The Pollen Chuckers Club! Homemade Crosses only...

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

ent

i got some beans from a cross i did with my black african elephant and this realy nice unkown plant. the seeds from the unknown were in a mix seeds bottle. my freind been collecting from the dispenseries. i planted three 2 came up. hopefuly they are nice.

Are those seeds larger than normal seeds?

B

Bobblehead

I've made my first seeds, on purpose anyway... lol I made Grape Skunk F3's... However I also had a grape pheno Sugar Cane Kush herm on me, so there's some Grape Sugar Cane Skush seeds in there too! :)

GanjaGardener

GanjaGardener

Into Terps

Excluding the occasional volunteer, my breeding efforts over the past 2 years have been directed at BCing my main production run plant, Shiva Skunk, for enhanced aroma, (leaning towards the skunky side) and for a quicker turnaround, (have knocked off 5-7 das.)

That is... until a few months ago. (Now what have I gotten myself into?)

Blue Moonshine = BM
Pineapple Punch= PP (strong, unmistakable pineapple scent pheno)
Moroccan LR- KO (working name- Ketama Orange - from a pheno w/ a particularly strong orange scent.
Shiva Skunk= SS
Vanilla Kush- VK

SS f1, f2
BMxSS
SSxKO
VKxKO (working name** "Creamsicle")
PPxKO (Pineapple-Orange)
BM x KO (working name** "Moroccan Moonshine")

**working names are for me and my MMJ customer base. Am holding all seeds and tissue until stabilized and or I get it right.

All are currently in week 7 of veg . The BM x SS and BM x KO are showing great vigor and are outgrowing SS f1, f2s and SS x KOs w/ same start date. Will take some pics when I flip to flowering.

Here's a shot of the LR Moroccan, (working name "Ketama Orange"/"KO")- I'll write up a smoke report on it in the near future (ie when I come back up for air from the S-load of 1->3 gal transplants that are waiting on me.)

PS have got a decent vanilla to work with but am looking for a stronger, more distinctive scent- more vanilla- less "caramelly." Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Ketama Orange

ko1a.jpg

fractal

fractal

I got a strong and stanky male plant from my sour widow cross, thought it was a female until those nubs at the nodes didn't sprout any pistils. It's got balls, and also a really healthy look so I'm going to see what kind of offspring this plant can produce with some of my favorite clones. And also another generation of sour widow because this shit is 95% uniform from seed. The four plants together are the 4 females that just started flowering. One reeks like sour D so much I can hardly believe it.

Last picture is a SSH 'purple temple haze' I selected from a pack 2 years ago, crossed with blockhead males last year and this is a strong and hardy female plant from that crossing. Shows traits of both parents but there has got to be stinkier and more vigorous plants in the rest of the seeds I have.

Porchmonkeys 3 sour widows
Sour widow stankmaster
Sour widow MALE
Blockhaze
fractal

fractal

An blockhead f2s which should produce an eye popping display of colorful buds when flowered out over the next 2 months in a heated greenhouse

Block f2
Blockf22
Blockf23
Blockf24
Blockfatty2
bongstar

bongstar

hey ent i dont know if your still checking this but the seeds were healthy size but nothing to write home about, as i spoke of in the other thread as the plant has been breed in SD its seed size has reduced with each generation. they are still good size seeds but nothng like what youve seen from cptn cronick i can post one of my new seeds and the original black african elephants it came from. the originals are about 20 plus years old. and fractal are you still talking about getting a cross with block and the black maybe we could call it black head!

fractal

fractal

For sure man I'm in no hurry though. Were you going to grow out your beans and try to find a male plant that stands out?

bongstar

bongstar

i have about about 8 and my dad has about 22 im starting mine in about a month on a indoor cylcle, not sure how there going to indoor but well find out. im hoping to get a good male and if i dont im going to wait untill next season cuse my pops only dose it out door im sure that i will get a nice male once all those go in. Do you have any nice males or were you more set on using the Black af as a male, because if you have one i got 2 that are about 2 weeks old indoor and will be ready to flower in about 4 to 5 weeks.

