The old guard breeders starting to drop, whats next?

• Thread starter ezenzyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the rrock

the rrock

Thanks for the shoutout bud..

Just for the record...I also work heirlooms, pure lines, landraces, and make / work hybrids off landrace / heirlooms. But...the market doesn't really want that so its just not what I'm known for. Outdoor tough climate genetics has definitely become what I'm known for.

I definitely would consider myself part of the newer guard. I am a younger breeder / brand then the old school OGs, but I have a legacy I'm building.

Cheers

Jeff from DFG
thanks for your work DFG,takes alot of time and patience to be a good breeder,no shortcuts.Most of the young punk breeders avoid the work part and skip to the end by using others strains(which there is nothing wrong with) just dont pass them off as your own

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Ive always wanted to breed neos! Im on a few wait lists but its gonna be pretty $$$ getting em to hawaii due to our crazy importing laws

Bet that would be a pain in the ass for sure. We had him shipped to us from Iowa. They aren't easy to find at a good price with good lines. Range falls into that $3000 - $5000. That was Christmas for my wife and I :) Well the main part of Christmas. I got to wedge a Viparspectra P4000, 4 Ton DabPress (Presso went back), and another half dozen or so strains into that lol :)))

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
Bet that would be a pain in the ass for sure. We had him shipped to us from Iowa. They aren't easy to find at a good price with good lines. Range falls into that $3000 - $5000. That was Christmas for my wife and I :) Well the main part of Christmas. I got to wedge a Viparspectra P4000, 4 Ton DabPress (Presso went back), and another half dozen or so strains into that lol :)))
yea pre flu the quote was 2k usd to ship one from new zealand / Australia. now its double. We may pull the trigger still, the wait list we are on they are expecting to breed in the spring..so pups prob would be ready to fly if all things went right around august. She sells hers for 5k New Zealand dollars which is about 3700 us. we shall see...if its still 5k to ship one prob not

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
yea pre flu the quote was 2k usd to ship one from new zealand / Australia. now its double. We may pull the trigger still, the wait list we are on they are expecting to breed in the spring..so pups prob would be ready to fly if all things went right around august. She sells hers for 5k New Zealand dollars which is about 3700 us. we shall see...if its still 5k to ship one prob not

We've had a few English Mastiffs before our Neo. So we were very prepared for his personality/mentality/genetic behaviors. He is literally everything we loved about our previous Mastiffs individually all balled up into one package. In short he's off the hook, ridiculous, messy, hilarious, and loves our guts. The guard trait runs deep in him. If he's uneasy then he inserts himself between you and whatever it is and growls. It's pretty cute when he does it to trees. He heels naturally and is always tuned into you for his next cue. And we take him everywhere to ensure he is socialized properly. Damn you if you dont come and meet him. He pitches fits. Totally appropriate. He's a Mastiff lol! Not telling you what to do, but if I had to do it all over again, then I'd pay the 5k. Seriously.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

LOL! One of my favorite genes
UkpeKgsMQFqFkWTwkgRgCA

SHIBA INU!!!!! Much dank, very good!

Its super funny how it flips from quality genes, to pissing contest about silver juice, to dog breeds!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
LOL! One of my favorite genes

SHIBA INU!!!!! Much dank, very good!

Its super funny how it flips from quality genes, to pissing contest about silver juice, to dog breeds!

Well the funny thing about genetics is that we are a lot more forgiving (like they are totally irrelevant) when it comes to our furry family members :)) I don't give a shit about show quality. More like quality of life.

With respect to weed... man I'm looking at my flowering room. I can see old school skunk in 4 strains, plain as day. Heavy Kush influences in 6 to 7 strains. Some old school indica with orange pistils. Remember that shit from the bag weed days? Right. I've got that. And last but not least, can't remember which strain from the good ole days used to be almost lime sometimes, but there are 2 lighter green strains I'm running that is reminiscent of that.

Can't remember if it was grownsince95 or 79 or MiMedGrower, but someone said something about when genetic testing comes about we are all going to shit ourselves when we find out we've all been growing different phenos of the same 10 to 12 strains. Bwah! I'm with him on that. I think a lot of this breeding is nothing more than hype and bullshit. It's rare that someone comes out with something that is TRULY new and never experienced before. We all keep looking.

