The OG and Kush genetics

• Thread starter Lunchables
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
fad or not, killer OG well grown and taken to term is good and I've met me plenty of older folks who comment on how it reminds them of some of the potent herb from yesteryear. Good OG, WELL grown will make you sweat man and one to two rips should floor you, regardless of tolerance. I can smoke dabs or bowls with lebanese hash all day long, but good herbs shout through the clould and take you higher. Thai is the perfect example of breaking through the cloud and getting higher, OG can be really trippy too.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
The humidity throughout the grow seems to affect oils and potency a ton, ime fwiw
Those outrageous herbs were coming from a certain environment and that was prob a big part of them. The right strains in the right outdoor environment can be so potent they can make you have to pull the car over and just sit and trip a bit....only outdoor in the right conditions has made me have a hard time doing tasks, indoor no matter the strain and the grow just doesn't get me tripped out!
I'll bet the outdoor-ness and where it was grown was half the battle of why you folks loved those strains...just a stoned thought :D

Chobble

Chobble

Its just called loompas hb there is no hb in it at all , and im wondering where u got the triangle kush beans from haven't seen them ive grown alot of og's in my time and those 2 stand above the rest of the ogs i have grown.like i said would love to compare your heirlooms to the triangle or loompas hb might have that master grower rethinking what the fuck ges been doing for the last 35 years lol

Heads up hightimes is a joke tried subcool strains before he breeds more for taste than potency , and idk wtf cervates is doing

Yet again, My boss and I have been to multiple Cannabis cups together he doesn't smoke actually but I do. We have a tester area with 50 holes in it. We run 2-4 of each different variety, we have grown basically every "popular" and samplers we have been given.

I'm a propagator, I work with thousands of clones a month. I have so many mothers its not funny, I actually just rigged up something in our greenhouse to keep them from flowering this year, so my propagation area quadrupled.. Just let me think I know something about potency among a variety of killer strains.

Then again, the kids who have only been smokin 10-15 years with low tolerances who think the "kushes" and OG's" are the most potent pot known to man may just learn something as well. :D

Thankfully >someone< is holding on tight to the past while the kiddies polypolypolyhybrid the future of these plants to the point that there are NO true kush tendencies/tastes in "kush".....just as happened with "skunk" when the cluckle/chuckleheads made it "better" and started renaming EVERY fuckin strain as "Skunk _____ or _____ Skunk" in the 80's/90's until it is now the exception, not the norm and is nothing more than a parody of it's original self.

so folks.....what will the next fad be?

I really like you.

Chobble.

Chobble

Chobble

The humidity throughout the grow seems to affect oils and potency a ton, ime fwiw
Those outrageous herbs were coming from a certain environment and that was prob a big part of them. The right strains in the right outdoor environment can be so potent they can make you have to pull the car over and just sit and trip a bit....only outdoor in the right conditions has made me have a hard time doing tasks, indoor no matter the strain and the grow just doesn't get me tripped out!
I'll bet the outdoor-ness and where it was grown was half the battle of why you folks loved those strains...just a stoned thought :D

This is really true, Our Hierloom strains not grown in the 200x200 yard plot of land on the same hillside the first seeds where sown 30 years ago. (Like My backyard) Will be less potent then the perfect climate/soil.

When we run our strains indoors, the cannabinoid profile is actually lower, and more dominant in THC. (Less CBD and CBN)

I'm happy someone else has this opinion.

Chobble

sky high

sky high

I'm sure the environment played into it, baba. Some of the weed was definitely top notch....

but the common factor >I< remember in the 70's.....is that very-little-to-none of the pot was GREEN.

I've always believed..right or wrong...that the clandestine nature of the entire game played into it all in tandem with the quality of the weed that was grown. Some of the pot we got back then was far from "fresh"....it may have been bricked/cured for years....stored/stowed God-knows-where and for how long....unlike the RUSHED weed of today...that while certainly good to great at times in it's own right...is no more potent than the well-grown/cured ganja of old. (it's parents!)

What is missing today...IMO.... is the variety of TASTES from all over the world we enjoyed back then. A lot of the stuff today (indoors or out) (kushes/OG's) is all starting to taste the same...sour lemon/diesel...sour diesel/lemon...sour diesel/diesel sour... lemon/diesel/sour lemon... Yes...there's some GREAT pot/some great tasting pot out there....but

where's the musty/spicy/choco/hashy/full-mouthed/thick/expansive smokes?? Where's the weed that tastes >exotic< and everyone has something different to share....rather than just being a slight variation of the same thing the next guy has in his pipe he's trying to hand me as somethin' "special" (special to him..LOL). yawn...stretch... Pot back then had names...but you didn't see "Rick's Acapulco Gold".....or 100's of crosses of Acapulco gold because AG was popular/highly-sought after...
It was just Acapulco gold...and you KNEW if it was the real deal by (smelling it then) smoking it. There was only ONE and like today....the SAME smoke..texture/color/taste/feel can only be produced in the same area. this is far different than today where a "kush" may be born on Randolph STREET...rather than being sourced from ANOTHER COUNTRY.:rolleyes:

And "trippy"....on weed? Not since '74/high school have i smoked anything that made shit run down the walls/made the floor kinda fluid.... and I honestly think it was low tolerance....like the "whitey" days of old when you'd stand up and then fall into something...face first and shit....right in front of yer parents (I did this..LOL).

Dunno though....'cus I hear a lot of the same names we went through years ago ein' all played up....like "Ghost" and "Bubba" that are certainly decent smokes...but nothing that's gonna make me trip and shit.... no fuckin way. (brother..you need some 1974 4-way Windowpane to see what "tripping" is...LOL)

Would love to sesh with ya though sometime and see what'cher talkin about. Maybe I'm just missin out in my old age? :D

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I don't mean floors crushing down on me trippy, I mean slightly trippy and psychadelic versus just stoned. I agree with most of what you are saying though, but still argue that those other flavors are out there! Grow some Jack, Free Tibet, White Widow, Afghoo, Lavy, Powerplant, coral reef, sonoma coma, green crack, cave, rockstar, dankouver, kahuna, Matty mist, MTF, ATF, the snow, blue dream, nl5, grape nehi, purple nepal....ALL of those don't have any chem/diesel/og tones, the internet is flooded with the chem/dieselness...the hills of norcal still have all those and many many more that offer way diff flavors and plenty of old timers have seeds up there too.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I'm sure the environment played into it, baba.
Would love to sesh with ya though sometime and see what'cher talkin about. Maybe I'm just missin out in my old age? :D
Someday it would be awesome if we have an event like the Cannabis Cup but all the states compete or the ones that accept cannabis!! Would be amazing, and would be good for all of us to unite and swap stories and smoke it out!!!

Venom818

Venom818

Then again, the kids who have only been smokin 10-15 years with low tolerances who think the "kushes" and OG's" are the most potent pot known to man may just learn something as well. :D

Thankfully >someone< is holding on tight to the past while the kiddies polypolypolyhybrid the future of these plants to the point that there are NO true kush tendencies/tastes in "kush".....just as happened with "skunk" when the cluckle/chuckleheads made it "better" and started renaming EVERY fuckin strain as "Skunk _____ or _____ Skunk" in the 80's/90's until it is now the exception, not the norm and is nothing more than a parody of it's original self.

so folks.....what will the next fad be?

Story goes the triangle kush is at least a 20 year old cut grown by some older cats so that goes out the window.where is are all these hidden killer gems better than og ive yet to see them .

And if anything these so called kids now smoke mostley concentrates i dont care how potent herb is concentrates are strong will put those old folks to sleep lol

Venom818

Venom818

Yet again, My boss and I have been to multiple Cannabis cups together he doesn't smoke actually but I do. We have a tester area with 50 holes in it. We run 2-4 of each different variety, we have grown basically every "popular" and samplers we have been given.

