The old guard breeders starting to drop, whats next?

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Damm yall, drop your shoes and egos at the door. This a thread is for everyone to learn a little, not a pissing competition. Breeding is breeding, what works for you is what works for you doesn't mean others need to do the same. Shanti is the OG, he kicked Greenhouse seeds into the lime light with his work with Nevil and then Nevil split off taking some strains and STILL sells the femmed version(think WW). Then he moved on to working with Franco, seeing how lackin his land race collection was. Franco was a halfway decent breeder, but had access to some of the best. Shanti knows how to breed true parent genetics, thats where i picked up my "breeding" plan. Anyone ordered shantibabas seeds recently? Or Francos? He has a few interesting strains avail still. Also a lot of "breeders" sell femmed seeds because you only need to find the one pheno and squirt colloidal silver all over em, no multiple generations of stabilizing and maintaining a mother and father, no not only is it for ease but if a breeder made a badass genetic a good way to keep your hands on the gene is to only sell femmed seeds and clones. Who cares?

All that. Amen.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Damm yall, drop your shoes and egos at the door. This a thread is for everyone to learn a little, not a pissing competition. Breeding is breeding, what works for you is what works for you doesn't mean others need to do the same. Shanti is the OG, he kicked Greenhouse seeds into the lime light with his work with Nevil and then Nevil split off taking some strains and STILL sells the femmed version(think WW). Then he moved on to working with Franco, seeing how lackin his land race collection was. Franco was a halfway decent breeder, but had access to some of the best. Shanti knows how to breed true parent genetics, thats where i picked up my "breeding" plan. Anyone ordered shantibabas seeds recently? Or Francos? He has a few interesting strains avail still. Also a lot of "breeders" sell femmed seeds because you only need to find the one pheno and squirt colloidal silver all over em, no multiple generations of stabilizing and maintaining a mother and father, no not only is it for ease but if a breeder made a badass genetic a good way to keep your hands on the gene is to only sell femmed seeds and clones. Who cares?

Id rather pay for someones hardwork...taking the eazy way out makes sense..its just not for me

Terpz719

Terpz719

Disregarding my earlier foolishness, I have a serious question. The terms pollen chucking / pollen chucker seem to typically be used in a derogatory fashion.
Given that, why is it that when big name breeders crank out a bunch of F1s using some "elite" strain it isn't considered pollen chunking?

beluga

beluga

It's all pollen chucking.
It's just... how well can you chuck it?
It's all fucking gimmicky pseudoscience and it's perfectly summed up by the incessant use of the word "strain".

Some people may have used some responsible selection over the years, but my doubts are high that even these 'elite'/heirloom 'strains' are really what they are claimed to be. Even if some of these breeders have gotten their genetics close to the original source, I'll again throw my high doubts that those original sources even did, at any point in time, their due diligence the likes of orchids, tulips, tomatoes, etc. that all have very dedicated, legitimate, and verifiable pedigrees.

It started on the black market and that's what you get... missing bits with which people can fill in their own blanks.

It's not my intention to disrespect nor illegitimize any original or modern breeders... I just think you can only verify so much with such a fragmented database to begin with.

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
In my opinion it should be the goal of every grower to learn the art of chucking some pollen and being able to provide yourself with your own selection of seeds. Keep a dad. Use silver. Doesn't matter. For some in outlaw territory it might also give some added security 😉

99% of what's out there is utter bullshit. Anyone who's ever tried knows how easy it is to wind up with 10,000 seeds in a jar. That, with the right name and pics attached is enough to fool most because demand is at an all time high like we've never seen before.

Further legality and DNA testing, genome mapping etc will reveal most of these fancy names and hot new flavours of the month to be basically all the same 10 plants we loved so much 30 years ago, when this ball really got rolling down the hill and the Dutch seed banks blew up. Sorting it out will be complicated. Feelings are going to get hurt. Reputations will be in question.

The swamp will be drained. The fakes and wannabes will be exposed. With legality comes information and education. The clouds will be lifted and the dark age of cannabis will end.

I still hear enough old dogs like me barking in protest at the new generation, who are mostly drinking the cool aid and believing the hype. I have faith in the process. We just need a few more years of people growing all this bunk shit before there's enough ears in the audience.

🌱

Last edited:
growsince79

growsince79

In my opinion it should be the goal of every grower to learn the art of chucking some pollen and being able to provide yourself with your own selection of seeds. Keep a dad. Use silver. Doesn't matter.

99% of what's out there is utter bullshit. Anyone who's ever tried knows how easy it is to wind up with 10,000 seeds in a jar. That, with the right name and pics attached is enough to fool most because demand is at an all time high like we've never seen before.

