The old guard breeders starting to drop, whats next?

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ezenzyme

ezenzyme

With the sad passing of BOG, Nevill and Franco, and many others who started this whole movement by breeding the legendary genes that set the stage for us to play on. Now theres a new generation of breeders and growers starting to stand up! As a upstanding member of this new generation i would like to stand up and start breeding as well! Now my question to you, is where to start? What genes and what breeders should we follow now? What breeders and banks are up and coming and need to be watched? What are some killer solid indica genes? I want that 60 day rock hard Kush!! All impute and thoughts appreciated!!!

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Follow guys like Kevin Jodery and future cannabis project on YouTube. Also, Adam Dunn is pretty much old guard now and he's still kicking it with a cool podcast too. James Loud and loud seeds is another.

For seed banks you can't go wrong with seedsherenow and James Beanz, very good dude right there. 👍

Lots happening here at the farm too if you look around!

🌱

kaka

kaka

Supporter
You shouldn't need our input if you want to start manipulating this precious gene pool. You should be perfecting growing and learning until you can handle that type responsibility. Not hating. Start some chucks and teach yourself.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Most of the new breeders seem to be in an over hyped marketing scheme and put out cross after cross hoping to cash in on the strain of the month.

i use the term “breeeders” loosely. ;-)
I’d rather see them crossing the fav’s rather then csi’ing everything. He is constantly femming the flavor of the month.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

The mendo dope boys are crankin it! But they only have like two of their strains avail. Anyone grown out some from mendo dope or green fire farms?

kaka

kaka

Supporter
I’d rather see them crossing the fav’s rather then csi’ing everything. He is constantly femming the flavor of the month.

CSI is doing some of the most valuable work in the community right now. He is also clearly not chasing flavors of the month. He works with clones he's held for years. He's one of the few breeders I even trust these days and I've pulled smoking plants from his seed lines I still hold and flower.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
CSI is doing some of the most valuable work in the community right now. He is also clearly not chasing flavors of the month. He works with clones he's held for years. He's one of the few breeders I even trust these days and I've pulled smoking plants from his seed lines I still hold and flower.
Call it what you want, he’s part of a couple of private forums I’m on and if you want to call the clones he acquires over there his own work then I guess I can call all the clones I gather my work as well. Just depends what goggles you are wearing. Not everyone has to pay for clones.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
is this the breeder?

127 new releases

198 feminized crosses
Ahahahahahahahahaha! Yes he is the one.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

All the trial and error bathtub "breeders" are going away too. None of them are breeding for homogeneity, mold spore evisceration, spider mite evisceration, ph range, bad vpd, shelf life, etc. None of them even understand Cannabis, science, biosynthesis, at all. These guys are still breeding under HPS like they don't even understand the modern world around them.

Who do they think is going to buy their seeds other than drug dealers running an underground bunker grow? They are stuck in 1999.The hobbyist isn't going to pay 10 bucks a seed under legalization. Do they expect commercial growers not to run their own university-sponsored corporate funded breeding programs?

kaka

kaka

Supporter
Call it what you want, he’s part of a couple of private forums I’m on and if you want to call the clones he acquires over there his own work then I guess I can call all the clones I gather my work as well. Just depends what goggles you are wearing. Not everyone has to pay for clones.

I'll call it exactly as it is: bullshit. Hell man, I've offered Caleb several things in my collection. Yeah man I know about private clone forums... we were doing that shit in the 90s. Not sure why you are hating on Caleb but lets see your breeding work? Ive never heard of your company. Unless you are just talking out your ass with zero breeding experience. 🤣

hotrod717

hotrod717

I would imagine as commercialization grows and money funds a clinical type of environment, we are going to start to see new strains not very good for outdoor and not hardened for real life conditions. Lab growing vs. natural growing. More so than your average indoor vs. outdoor.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I'll call it exactly as it is: bullshit. Hell man, I've offered Caleb several things in my collection. Yeah man I know about private clone forums... we were doing that shit in the 90s. Not sure why you are hating on Caleb but lets see your breeding work? Ive never heard of your company. Unless you are just talking out your ass with zero breeding experience. 🤣
You just said “CSI is doing some of the most valuable work in the community right now.” And now it’s bullshit. 👍🏻
Fem work is what has destroyed the cannabis authenticity weather younlike it or not.
I’m not here to claim breedership, I’m a grower and I like to pollen chuck. Breeders use to work lines thattook time selecting and isolating traits they like. Spraying you colloidal man juice on a clone only doesn’t make you a breeder. It makes you an opportunist and there’s nothing wrong with that. But to claim it’s the most valuable work in the community is nonsense. The only value it carries is money in his wallet.
And kudos to him that he can have so many followers who never had friends in the canna community.
I’ve necee been a hater in the canna community weather you have the most gems collected or the most shitty weed grown good for you.
I’m here 20 years later still profiting off this plant so who am I to hate.
And I understand why you have to sell clones, I saw your Apple fritters 😂🤣

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
All the trial and error bathtub "breeders" are going away too. None of them are breeding for homogeneity, mold spore evisceration, spider mite evisceration, ph range, bad vpd, shelf life, etc. None of them even understand Cannabis, science, biosynthesis, at all. These guys are still breeding under HPS like they don't even understand the modern world around them.