Where can one try this better than og strains since u keep dodging the questions now im just thinking your just faking the funk with your ghost heirloom strains

soserthc1

soserthc1

How can you breed cannabis for a living and not smoke it , you would be like a chef that does not taste his cooking , I personally would wanna know what I am putting out there is top notch and not depend on others to say , yes this smoke is killer ? I know you stated Chobble that your boss has not wanted you to mention them in forum's but we will never be able to try these heirloom strains if we have no idea what grower/breeder you are working for unless he is just a caregiver happy with his patient's he has now but you make it seems as thou there is ton's of testing going on ... so basically these strains can't be authenticated is basically what I believe Venom is trying to say... .... respect SoSER

Chobble

Chobble

How can you breed cannabis for a living and not smoke it , you would be like a chef that does not taste his cooking , I personally would wanna know what I am putting out there is top notch and not depend on others to say , yes this smoke is killer ? I know you stated Chobble that your boss has not wanted you to mention them in forum's but we will never be able to try these heirloom strains if we have no idea what grower/breeder you are working for unless he is just a caregiver happy with his patient's he has now but you make it seems as thou there is ton's of testing going on ... so basically these strains can't be authenticated is basically what I believe Venom is trying to say... .... respect SoSER

We grow for our collective and our collective alone :). He doesnt smoke like any pot farmer you have ever seen. I've only smoked with him a few times, he smokes to sample strains etc. He believes in smoking if you need the medicinal benefit and sticks to it. He's really into the medicine.

SC Labs does our testing for free, as a large amount of our membership gets there medicine for free. We really arn't in it for the money.

Chobble

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
We grow for our collective and our collective alone :). He doesnt smoke like any pot farmer you have ever seen. I've only smoked with him a few times, he smokes to sample strains etc. He believes in smoking if you need the medicinal benefit and sticks to it. He's really into the medicine.

SC Labs does our testing for free, as a large amount of our membership gets there medicine for free. We really arn't in it for the money.

Chobble
So every time he harvests a new variety, He has a medicinal need and must medicate :D
I get that it's medicine and all but let's be real people smoke it for the head change and now they are validating medincinal benefit but who needed a script to know that.
I'd say your breeder buddy just isn't an herb smoker, plain and simple. Medicine or not...I believe in it's healing properties but come on if it had no head change people wouldn't be so into it!!!
High CBD strains get the same feedback from everybody I know that smokes herbs, they say it's bland and boring, as a species we have selected away from high CBD without knowing it it seems and that is a direct result of our affinity towards the thc high that high THC provides. People that don't smoke herbs pre New age med era(lol) might enjoy the high cbd as they don't want the high but the majority of patients want the high and all the rest!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
and anybody who tells me cannabis isn't a drug....come on now, based on our definition of drug, cannabis is one and so are many other things. Rant done!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Chobble
ok , explains that .... thank you sir ...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I think what you eat and drink is gonna help your inflammation over any cannabis use, even high CBD. I know people who smoke plenty as med patients and use both high THC and high CBD and have high inflammation still and it's due to their activities and diet more so.

soserthc1

soserthc1

and anybody who tells me cannabis isn't a drug....come on now, based on our definition of drug, cannabis is one and so are many other things. Rant done!
A drug yes but a drug comparably to caffeine and 90% if not better smoke for the same reason people drink , we enjoy an altered state of conscience and enjoy to be blasted

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty

Chobble
I do respect you folks helping people as I know which group you work with and it's a great cause!!

soserthc1

soserthc1

coffee, chocolate, two most common drugs...besides church..
huh, interesting church will be happy to take your money, and you won't even get high unless God gets you high but you are 100% correct with that , wife always says I wanna start going to church and my response is i'll go to church when they stop sticking a basket in my face three times in a hour and stop building fall out shelters while people in there community are starving ..... well put BaBa

Latest posts

Top Bottom