Further legality and DNA testing, genome mapping etc will reveal most of these fancy names and hot new flavours of the month to be basically all the same 10 plants we loved so much 30 years ago, when this ball really got rolling down the hill and the Dutch seed banks blew up.

The swamp will be drained. The fakes and wannabes will be exposed. With legality comes information and education. The clouds will be lifted and the dark age of cannabis will end..

I still hear enough old dogs like me barking in protest at the new generation, drinking the cool aid and believing the hype. I have faith in the process. We just need a few more years of people growing all this bunk shit before there's enough ears in the audience.

🌱
Fuck all these people trying to get rich selling Gods gift. It will be a great day when packs of kush seeds are the same price as tomato and peppers.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I can understand why they cost so much on the black market. But now that seeds are totally 100% legal in the USA, there is no reason they should cost what they do now.
It's a gray area because of the farm bill. Yes, seeds because they're below .03 thc are "legal"...sort of.

If you're advertising said said seeds to sprout 20% thc plants some folks might see that in a different light. It's another weird situation created by the fact that state laws and federal laws do not sync up. The friggin loophole dance every "legit" cannabis business has to navigate.

Its a plant. Can we start treating it like a plant for Pete's sake? Lol

🌱

growsince79

growsince79

It's a gray area because of the farm bill. Yes, seeds because they're below .03 thc are "legal"...sort of.

If you're advertising said said seeds to sprout 20% thc plants some folks might see that in a different light. It's another weird situation created by the fact that state laws and federal laws do not sync up. The friggin loophole dance every "legit" cannabis business has to navigate.

Its a plant. Can we start treating it like a plant for Pete's sake? Lol

🌱
My state is medical only, but hydro stores sell seeds to anyone. Domestic seed companies that didn't used to ship now do. So I'm not sure its even grey anymore. I'm pretty sure if it were grey, the cops would have raided the stores and seed companies by now.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
My state is medical only, but hydro stores sell seeds to anyone. Domestic seed companies that didn't used to ship now do. So I'm not sure its even grey anymore. I'm pretty sure if it were grey, the cops would have raided the stores and seed companies by now.
Well, as mentioned before...some of us in outlaw territory might not see it that way 🤔

That could very well be paranoia, but I see it as erring on the side of caution.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

In my opinion it should be the goal of every grower to learn the art of chucking some pollen and being able to provide yourself with your own selection of seeds. Keep a dad. Use silver. Doesn't matter. For some in outlaw territory it might also give some added security 😉

Further legality and DNA testing, genome mapping etc will reveal most of these fancy names and hot new flavours of the month to be basically all the same 10 plants we loved so much 30 years ago, when this ball really got rolling down the hill and the Dutch seed banks blew up. Sorting it out will be complicated. Feelings are going to get hurt. Reputations will be in question.

The swamp will be drained. The fakes and wannabes will be exposed. With legality comes information and education. The clouds will be lifted and the dark age of cannabis will end.

I still hear enough old dogs like me barking in protest at the new generation, who are mostly drinking the cool aid and believing the hype. I have faith in the process. We just need a few more years of people growing all this bunk shit before there's enough ears in the audience.

🌱

Id have to dissgree. If you want change gotta get rid of stupid furst.....gotta get idiots to quit believing in the hype...cookies...fuck me! I dont taste cookies...im sure many dont. Thats not stopping stupid from believing in it.....you could revolutionize america if you could eliminate stupid...but its what the aristocrats brainwashed the masses for.....

Its a great dream...the swamp will be drained....good luck!! Gotta get a few 100 maybe 1000 genuine folks to convince stupid its obsolete...that aint happening! I think almost everyone is drinking the koolaide.....its sad very sad...those masters of ours are really funny folks.

Cookie fam is a fucking scam....now what would be nice is if this country or any for that matter had actual laws that allowed for the exposure of this kind of fraud...for instance......

Lets say you are a farmer...your product is the healthiest cuz it contains the most bio available nutrients than all of your competition..great! Wonderful!! Awsome!!! You know this because you gc/ms a ton of their produce and found that yours offered "food fit for a king" 10x better than theirs....yours no residues, heavy metals, toxic substances, etc etc etc......

Now lets say you want to tell the world about your findings....you legally couldnt...ive talked to farmers and an atty...you cant say a word about it...you can be sued for libel!! How fuckt is that??? You really gotta watch what you say and do about/against your comp.....sad as fuck is what that is....free market? Bullshit...yeah free to be scammed, ripped off, and laughed at......while the fraudsters and scammers climb the ladder of success....you slowly eek out a living

Top Bottom