The PGR Plague W. T. F.

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

Recently, after receiving a bag of zkittlez that essentially had no smell, but looked good, aside from strangely vibrant reddish orange pistils, I decided to start investigating online and found that it was grown with PGRs. Upon further investigation it appears almost everything I buy was grown with these chemicals. WTF sort of culture is promoting this crap. I always thought the buds were just dense from being squeezed when vacuum sealed for transport but it’s apparent that they were just loaded with unsafe chemicals. It really pisses me off. I don’t wanna smoke that shit and nobody else should either. I know I’m probably preaching to the choir but fuck anyone that uses this crap then sells it to unsuspecting customers.

growsince79

growsince79

Recently, after receiving a bag of zkittlez that essentially had no smell, but looked good, aside from strangely vibrant reddish orange pistils, I decided to start investigating online and found that it was grown with PGRs. Upon further investigation it appears almost everything I buy was grown with these chemicals. WTF sort of culture is promoting this crap. I always thought the buds were just dense from being squeezed when vacuum sealed for transport but it’s apparent that they were just loaded with unsafe chemicals. It really pisses me off. I don’t wanna smoke that shit and nobody else should either. I know I’m probably preaching to the choir but fuck anyone that uses this crap then sells it to unsuspecting customers.
That's why we grow. No pgr and the buds are rock solid and taste great. My buds never get sprayed with anything. Anything sub par goes in the compost pile.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

WTF sort of culture is promoting this crap.
Greed and ignorance are the founding bricks of the Nowadays Cannabizness....Thers just nothing more than that.
And this hype it seems getting more and more people in....i know plenty of peeps that cant stop to came up with stupid ideas of stupid ripoff products tryn to make easy and fast money basically taking advantage of new generations of growers in the aim of became millionaire, ......it makes me vomit too....
BTW in Europe all the orchard growers and some veggie farmer too uses Paclobutrazol, sadly PGRs are also in our foods....

Dothraki

Dothraki

Greed and ignorance are the founding bricks of the Nowadays Cannabizness....Thers just nothing more than that.
And this hype it seems getting more and more people in....i know plenty of peeps that cant stop to came up with stupid ideas of stupid ripoff products tryn to make easy and fast money basically taking advantage of new generations of growers in the aim of became millionaire, ......it makes me vomit too....
BTW in Europe all the orchard growers and some veggie farmer too uses Paclobutrazol, sadly PGRs are also in our foods....
Its bullshit...but not surprising at all, unfortunately. It’s just too bad there isn’t enough education for people to make informed decisions and the “gangsta” culture perpetuates this sort of ignorance. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if some jackasses out there sprayed skunk essence on their crops lol. I expect it with mass productions of food and other mass produced “goods” but damn....leave that to the corrupt corporate and political assholes.

I didn’t realize how bad this condition was but now it all makes sense. If I hadn’t started growing already this alone would be enough for me. The zkittlez is so saturated with this crap that it feels spongy almost like it was soaked in Mountain Dew and re-dried. My fault for buying it when I noticed the strange pistil colors.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Its bullshit...but not surprising at all, unfortunately. It’s just too bad there isn’t enough education for people to make informed decisions and the “gangsta” culture perpetuates this sort of ignorance. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if some jackasses out there sprayed skunk essence on their crops lol. I expect it with mass productions of food and other mass produced “goods” but damn....leave that to the corrupt corporate and political assholes.

I didn’t realize how bad this condition was but now it all makes sense. If I hadn’t started growing already this alone would be enough for me. The zkittlez is so saturated with this crap that it feels spongy almost like it was soaked in Mountain Dew and re-dried. My fault for buying it when I noticed the strange pistil colors.
Pics???

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Curious how you found out your source uses PGR? It's not something that is permitted for use anywhere, so they were doing it illegally.

That said as GrowHobo mentioned, not all PGR is bad and some are permitted for use.
What PGR were they using?

Cypress66

Cypress66

Curious how you found out your source uses PGR? It's not something that is permitted for use anywhere, so they were doing it illegally.

