristal

New tent just after setting it up, not full of all yet in this picture. Started with my 4ft and 2 two ft cfl's., while waiting for new light set up to keep things vegging. Received new light today and will be setting it up in the next week. Using 600w MH for veg and 1000w HP for flower. I have another ballast when running the 600w MH. Graduating, lol Old flower room is now a veg room, but I have the spare HP light/equip. to keep as flower room too.
1 2
Next run in flowering pots and getting ready to go soon, and some little ones just hanging out till ready to move up, lol
20150412 163255

DC105

DC105

Looking great @lcristal. I personally like putting my exhaust fan outside my tent pulling heat out of the tent. It let's the cooler air at ground level to enter the passive openings and draw up thru the tent. You can do inside like mentioned earlier, probably just up to u. I always liked pulLing air rather than pushing in the tent. Keep it green.

Icristal

Icristal

Looking great @lcristal. I personally like putting my exhaust fan outside my tent pulling heat out of the tent. It let's the cooler air at ground level to enter the passive openings and draw up thru the tent. You can do inside like mentioned earlier, probably just up to u. I always liked pulling air rather than pushing in the tent. Keep it green.

Yes I agree, I have not moved it inside and really think it is in the right place outside. I have 1 more fan to get for intake to maintain the air a little more. But the quirks of setting this up is fun and interesting and exciting all at once, lol. Currently under a 600w MH light. Temps currently at 80f, nothing higher, moved thermo around tent to check for hot spots, found one, right under light where bulb screws in, so slid plants aside a little.

The plants are very close to flipping, a few more adjustments and we will be good to go. I am so looking forward to these plants (TOGC x WCD), so far no runner like the males I have seen before, so hoping they are all females. I have 4 to test out. Plus a few others in there with them, 2 bag seed, just for kicks, have had good luck with past ones, so why not, lol, and 2 mojo kush and will have to be sexed as well. And my reveg lady in hydro, she will be taken out when I flip, she is too tall for this run, plus waiting on clone I took yesterday to root before she is flipped.

And the veg room (former flower room) is full, 3 more mojo kush, 2 togc, 1 wcd, and 2 that I forgot to label at transplant that could be togc or wcd or slh, hahahaha I like surprises. Also 2 GSC and 2 kush.

And popping the SMS, for outdoor growing, have been waiting all winter to grow this one outside as it is a sativa dominant I believe. So setting up the outdoor stuff as well.

The 99goji was pulled, it stopped growing and was seeding out. It was 5 weeks and it was one of the stickiest plants I have ever handled, it was loaded with resin, beside seeding it was dropping leaves and wilting, so clipped it.

Thanks for stopping in @DC105 nice to see you here. How's your gardens doing?

preview (there is something over the end of the vent hose now, this was taken just before fixing it.lol) Had a little taco leaf going on then too, heat stress and light change, but all are good now. Adjust, adjust, adjust. TOGC x WCD are the top middle and the 3 on the right side.
20150417 153221

DC105

DC105

Looking great girl! Everything looking healthy. You will be happy worth those I feel confident. My garden is good. I haven't been able to flower due to my daughter being admitted to the hospital. We've been out of town and I didn't want them to stretch in the light on me. I'm flowering this week tho and have a couple other locations that we've already started flowering. Keep up the great work!

Icristal

Icristal

All the plants in the above picture are now in flower , except for the one in the hydro bucket. In the tent is TOGC X WCD,,Mojo Kush,,,and a couple of Bag Seed plants just for kicks. All are looking great and ready to rock and roll. I had a small issue with a few, but found out they do not like to be sprayed, but the others love it, very interesting. So lets see how many ladies I can get from this group. Not seeing any run away plants like past males, so hoping things have changed.

All are in FFO soil, with FF trio of nutes and Cal/Mag if needed. Also home made maple syrup in a few weeks. There are in 5 gallon cloth pots and 3 gallon cloth pots.

Started out under CFL's, finished veg under 600W MH, and flowering under a 600w HP, I do have a 1000w, but this is the first grow in the new tent, so want to see how all react since I have used 600w before. But this new light fixture is almost wall to wall in the tent, it floods the tent, so we will see how it goes for a week. If I find I can control the heat (getting warmer weather here now) and air flow, then will hook up the big guns, lol Managing temps at lights on 78 to 80 F, and RH around 40%. Lights off 68F, 35%RH.

Will update when they show there gender, lol

As for outdoor plants, 3 ready to go into there pots and popping seeds for the rest this week.

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Looking great girl! Everything looking healthy. You will be happy worth those I feel confident. My garden is good. I haven't been able to flower due to my daughter being admitted to the hospital. We've been out of town and I didn't want them to stretch in the light on me. I'm flowering this week tho and have a couple other locations that we've already started flowering. Keep up the great work!

Thank you @DC105 , I do hope you find some answers for your daughter. I can't imagine the stress this has all been for your family. Wishing you the best my friend.
Icristal

DC105

DC105

Thanks for the love Miss @lcristal. I'm looking forword to seeing these. Do u have some recent pics? I had some leaves that taco'd somewhat when the True OG Cookies, they were the frostiest close to the buds. I will dog back and see if I have any pics. Good luck!

Icristal

Icristal

Thanks for the love Miss @lcristal. I'm looking forword to seeing these. Do u have some recent pics? I had some leaves that taco'd somewhat when the True OG Cookies, they were the frostiest close to the buds. I will dog back and see if I have any pics. Good luck!
I have no pictures yet @DC105 , I will take some tonight. They did start to relax after I stopped spraying them. So tonight will be 24 hrs and no spraying so we will see when the lights come on. There first night under the HP's was fine and temps were controlled after a few adjustments. PH run off is 6, so that is in a good range, and feeding at 1800ppm.

Icristal

Icristal

@DC105 Here are the pictures of the TOGC X WCD,,I was right , they do not like foliar feeding. Since stopping, they have improved almost completely. You can see a little on one leaf in the 4th picture, but they were much much worse 2 days ago, whole upper half was doing it. I am very happy with the results. Just got watered after taking the pictures and are all standing tall.

The 4th shows the taco on the leaf, but it was much worse 2 days ago.
20150422 201024
20150422 201032
20150422 201038
20150422 201056

Icristal

Icristal

This is what it looked like when it started and got worse, but now, big difference now, relaxing now I stopped spraying them.
20150417 153221

If you look close at some of my pictures, you might see some lady bugs, I have them in both flower and veg area.

DC105

DC105

Looking great Miss lcristal! Hope you get that tent full of meds! Should be really stinky in there in a lil while. Lol I think the True OG Cookies tacos a lil anyway! Best of luck!

Icristal

Icristal

Looking great Miss lcristal! Hope you get that tent full of meds! Should be really stinky in there in a lil while. Lol I think the True OG Cookies tacos a lil anyway! Best of luck!

Why thank you @DC105 ,,,I am so looking forward to these. I am looking every day to see what they will be, lol And loving the new set up as well. ;)

Icristal

Icristal

Thread closed,,,,new thread ( TOGC X WCD Grow ),,,, in grow diary section.

Top Bottom