Who do they think is going to buy their seeds other than drug dealers running an underground bunker grow? They are stuck in 1999.The hobbyist isn't going to pay 10 bucks a seed under legalization. Do they expect commercial growers not to run their own university-sponsored corporate funded breeding programs?
Ten bucks a seed? I’ve seen people paying $200 for
I would imagine as commercialization grows and money funds a clinical type of environment, we are going to start to see new strains not very good for outdoor and not hardened for real life conditions. Lab growing vs. natural growing. More so than your average indoor vs. outdoor.
Oh there is still lots of small timers doing great work to preserve what is left in the gene pool. They just aren’t publicized on Instagram like the commercial growers who only grow the pretty. And when you meet the right people they are free.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

You just said “CSI is doing some of the most valuable work in the community right now.” And now it’s bullshit. 👍🏻
Fem work is what has destroyed the cannabis authenticity weather younlike it or not.
I’m not here to claim breedership, I’m a grower and I like to pollen chuck. Breeders use to work lines thattook time selecting and isolating traits they like. Spraying you colloidal man juice on a clone only doesn’t make you a breeder. It makes you an opportunist and there’s nothing wrong with that. But to claim it’s the most valuable work in the community is nonsense. The only value it carries is money in his wallet.
And kudos to him that he can have so many followers who never had friends in the canna community.
I’ve necee been a hater in the canna community weather you have the most gems collected or the most shitty weed grown good for you.
I’m here 20 years later still profiting off this plant so who am I to hate.
And I understand why you have to sell clones, I saw your Apple fritters 😂🤣

I do not enjoy smoking fem'd weed......fem'd erb is the commie tranny of the weed world!!!

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

YES!!! Wheres the awesome underground cats keeping the genetic diversity by maintaining the badass old strains? I understand a whole lot more than youd think, i have been reading up on what Shantibaba, Soma, Franco and DJ short have to say. I fully understand the need to maintain our genetic diversity!!! I want to start by simply creating and maintaining IBLs of the baddest genes around, if i had this thought and ability a long time ago i could still have DJ short BB in my stash or some BOG seeds! to all of you who are doing exactly what i am talking about; keep fighting the good fight many more to join the ranks soon!!! Any thoughts on Francos seeds? how about Bhodi?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
YES!!! Wheres the awesome underground cats keeping the genetic diversity by maintaining the badass old strains? I understand a whole lot more than youd think, i have been reading up on what Shantibaba, Soma, Franco and DJ short have to say. I fully understand the need to maintain our genetic diversity!!! I want to start by simply creating and maintaining IBLs of the baddest genes around, if i had this thought and ability a long time ago i could still have DJ short BB in my stash or some BOG seeds! to all of you who are doing exactly what i am talking about; keep fighting the good fight many more to join the ranks soon!!! Any thoughts on Francos seeds? how about Bhodi?

Fuuuuuuuck are you serious??? I can name 3 people in this thread who I know are classics junkies and am probably missing another 1/2 dozen. Pre 98 Bubba Kush, CD4, LAC, Purple Urkle, 5 BOG Strains, a original Indiana Bubblegum hybrid by Mosca, and another by them that is a C99 hybrid, and an Early Glue x Black Domina by Copa. There's LOTS of classic shit going down everywhere. But everyone paints this brush of euphoric recall on the old stuff. I like the gassy diesel side of life. But I also like thc content that hits like a brick. Today's weed? Bricks. Yesteryear? We had to work lf to get close.

Silver vs Seed. Fuuuuuuuck idk. I just got silver in to produce a butt ton of BOGs seeds for my freezer jic I dont get a male or 5. And I've been caught in that occasional situation where these are the last of something they pop fem and they either become a memory or I have to buy again.

And to the dude talking about old guard fading out. Dude the old guard NEVER fades out. The next generation always ages and takes a step forward to take their seats.

What's next? Wtf knows man. The debates about the sickest strains gets old. Find what you enjoy. Roll it. Puck it and press it. Bubble hash it. Stick it up your ass for a thc enema idc. But enjoy it. And then share it. The seeds, the flower, your hard won knowledge, all of it.

That's all I've got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom