The next grow and others.

• Thread starter Icristal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Icristal

Icristal

Here are a few shots of a few of the nugs after drying and now curing. After testing this (couldn't wait), it is going to be one kick ass smoke. It is hard to describe the smell, skunky, candy sorta, bubblegum. Very smooth smoke, minimal cough, pleasant taste, and the interesting part is it creeps up on you all of a sudden. Real strong head high. Yielded a zip an half. Very satisfied with over all results.

@DC105 we now have 2 ladies in the room, both of the 99Goji are females and I couldn't be more excited. Here are the ladies and they will be 2 weeks into flower on Monday. All have stretched quite a bit and now have the light reset at the lower height, but not too low, lol

And the GSC which will be 3 weeks into flower on Monday.

Icristal

Icristal

Looking great! Those buds look delish!
Thank you @DC105 , so looking forward after a long search for these to flower and see how they grow. Time to get even more serious with these ladies, lol
Much respect to you my friend
Icristal

DC105

DC105

No problem! Im excited to see em and the others you have. Hopefully, they will live up to ur expectations! Best wishes!

Icristal

Icristal

Update on the 99Goji's I have 2 in flower and they are 2 weeks into flip. Still stretching a bit and the bud site are starting to fill in slowly. I find the bud development interesting, very much different than what I am used to. Almost looks like a male pod, but it's a huge lady bud, lol, kinda freaks you out at first until you figure out what's going on, lol. The one not topped is going to be a beast and if it fills in the whole stock, it could be a massive cola. The second one was topped and has 2 main colas with maybe a side shoot matching the two. It is a little slower, but has almost caught up in height with the first one. The fan leaves are huge, but easily tucked under the bud sites for now. Both are on a regular feeding schedule of FF trio and just plain ole well water in between. I change it up around 4 to 5 weeks in, but they will tell me that when the time comes.

The true test will be at week 3 to 5, I find that if they are going to throw pollen/balls, this is the time they do from the few grows I have done. I have learned not to assume the ladies are all good and don't look them over top to bottom each day, it can come back and bite you in the ass, and not in a good way, lol The GSC did this exact thing, 2 days shy of 3 week, decided it want to throw pollen (pods buried deep under beautiful lady buds, very hard to see at first), caught it, culled it, and misted the room. The Goji's were not far enough into flip to be affected as far as I know.

The CFL in the background is my original 4ft/4light flower light with red light, use as additional light a few times a week.

Here is the one not topped and getting quite tall, lol

Here is the second one that was topped.

Icristal

Icristal

@DC105 checked out your thread again today, hoping to do the Goji's justice.

And here is what is working in the veg room for the next round. TOGC X SD

DC105

DC105

Yeah @Icristal They do fill in. Atleast mine did and made huge colas. In fact I needed support for them. I'm really want to see the True og/WCD cross. It will be banging. Good luck!

Icristal

Icristal

This story is getting old,,,at 2 days shy of 3 week, one of the 99Goji's decided it did not want to be female anymore. Fortunately the one flower that opened did not drop pollen. But more pods waiting to do so. The bud set were changing the way they were developing, so have been watching for several days to see if it was going to flip on me, and yep it did. :( It is sitting alone in a different room, I have not culled it yet. The pods, some open to lady buds and now one opened to a male flower (I think it is) and both pods looked the same, i'm so confused.

The switcher:
looks like a male flower to me

Below is the flower picked off, do not see pollen or center stamen, if there help me see it please

new buds, has leafs and buds all in one, lol

male flower pods below, showing more each day, the one that opened to a flower looked like these, but some that look like the one above, looked like theses at first too. I am so confused with this, someone please help.

Here is the other 99Goji, and it is developing, as I would assume normally. She is a tall drink of water, she is now up to 39" tall. She now has the flower room all to herself. She also is 2 days shy of 3 weeks into flower.
A
B
C
D

Icristal

Icristal

Looking into getting some fem seeds soon, got the coin bucket out and filling it a little at a time, lol Don't knock it, this is how I have bought my lights and other grow equipment so far, lol. I love the hunt for a lady and love popping seeds. But really need to get just one good run of ladies only to build up meds. One plant at a time is not cutting it. Then back to the hunt for the ladies again. I have just purchased a grow tent this way, and awaiting for it to arrive. I will use this even if I build a new grow room this summer, it will be used to put males in eventually. Oh well, such is life.

Happy growing all

Toaster79

Toaster79

Oh my! That first 99Goji looks really bad. Never seen a plant herming that bad. Bit the other one looks stellar. Keep it op ma'am, keep it green. Wish you way more luck in your new tent.

