The old guard breeders starting to drop, whats next?

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Alright, there's mad heat in this thread I'd rather not engage with. So, back to post one: breeders to watch.

@Dragonsflame is throwing down some serious work. Sure, the lines are hybrids on hybrids, but they're by far some of the most stable, colorful, frosty, knock-your-dick-in-the-dirt genetics I've worked with. Well thought out gear bred (originally) for the PNW type climate. Anyone that's grown in this region knows this is an unkind area for cannabis between pests and diseases.

I also have my eye on Brother's Grimm because of everywhere I've looked, their C99 looks most on point to the original, and their other gear is also lineage-accurate, according to their site.

Flame away boys, I ain't got a dog in this fight. I just speak words.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Id have to dissgree. If you want change gotta get rid of stupid furst.....gotta get idiots to quit believing in the hype...cookies...fuck me! I dont taste cookies...im sure many dont. Thats not stopping stupid from believing in it.....you could revolutionize america if you could eliminate stupid...but its what the aristocrats brainwashed the masses for.....

Its a great dream...the swamp will be drained....good luck!! Gotta get a few 100 maybe 1000 genuine folks to convince stupid its obsolete...that aint happening! I think almost everyone is drinking the koolaide.....its sad very sad...those masters of ours are really funny folks.

Cookie fam is a fucking scam....now what would be nice is if this country or any for that matter had actual laws that allowed for the exposure of this kind of fraud...for instance......

Lets say you are a farmer...your product is the healthiest cuz it contains the most bio available nutrients than all of your competition..great! Wonderful!! Awsome!!! You know this because you gc/ms a ton of their produce and found that yours offered "food fit for a king" 10x better than theirs....yours no residues, heavy metals, toxic substances, etc etc etc......

Now lets say you want to tell the world about your findings....you legally couldnt...ive talked to farmers and an atty...you cant say a word about it...you can be sued for libel!! How fuckt is that??? You really gotta watch what you say and do about/against your comp.....sad as fuck is what that is....free market? Bullshit...yeah free to be scammed, ripped off, and laughed at......while the fraudsters and scammers climb the ladder of success....you slowly eek out a living

Couldn't agree with you more. I also liked what @Grownsince95 said about how funny it will be if we are all just growing variants of the same 10 strains!!! What's not funny is that I've seen at least 3 other strains that looks identical to HSCs PMM. And cookies? Idk wtf other people are smelling but Ive got some GSC going and I got a hint of sweet rotten Cookie dough for maybe a week. Then it was just funky. I'm about to chop it. Waiting for more amber. But it's not cookies lol. All I want is a consistent pretty gassy frosty plant that has a donkey kick to the forehead and whose rosin should be called xanax. That's it. That strain and I'm good. Still looking...

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Alright, there's mad heat in this thread I'd rather not engage with. So, back to post one: breeders to watch.

@Dragonsflame is throwing down some serious work. Sure, the lines are hybrids on hybrids, but they're by far some of the most stable, colorful, frosty, knock-your-dick-in-the-dirt genetics I've worked with. Well thought out gear bred (originally) for the PNW type climate. Anyone that's grown in this region knows this is an unkind area for cannabis between pests and diseases.

I also have my eye on Brother's Grimm because of everywhere I've looked, their C99 looks most on point to the original, and their other gear is also lineage-accurate, according to their site.

Agreed. Hey a couple of guys here pointed me to Mosca and Useful. I tripped and found Copa. Mosca has some really nice original Indiana Bubblegum hybrids like Bubblegum Boogie. You like C99. Then you'll love their Dancing Queen. If you can find it, Copa has Zip Tape that was given out as a freebie. Its Early Glue x Black Domina. There are a lot of breeders out there who have. Even around for a long time who are putting out pretty excellent classic hybrids.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Couldn't agree with you more. I also liked what @Grownsince95 said about how funny it will be if we are all just growing variants of the same 10 strains!!! What's not funny is that I've seen at least 3 other strains that looks identical to HSCs PMM. And cookies? Idk wtf other people are smelling but Ive got some GSC going and I got a hint of sweet rotten Cookie dough for maybe a week. Then it was just funky. I'm about to chop it. Waiting for more amber. But it's not cookies lol. All I want is a consistent pretty gassy frosty plant that has a donkey kick to the forehead and whose rosin should be called xanax. That's it. That strain and I'm good. Still looking...
When you find it, let me know. P

latinum Cookies from the dispo is the only weed I've ever had that took my anxiety from "this is SOP" to "so this is what it's like without heart racing, crippling anxiety."

Fuck, I can't even enjoy the herb I grow anymore because of my levels of typical anxiety and like fuck if I'm going back to a dispo. Too invested in my equipment at this point to ever spend another $50 on someone else's weed.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

When you find it, let me know. P

latinum Cookies from the dispo is the only weed I've ever had that took my anxiety from "this is SOP" to "so this is what it's like without heart racing, crippling anxiety."

Fuck, I can't even enjoy the herb I grow anymore because of my levels of typical anxiety and like fuck if I'm going back to a dispo. Too invested in my equipment at this point to ever spend another $50 on someone else's weed.