That said as GrowHobo mentioned, not all PGR is bad and some are permitted for use.
What PGR were they using?
True some of the pgrs are derived from the plants is a very controversial subject to a lot of people who are growing and they are capable of being a good thing and they are capable of being a not so good thing depending on how you are using them and when they have to be used at the right time and they will have a good affect on your plants but they will have negative results used at the wrong time I’ve had experience with using triacontanol and gibberelic acid and the instructions were to use them every time you feed from the start of the veg period right through to the end i was four weeks before the flip to flower. I was using both and the garden was looking great but it definitely affected the way they stretched it just didn’t have any Since then I have used just triacontanol the last week of veg and the fourth week of flower or after the stretch and it was fine but I think it’s a thing that you need to get knowledge about gibberellin is a good way for your seeds to germinate quickly and I’ve been doing that it works but my source of buying it was a Ebay seller was a freebie for buying his pk booster. I have spoken with the seller for advice on how to use them. I was told some very interesting things about them that made sense to me like they use gib too increase the size of grapes they were very rounded years ago but they are always long and bigger now and apparently the gib is the cause of it. The triacontanol is 99% beeswax is a natural hormone that is in the plants. They have to be used carefully and properly. That’s the thing that I’ve been trying to figure out and the last two grows i haven’t been using it still a bit dubious about it but the two of the things I’ve been using are safe to use and alfalfa has triacontanol within it But is something that I’ve been doing a bit of research on the subject and the results are very interesting to say the least they are very much the same as each other in the effects on the results of the plants 🌱 both are regularly used in agriculture growing and perfectly safe but there are a lot more of them that are not legal to grow in the agriculture and growing edible plants Very much of a growing choice of growers and the plants results in the end results More to the point of the using them is to understand the right way of using them and the right time to get the results that’s my 2 penneth worth anyway. Sorry about the long post I do go on a bit. Peace ✌️

Anthem

Anthem

Once you have seen buds grown with PACO you will never forget the look. The bubs look completely different and it is only 1 use of the stuff and these guys are off to the races. I was told some stuff had tria in it so I tried it and I figured out it was actually PACO. I will never use that stuff. I do not want to take blame. Tria and Gibb so help but they are not like game changers. PACO will stack large heavy buds.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Massive from green planet has triacontanol in it and I use it through my flowering. Buds are dense and the smell and taste is amazing. Just ordered more lol. . .I dont know much about it other than its legal, and been around for a while. Id like to know the negatives of it though, what are they if you all know? Im sure its the most popular PGR being used in the weed industry right?

Cypress66

Cypress66

Once you have seen buds grown with PACO you will never forget the look. The bubs look completely different and it is only 1 use of the stuff and these guys are off to the races. I was told some stuff had tria in it so I tried it and I figured out it was actually PACO. I will never use that stuff. I do not want to take blame. Tria and Gibb so help but they are not like game changers. PACO will stack large heavy buds.
Not heard of paco? The market is full of them but they are very daunting to me but they are rumoured to be used in a lot of well known nutes when you say you don’t want to take the blame what do you mean? Peace ✌️

Anthem

Anthem

Not heard of paco? The market is full of them but they are very daunting to me but they are rumoured to be used in a lot of well known nutes when you say you don’t want to take the blame what do you mean? Peace ✌️
Paco is short for paclobutrazol. It is one of the worst PGR's for humans. Along with stuff like Merit and some of the other pesticides that are systemic. Basically anything you use that shows remarkable results has some sort of an input that is one of the I want to say 6 inputs that can effect growth rates. The input list is in BillFarthings theard the recipe. If it seems to good to be true is probably is. Massive will improve yield but it is not like you are going to go from 2 a light to 3 a light. In my experience abour 1/4 at most. More is to be gained by controlling the environment and correctly feeding the plants.
I do not want to be blamed for someone getting sick or worse

Cypress66

Cypress66

Massive from green planet has triacontanol in it and I use it through my flowering. Buds are dense and the smell and taste is amazing. Just ordered more lol. . .I dont know much about it other than its legal, and been around for a while. Id like to know the negatives of it though, what are they if you all know? Im sure its the most popular PGR being used in the weed industry right?
The only thing that I can say on the negatives are when I used both of them and it was every time I fed them and they were daily and they were about four weeks before I flipped them to flower and they didn’t have any stretch and I had grown this strain before they had a good stretch but they didn’t have any so I would say that it is something that you don’t want to use in the veg stage and definitely not every feed. The gib is meant to cause a stretch and elongated size to the flower but it could have opposite results with over using the knowledge of using them isn’t that much but the results of the next garden and only using the triacontanol and only just before the end of the veg period and again after the stretch if i remember right and they were fine it definitely didn’t harm them but not sure that they were any better flower wise. The way you are doing it is a better way for the ratio of the food My triacontanol and the gib is in a bottle that is added to the feed and to feed every time It is something that they will be using at the right time and it is something that you can get the results you are looking for When used properly as a food i think they will work but they are not something to just put into the plants without any kind of understanding of what they will do to your plants and being sure they are not poisonous to you and there are some that you can get that are if they are used to grow food in farming they are okay to be using for your plants as far as I’m concerned if it’s a benefit to the plants and not going to be hurting them or you i have no problem with using it nothing is wrong with that. You still need a lot more than food to get your plants to grow and get good results and there’s no miracle food to be able to get the results they are just help if you’re using them properly again for the record this is what I have learned from using them. Peace ✌️