+++++Vibes

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Hey super Farmer Lady
Sorry to here about the Male sacs getting in the way of your smiles....
One thing I have experience on the farm is if its early in flower and you get the Hermie Toss the plant
if you get um Late in flower the chances are the pollen is sterile and will cause you no problems. But honestly why take the chance, you grow some great plants for yourself and no reason to give yourself sleepless nights over um They are suppost to Be the HAPPY plant LoL
With all that Just take your best carving knife and go all Bates Motel on HE /SHE

Then go back to rocking the Babies like ya do
Super Growing the Ladies Vibe
FlyJ

DC105

DC105

Sorry to hear that bad luck. I'm sure it will turn around and u will kill it! Need some of FlynJ's +mojo for ya! ;)
I really want to see the TrueOGxWCD run. Hopefully you will get some females to choose from. It will be super stinky I'm sure, as both parents were loud. Atleast you have 1 female. She will yield big. Here was 1 of mine from the 1st run of 99gojis
IMG 9508

Icristal

Icristal

Thanks all,,the troubled plant is gone and now working with the last one. @DC105 ,the other are still in the 1/2 gallon buckets and are gaining ground now they are over the transplant, lol, it is still a few weeks before they can be put to flower. I have 5 of them. Nice looking 99Goji there, hope mine fills in like that, there plenty of room for it to do so, lol She sure is a stretchy one.

My new grow tent arrived today,,but can't put it up tonight, in a cpl days. lol

Icristal

Icristal

Hahahaha couldn't wait to start putting the tent together after making sure all the parts were there. I got as far as setting up the frame and had to stop. I have to rearrange other items in the room to place it, it is 4 x 4 x 80 and it fills a decent amount of space,,lol,,kinda took me by surprise, but it is a nice surprise.

I have a question for those who have tents. Do you put your inline fan inside or outside of it???????????

Icristal

Icristal

The babies in veg are gaining ground, after transplant shock, lol, kinda boring picture , but here they are TOGC X WCD. Now for the fun part watching them grow and get ready for final pots. I have been giving them a little natural sun a few days a week,otherwise under CFL's in small veg cabinet. Soil is still hot so just water for another week n half then they will get there first FF nutes.

20150401 190233

But they will have a bigger space in the next few weeks, the old flower room, the tent (new flower room) is up and now just letting all the folds and crinkles flatten out. Very few light leaks, only because of folding in shipping. Plus have to figure out how to hook light, fan, exhaust. No scrubber, don't need one as don't care if house smells, lol Right now inline is exhausting out a window, so will keep same.

Which brings up a question I had, after reading may thread about the hook up I am still a little confused. The light is a cool tube 600w, the fan is a 6" inline fan. Now the light, the end where the bulb is screwed in,,,do I want the fan pulling from this end ( Current set up) , or the other end, then to exhaust?????? Not sure if being in a tent if I need to change anything. Thanks for any response.

Keep it green all
Icristal

Icristal

Icristal

Lights just went on, checking the 99Goji head to toe every single day for male pods. Took 2 off last night, contained no pollen, missed one, it opened overnight it contained pollen, plucked it off and sprayed the flower down with water. Going to keep it growing to see what it does.

Icristal

Icristal

Decided to keep the 99Goji where it is, as I don't want pollen to get into the new tent. It is trying real hard to switch, but have plucked off about 2/3 pods per day, some have pollen and some don't, so not too major yet, lol,
So I have set it up as a veg tent for now, the plants love the space, just moved all in there so still adjusting. Have clones on bottom in back , indirect light for a little while still.

20150404 000042

DismalDude

DismalDude

Hahahaha couldn't wait to start putting the tent together after making sure all the parts were there. I got as far as setting up the frame and had to stop. I have to rearrange other items in the room to place it, it is 4 x 4 x 80 and it fills a decent amount of space,,lol,,kinda took me by surprise, but it is a nice surprise.

I have a question for those who have tents. Do you put your inline fan inside or outside of it???????????
I have my exhaust fan inside the tent pulling all air through the carbon filter and light to outside of tent.Intake fan is outside tent pulling in.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I also mount my fan directly to the carbon filter for best efficiency.So the order is fan on filter,duct from fan to light,duct from light out of the tent.I really don't know of a more efficient way,hope it helps. ;)

Icristal

Icristal

I also mount my fan directly to the carbon filter for best efficiency.So the order is fan on filter,duct from fan to light,duct from light out of the tent.I really don't know of a more efficient way,hope it helps. ;)

Thank you for the HUGE help, it means allot. I do not have a carbon filter, I have been looking at them, so many , I don't know which one to get. lol any suggestions? Plus I am not concerned with smell, not an issue if it does, a nice advantage. Do carbon filters offer anything else other than getting rid of the smell? Please don't consider this a silly question, I do not know enough about them, yet.

I have the duct , an 6" inline fan, and a 600w HP cool tube light, all I needed for the current closet grow. So want to sent the tent up proper. Going to get another fan and duct, i hope tomorrow for intake.

Thank you again for your help :)

Top Bottom