Aligee

Aligee

TheCoolest where ya at bro? ! havnt seen ya round lately !!! hope all is well !!!

fractal

fractal

i have about about 8 and my dad has about 22 im starting mine in about a month on a indoor cylcle, not sure how there going to indoor but well find out. im hoping to get a good male and if i dont im going to wait untill next season cuse my pops only dose it out door im sure that i will get a nice male once all those go in. Do you have any nice males or were you more set on using the Black af as a male, because if you have one i got 2 that are about 2 weeks old indoor and will be ready to flower in about 4 to 5 weeks.

With the stock that low, if I were you I would plant all 30 seeds indoors and do an open pollination. But keep an eye out for males in the 30 beans there could be one worth using. Good luck talking your pops into doing this though it sounds like he is set in his ways.

I found a male plant in my sour D / w widow cross that has a great compact stature, lush green foliage and stinks just as good as the females. Also his flower buds are forming pretty densely right off the bat. Since this hybrid tured out to be 95% uniform from seed I am making more beans with 4 females and 1 selected male. If the male produces good offspring then I'm keeping it but obviously it would be nice to have a pure male plant like the african, something non-dutch.

But also I'm looking out for males in the Mental Floss, and any other strain made with DJ "I suck Monsanto cock and swallow the gravy" Short's famous blueberry jam male plant because that should be a wealth of powerful male genetics.

SW MALE
Asphalt Gardner

Asphalt Gardner

How do I learn to chuck pollen? Is there a mentor out there? I love growing and am afraid to start any breeding project before I understand it completely...if any help is out there please.

G

green73

about a year ago i got sage and black domina ....i had my setup over a so called friends house and ended up getting screwed so i took all my girls and equipment back n had nowhere to set it up...so i put them outside come to find out one of my blacks was male ...just harvested them n my sage had bout 20 beans so i just created black sage ....now i need to get these beans cracked..

E

ent

For the most part we don't like to call ourselves breeders but instead just pollen chuckers. If breeding is an art, pollen chucking is drawing stick figures. It's very easy. Everybody probably does it a bit different. But my preferred method is to create an isolation chamber that I can keep in my current grow room for a male. Grow some seeds out, choose a male based on characteristics you would like such as structure, smell, vigor, etc. I place him in the iso chamber and keep him in the tent with the females being very careful not to open the iso chamber any where near the females. Once he sheds a lot of pollen I collect it and keep it in my fridge- cut with baking flour. I cull the male and bury him. Even a small male will produce plenty of pollen. When my females are ready to pollinate (usually around day 21 for 8weekers and day 30 for 10 weekers) I bring them into a separate room. I select a couple branches I intend to pollenate and mark them with string. I cover those branches with a plastic bag and then I spray the rest of the plant down with water. Then I cover the wet parts only showing the selected branches. I use a paintbrush and paint the pollen from the fridge onto the pistils. I let it sit for a couple hours before I put the females back into the grow room. When I harvest I keep the branches with the string on them separate and collect the seeds when they dry. A properly pollinated branch that would have produced maybe 4 grams of dry buds can produce 100, 200, maybe 300 seeds.

Here's the iso chamber:

Here's one of my grows where I used it:

fractal

fractal

I took clones and scrapped the male, because he was about to bust and I had no place to let that happen, don't want to contaminate my winter crop with seeds. But check out the flower clusters, this was at 2 weeks of flowering.

Then there is a shot of the 4 Sour D x widow females, looking like a crop of clones almost. Closeups of #4, which I had my eye on from the start and I think is the keeper of the bunch. Then closeup of #1 with a little more slender growth, more sour dominant and 1st runner up for keeper. Still have yet to see what happens but damn I am happy with how this hybrid is going so far. That white widow, from Aloha Seeds Amsterdam is nothing to laugh at, the females were big producers of A++ frosty chunks and the male integrates flawlessly with the sour D.

SourWidowMALE
SourWidowX4
SourWidow4
SourWidow1
B

Buckwheat Bones

Norwegian Wood (True Blue #2) X (G)

10 week finish
blueberry lemon smell
Smoke tastes like burnt popcorn
great meds:character0201:

2010 10 23 13 42 04 144
fractal

fractal

The Sour Widow is looking real good, and I got this real nice columnar Blockhead f2 that has beautiful jade green foliage with dark purple highlights on the stalk and petioles. If it smokes as good as it looks I'm keeping a clone to do in a vertical SOG grow. The cola is about a foot long and should fill in real thick.

Blockf2
SourWidow
SourWidow 2
Top Bottom