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Really makes me wonder about all this 140 a qtr "zaza" flooding the market, bought a qtr to try it and burnt black and gave me a sore throat and every nug ive ever seen come out of them fancy mylar bags has been rock solid and spongy I'll guarantee you they are loaded with all kinds of nasty bs, but clueless people are still paying them prices I don't understand it

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Paclobutrazol is a weird chemical. When you know how it works its easier to spot the finished product in a lineup
It acts essentially the opposite of giberellin, when you dose a plant with it, the plant immediately starts flowering, no 10 day delay of onset. And it prevents elongation of flower bracts so the bud grows abnormally dense. There will be virtually zero air in the bud.
It also reduces cannabinoid and terpenes.

So when you see a High Times centerfold nugget that's harder than diamond, has little smell and barely gets you high,.. good chance there is fuckery afoot.

It's important to not classify every dense bud as a paclo bud though. I've grown many many strains that were absolutely rock hard naturally. The difference is mine would stink up an auditorium if you had an 8th in your pocket, and it gets you lit.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Really makes me wonder about all this 140 a qtr "zaza" flooding the market, bought a qtr to try it and burnt black and gave me a sore throat and every nug ive ever seen come out of them fancy mylar bags has been rock solid and spongy I'll guarantee you they are loaded with all kinds of nasty bs, but clueless people are still paying them prices I don't understand it
Paclobutrazol is a weird chemical. When you know how it works its easier to spot the finished product in a lineup
It acts essentially the opposite of giberellin, when you dose a plant with it, the plant immediately starts flowering, no 10 day delay of onset. And it prevents elongation of flower bracts so the bud grows abnormally dense. There will be virtually zero air in the bud.
It also reduces cannabinoid and terpenes.

So when you see a High Times centerfold nugget that's harder than diamond, has little smell and barely gets you high,.. good chance there is fuckery afoot.

It's important to not classify every dense bud as a paclo bud though. I've grown many many strains that were absolutely rock hard naturally. The difference is mine would stink up an auditorium if you had an 8th in your pocket, and it gets you lit.
Exactly...I unfortunately had the pleasure of experiencing this one about a week or 2 ago. It was zkittlez. At first I thought the dark vibrant red hairs looked funny, the bud was super dense but spongy. Then, there was very little smell to the bud even broke open, smoke tasted like burnt paper and smelled like it too. Just by looks the bud looked great, aside from the strange color of pistils.

Last edited:
Dothraki

Dothraki

Oh and also I had a PGR blue dream and a foxtailed Wonka Bar that smelled almost like a fish tank. The Blue Dream wasn’t as bad but shared a common taste and smell with the Wonka while having a PGR look, not the spongy PGR but the one that’s like someone made them out of paper machete. None of these were from a dispensary so obviously not legal and tested...but I’m seeing it everywhere now within the past few months.

And whats the deal with the buds that look like someone dumped kief all over it, like powdery how collected dry Kief looks? It’s even there when you crack the bud opened. Now...it doesn’t look like some fire, dank nuggz... it looks like unnatural...paper machete, unnaturally dense like compressed and powdered with old Kief all over and inside it.

I’ll post some pics

Last edited:
Dothraki

Dothraki

7FFD494E F204 4FE6 90AC AB523A550752
29FA1DA8 40C9 49C1 B883 2C0AB54F3989

Dothraki

Dothraki

Sounds like you need to find a better place to shop.
It’s all over here from every dealer that suddenly sells 8 different strains at once. There’s big operations manufacturing this crap and selling it by the pounds to dealers. These guys are jacking their shit up to try and make it look the best and the most dense. If they know that some ornamental plant fruit booster will make the buds bigger, in it goes to every plant in the grow facility.

Latest posts

Top Bottom