But at the end of the day if it is frosted, heavy, dank, and stanky and isn't called something like Kris Kringles Fruity Lips, then I'm good and really don't give a shit. Sure I love variety when I'm growing. It's nice to see different strains bud up and finish in different ways. I'm not so much about varients when it hits the pipe. I want one thing. Donkey kick to the face. I want to go numb for a minute. Note, tone, pairings?! WTF for real? I'm not a somalier. I'm a stoner. When I hit a dab, if my feet are swept out from under me, then mission accomplished. If I'm hitting flower... does it do the rip? Yeah? I'm good.

(not bringing up silver again cause that's like a lights thread)

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

AKBeanBrains has some really good old school stuff from the 80s-90s. Mainly The Seed bank, Sensi Seeds, Super Sativa Seed Club, and a couple others.

Hes got pure NL1
NL5/Sensi Seeds
NL5/Haze
PNW Hashplant crosses
Superskunk/Hybrids... Pure SS is sold out
Black Domina/Hybrids
Big Skunk Hybrids
Sk1 Hybrids
Durban/SSSC Genetics
1984-5 Alaskan cut NL5/Haze Waco Hybrids/Americanna
Beatrix Choice
Colorado Cough x TK/NL5/Haze
And all kinds of other stuff

He has all kinds of killer Haze Hybrids. He also has some of Nevils Unreleased work. Swiss Thai Nevils Haze OG. Male used is OG Kush x organkid Chemdog 91 BX3, and is OG Dominant. Hes got all kinds of crosses using this male.
He says he grew a random pack, and one plant was possibly the best weed he ever smoked, so he says. He is also holder of the Colorado Cough, and works some with AKBeanBrains. He is in UK.
AKBB is in Alaska.

Swami Organic Seeds also has to many strains/hybrids to name.

Lucky Dog Seeds

Ace Seeds for Landrace

Real Seed Company also for Landrace
Snowhigh
Dominion Seed Company/Duke Diamond VA if he ever gets back up and running.

Todd McCormick/Mel Frank.
Has original 80s Sk1
Sk1/Haze
All kinds of Nevils Haze Hybrids.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I've got that. And last but not least, can't remember which strain from the good ole days used to be almost lime sometimes, but there are 2 lighter green strains I'm running that is reminiscent of that.
The one that comes to mind for me (fitting your description) is Cush, aka Green Crack. Early 2000s era cut. Shit was like... the pulp of a lime color. Frosty bitch too. Oh, how I miss that era so. Plenty of good genetics around now, but it seems like a lot of us hold onto nostalgia hard when it comes to these things, and while the new fangled shiny shit is nice, it's not what we had and lost.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
AKBeanBrains has some really good old school stuff from the 80s-90s. Mainly The Seed bank, Sensi Seeds, Super Sativa Seed Club, and a couple others.

Hes got pure NL1
NL5/Sensi Seeds
NL5/Haze
PNW Hashplant crosses
Superskunk/Hybrids... Pure SS is sold out
Black Domina/Hybrids
Big Skunk Hybrids
Sk1 Hybrids
Durban/SSSC Genetics
1984-5 Alaskan cut NL5/Haze Waco Hybrids/Americanna
Beatrix Choice
Colorado Cough x TK/NL5/Haze
And all kinds of other stuff

He has all kinds of killer Haze Hybrids. He also has some of Nevils Unreleased work. Swiss Thai Nevils Haze OG. Male used is OG Kush x organkid Chemdog 91 BX3, and is OG Dominant. Hes got all kinds of crosses using this male.
He says he grew a random pack, and one plant was possibly the best weed he ever smoked, so he says. He is also holder of the Colorado Cough, and works some with AKBeanBrains. He is in UK.
AKBB is in Alaska.

Swami Organic Seeds also has to many strains/hybrids to name.

Lucky Dog Seeds

Ace Seeds for Landrace

Real Seed Company also for Landrace
Snowhigh
Dominion Seed Company/Duke Diamond VA if he ever gets back up and running.

Todd McCormick/Mel Frank.
Has original 80s Sk1
Sk1/Haze
All kinds of Nevils Haze Hybrids.