Tropicana cookies eased my anxiety big time...try it out

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter

Thanks for the shoutout bud..

Just for the record...I also work heirlooms, pure lines, landraces, and make / work hybrids off landrace / heirlooms. But...the market doesn't really want that so its just not what I'm known for. Outdoor tough climate genetics has definitely become what I'm known for.

I definitely would consider myself part of the newer guard. I am a younger breeder / brand then the old school OGs, but I have a legacy I'm building.

Cheers

Jeff from DFG

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
It's all pollen chucking.
It's just... how well can you chuck it?
It's all fucking gimmicky pseudoscience and it's perfectly summed up by the incessant use of the word "strain".

Some people may have used some responsible selection over the years, but my doubts are high that even these 'elite'/heirloom 'strains' are really what they are claimed to be. Even if some of these breeders have gotten their genetics close to the original source, I'll again throw my high doubts that those original sources even did, at any point in time, their due diligence the likes of orchids, tulips, tomatoes, etc. that all have very dedicated, legitimate, and verifiable pedigrees.

It started on the black market and that's what you get... missing bits with which people can fill in their own blanks.

It's not my intention to disrespect nor illegitimize any original or modern breeders... I just think you can only verify so much with such a fragmented database to begin with.

Ive always said it as stoner outlaws make shitty historians.

beluga

beluga

Ive always said it as stoner outlaws make shitty historians.
Exactly.

And I can only imagine that whatever source those early Dutch, Cali, Spanish, etc. breeders got their seeds from were also just trying to make a sale or, at the very least, did not have a very strict adherence to lineage/genealogy.

Muddled from point A. Cause our beloved plant has a way of muddling.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Exactly.

And I can only imagine that whatever source those early Dutch, Cali, Spanish, etc. breeders got their seeds from were also just trying to make a sale or, at the very least, did not have a very strict adherence to lineage/genealogy.

Muddled from point A. Cause our beloved plant has a way of muddling.

Yea...and then add money and ego in...recipe for some murky at best

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

In for the win!!!!! This thread takin a turn for the better! Dragonsflame i was checkin your website out and some of your genes, i am interested in genetics that get HUGE, lotsa vigor and fast finishing, i have to cut by the end of October usually. I like to attempt to grow genes to their max potential, i will be running all 1k pots next year, guaranteed over 12ft!!!

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Also as a breeder, and someone who is highly involved with that side of cannabis what up and coming breeders are you keeping your eye on? And what old school standards should be looked into and used?

shaganja

shaganja

No till regenerative is gaining steam. After last season, I am a believer. Another thing that will be trending will be landraces. We have bottlenecked our varieties, down to hindu kush. Almost every strain contains kush. Kush was the first strain to show up that could speed up the south American, Hawaiian, Thai, strains. We now know a few short season plants that can be used also. Iran, Egypt, and Turkey have short season plants. And there are more and more as more places are explored. I think diversity will be the new trend. Strains made that don't contain the same gene pool that is currently occupying the market.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Thanks for the shoutout bud..

Just for the record...I also work heirlooms, pure lines, landraces, and make / work hybrids off landrace / heirlooms. But...the market doesn't really want that so its just not what I'm known for. Outdoor tough climate genetics has definitely become what I'm known for.

I definitely would consider myself part of the newer guard. I am a younger breeder / brand then the old school OGs, but I have a legacy I'm building.

Cheers

Jeff from DFG

Got any strains great for growing conditions north of the 45?

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
In for the win!!!!! This thread takin a turn for the better! Dragonsflame i was checkin your website out and some of your genes, i am interested in genetics that get HUGE, lotsa vigor and fast finishing, i have to cut by the end of October usually. I like to attempt to grow genes to their max potential, i will be running all 1k pots next year, guaranteed over 12ft!!!

Dragons Stash F3s
Love Stash
Missys Stash
Dragons Brew

All will fill up those 1k pots and get big, finish in time, take what nature can throw not rot out or give ya issues.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Also as a breeder, and someone who is highly involved with that side of cannabis what up and coming breeders are you keeping your eye on? And what old school standards should be looked into and used?

So Ill say this...I dont vouch for people I haven't met personally and trust / respect / have grown their flower and seen their setups, so my two...

Matchmaker Genetics - friend here in hawaii that is very passionate about cannabis, has high standards,
Staefli Farms - friend growing in southern oregon, true stewards of their land, and very dedicated to high quality and permaculture type.

Bobrown14

Bobrown14

I do not enjoy smoking fem'd weed......fem'd erb is the commie tranny of the weed world!!!

WTF is a "commie trannie"?? It's 2021 bro get your PC in order please.
Reading shit like that is just tiresome, not helpful and downright insulting.

You must me some sort of genius being able to tell the difference between fem'd seed herb and regular.. I call BS on that too.

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
This is a puppy... a very very cute puppy.

View attachment 1072422

Do you like the puppy?

I like the puppy.

See? Dont you feel better now?

Sweet!

<fires up sits back>

This has been your 15 seconds of calm.

Carry on.

Ive always wanted to breed neos! Im on a few wait lists but its gonna be pretty $$$ getting em to hawaii due to our crazy importing laws

Latest posts

Top Bottom