The plant's too damn big!

• Thread starter Oregrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cattapilla

Cattapilla

After I saw that the first time I stopped being so scared of bumping or touching my plants. And if I break something, anything will help mend it. Toothpicks, bandaids, superglue, plant tape. Made it all easier for me. Thanks! Of course I also looked for resources to report you to the bad cannabis dad authorities.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

That's not true
I feel like the general idea of topping an auto seems to stem from a series of amateur grows that yielded poorly. I have seen autos being topped with great results, but Ive also seen some stunted growth. I personally, would not try topping unless I am fluent in growing autos, and know which specific strains recover best. I'm honestly struggle with watering these ladies, so I can see how the no topping stigma arises.

DirtBagDev

DirtBagDev

what you said makes sense. you can't just top any old auto and expect it to increase your yield.

i have had it work in my favor a few times. but I kinda dont like autos so I tend to treat em like shit or experiment alot with what they can handle as far as training and light schedule and feeding go.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

what you said makes sense. you can't just top any old auto and expect it to increase your yield.

i have had it work in my favor a few times. but I kinda dont like autos so I tend to treat em like shit or experiment alot with what they can handle as far as training and light schedule and feeding go.
I only run autos because I would not be able to maintain complete darkness without any leaks for a photo. These genes are so fussy and just exhausting. 5 weeks in and I'm pulling at my hair

DirtBagDev

DirtBagDev

I only run autos because I would not be able to maintain complete darkness without any leaks for a photo. These genes are so fussy and just exhausting. 5 weeks in and I'm pulling at my hair
understandable, just always remember to keep learning. if you have an opportunity to set aside some decent space for a tent or a room and start throwin some money at it in the right way. you can start pullin down some LBs. but LBs only come with photo-period genetics... I mean unless you SOG or mass plant autos, thats a waste of resources imo

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

understandable, just always remember to keep learning. if you have an opportunity to set aside some decent space for a tent or a room and start throwin some money at it in the right way. you can start pullin down some LBs. but LBs only come with photo-period genetics... I mean unless you SOG or mass plant autos, thats a waste of resources imo
totally agree. I'm doing my best to get a tent out here. Everything has to be exported and whatnot, also just ordering the lights is sketchy enough. I have plans for a grow room, but not anytime soon. For now its just a handful of genetics I managed to bring with me. LST has helped a ton, but still, no one talks grams anymore, its all about the sustainability that comes from efficiency.

DirtBagDev

DirtBagDev

totally agree. I'm doing my best to get a tent out here. Everything has to be exported and whatnot, also just ordering the lights is sketchy enough. I have plans for a grow room, but not anytime soon. For now its just a handful of genetics I managed to bring with me. LST has helped a ton, but still, no one talks grams anymore, its all about the sustainability that comes from efficiency.
good man.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
It actually loved it , it grew 4 tops and totally healed. I didn't even splint it or anything. Just put it in the tent beaten and drooping.

Before

View attachment 905561

After

View attachment 905560
It actually loved it , it grew 4 tops and totally healed. I didn't even splint it or anything. Just put it in the tent beaten and drooping.

Before

View attachment 905561

After

View attachment 905560

I like my weed like I like my women... traumatized

ludacris

ludacris

I'm sure I was browsing an auto forum and they were discussing cloning autos which is also a no no

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm sure I was browsing an auto forum and they were discussing cloning autos which is also a no no

You can clone them but the clone will start at the stage the mother is in and go from there. So you end up with a small useless plant.

Top Bottom