Man now's the time to jump on Nevil's genetics while they are still out there for sure. Thank you very much for this.

shades

shades

is this the breeder?

127 new releases

198 feminized crosses

"Our family, at Humboldt CSI, have resided in Humboldt County California for nearly 100 years…during the last 40+ years three generations of us have cultivated, high quality, sinsemilla Cannabis around ..."

<only 're-legal' to do so since the '90s>

LoL

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
The one that comes to mind for me (fitting your description) is Cush, aka Green Crack. Early 2000s era cut. Shit was like... the pulp of a lime color. Frosty bitch too. Oh, how I miss that era so. Plenty of good genetics around now, but it seems like a lot of us hold onto nostalgia hard when it comes to these things, and while the new fangled shiny shit is nice, it's not what we had and lost.

I don't think it's lost at all. I think variants of it are all around us. And while it might not be possible to have it ALL the way back to what it was, it's pretty simple to get it close.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I don't think it's lost at all. I think variants of it are all around us. And while it might not be possible to have it ALL the way back to what it was, it's pretty simple to get it close.
don't go lighting that fire in me again lol for a while i was hunting seedbanks for lines that other lines were bred from, with the idea that while I wouldn't likely end up with the specific phenos that led to a strain, i could get pretty damn close. I suppose there's always IBLs and selective breeding to try and isolate traits.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
don't go lighting that fire in me again lol for a while i was hunting seedbanks for lines that other lines were bred from, with the idea that while I wouldn't likely end up with the specific phenos that led to a strain, i could get pretty damn close. I suppose there's always IBLs and selective breeding to try and isolate traits.

I read about a breeders strategy where he uses silver to reverse a plant's clone that does what he wants it to do. And just launches another fem to hit with the pollen. The he grows and breeds to F2 and pheno hunts that trait he wanted in the first place. Kind of like running a stacked deck. Eventually it's going to appear. Makes sense. Never worked it like that.

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

a lot of people still have hope to go with blind luck!

OLDSILVERTIP

OLDSILVERTIP

You shouldn't need our input if you want to start manipulating this precious gene pool. You should be perfecting growing and learning until you can handle that type responsibility. Not hating. Start some chucks and teach yourself.
kaka a lot of us nubees still nead to learn a lot,always been stick it in the ground and leave the area alone, till males start coming in!

CannaKryptik

CannaKryptik

Fuuuuuuuck are you serious??? I can name 3 people in this thread who I know are classics junkies and am probably missing another 1/2 dozen. Pre 98 Bubba Kush, CD4, LAC, Purple Urkle, 5 BOG Strains, a original Indiana Bubblegum hybrid by Mosca, and another by them that is a C99 hybrid, and an Early Glue x Black Domina by Copa. There's LOTS of classic shit going down everywhere. But everyone paints this brush of euphoric recall on the old stuff. I like the gassy diesel side of life. But I also like thc content that hits like a brick. Today's weed? Bricks. Yesteryear? We had to work lf to get close.

Silver vs Seed. Fuuuuuuuck idk. I just got silver in to produce a butt ton of BOGs seeds for my freezer jic I dont get a male or 5. And I've been caught in that occasional situation where these are the last of something they pop fem and they either become a memory or I have to buy again.

And to the dude talking about old guard fading out. Dude the old guard NEVER fades out. The next generation always ages and takes a step forward to take their seats.

What's next? Wtf knows man. The debates about the sickest strains gets old. Find what you enjoy. Roll it. Puck it and press it. Bubble hash it. Stick it up your ass for a thc enema idc. But enjoy it. And then share it. The seeds, the flower, your hard won knowledge, all of it.

That's all I've got.
I got lucky and scored some BOG Bubble in auction. Have a chance at two other of his, can get them both for 280 I think. Is that reasonable in your opinion. Reasonable being relative of course

C

CideHameteBenengeli

run run run awau

man thats one well bred puppy!
I beg to differ, and one only has to look at photos of Napos from the 70s and 80s to see the degeneration of the breed, starting with a belfos so dangling that they can be bitten off.

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I would totally bite on the bog for that price so long as they are not tooo old

Latest posts

Top Bottom