The Pollen Chuckers Club! Homemade Crosses only...

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JAWS

JAWS

Just had a conversation w/ JAWS and wanted to pass along what I told him.

I doubt if this is going to be the road kill/skunkweed that everyone, (including myself) is looking for. It's a late 90's Skunk-1 crossed w/ a late 90's SS. NL is in the mix. At the time, I was growing outdoors and selecting plants for pm/bot resistance and stretch- the skunk was just there. I don't think this is the skunk holy grail, but it is a throwback and skunkier than anything that i've grown for awhile. I'm enthusiastic, but don't want to put out the wrong impression.

way to be up-front and not blowing smoke my friend, for that mad props....

i personaly think its a lost STRAIN well as most of us remember it any-ways and thats a HEART BREAKER for any one who remembers her from back then...

i grew out some SOUR KUSH from DNA awhile back and just hated it but for the hell of it i took a couple snips and in the next round i grew them out and they were AWESOME and they had that SKUNKY smell to them, im not at all sure why the mother did not have the smell and the clones did but after that i went and grabed several packs of DNA SOUR KUSH and i hope i find that PHENO again.....

so DISAM again i hope you and yours work with this girl and get her to point where you guys are ready to maybe push some seeds out to the ppl...
thank you:)

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

Well, my pollen chucking world got rocked since last we spoke. Neither of the SS x Shit/Sk1 crosses have shit in them. One is an F-2 or F-3 Shiva Skunk and the other is a SS x Pineapple Punch- both the result of a vacation I took several years ago. My nephew, who was tending the plot for me saw the tall Shiva male go off on his neighbors under a full moon. He and his bud had a back lit angle. It was "so cool." Not exactly what I had in mind, but what the heck. He's named after me.

The seeds subsequently got mixed up.. there are, I think, 8 different possibilities, (a PP male also popped) and 3 more mystery cross females are a week away from flip.

I fried the central cola for about 5 seconds on a 1K and had to take the top cola which sent the plant into some initial hormonal shock. It may have sent off some early sentience bu, two weeks later, the plant appears to have responded well and continues to have a voracious appetite.
SsA 1

Budding along 14" length of side branch w/ terminal colas @ 4" - 8" on avg. Excellent branch structure for indoors.
SsA 2

SsA 3

The meristem shows a marked zig-zagging from node to node that starts early in veg and holds through flower.
SsA 4

Shiva Skunk x Pineapple Punch. A distinct pineapple flavor that showed up this week helped me ID this one.

Ssxpp1
Ssxpp2
Ssxpp3

Scorpion

Scorpion

Don't care much for the term Chucker because I don't chuck anything but I do dust with a small brush so
Pollen Duster will do fine.
Here are what I am doing now.
Useing an Ortega Indica Male for pollen source,he smells of Bourbon Whiskey and has all the bells and whistles in his favor.
View attachment 200595View attachment 200596
I will use Ort#4 <bourbon cut> pollen on a few girls from Jim Ortega's Indicas.
dogless #11
View attachment 200598
View attachment 200599
dogless #5
View attachment 200602 View attachment 200606
with good luck we will be growing these seeds and some Good Dog this fall...

thanks jim

scorpion
Hello Pollenators,
Just thought to give an update on this endeavor.
I was a bit late on dusting the girls and they almost finished before my seed ripened,
but as luck would have it a few dozen seeds are viable and have germinated.
All basking in the hot summer sun just emerging from their lightly colored white shells,
setting roots in coco pots.
Dogless#5 X Ortega#4 {Fire Ortega}
Dogless#11 X Ortega#4 (Fernando Ortega}
I have very high expectations for these two and if they pan out I will be a very happy camper.
Ive heard folks asking or just discussing RKS or old school skunk ,
well let me direct you to a plant you must try if you want real skunk smell and
the HIGH to go with it.

Good Dog !
from Jim Ortega
my single GD female is the bomb and is OLD School Pakistani Plant.
almost like garlic...lol

Turned On ,Tuned Up
and
Eyes Wide Open

I will also be growing a few F1 plants from my seed I call Yeti F1
which is basically a White Skunk with a bit extra afghan in the mix....test plots last year yielded 1 kilo dried per sq mtr...rich and robust afghan aroma and colas the size of a large forearm.
ya mon!
keep it green

peace
scorpion

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

hehe. I kind of feel like I got hustled. The Shiva Bx was all skunk in veg and early flower, but gave way to a floral sweetness in mid-flower. I can tell that the skunk will dominate once cured, but SS is not the roadkill I thought I might've had a line on. Good but not approaching the greatness of the genetics I've been working w/ the past few years. Not the plant I thought I had when I took 20 cuts 6-7 weeks ago. lol

The SS x Snk1 that I thought I was growing is somewhere in there. The roadkill is somewhere out there. It's fun. :cool:

JAWS

JAWS

hehe. I kind of feel like I got hustled. The Shiva Bx was all skunk in veg and early flower, but gave way to a floral sweetness in mid-flower. I can tell that the skunk will dominate once cured, but SS is not the roadkill I thought I might've had a line on. Good but not approaching the greatness of the genetics I've been working w/ the past few years. Not the plant I thought I had when I took 20 cuts 6-7 weeks ago. lol

The SS x Snk1 that I thought I was growing is somewhere in there. The roadkill is somewhere out there. It's fun. :cool:

she is very elusive that much were all finding out first hand!!...sorry yours last round was not what you were looking for, but if your onto something PLEASE keep working at it..

peace:)

Disambiguator

Disambiguator

she is very elusive that much were all finding out first hand!!...sorry yours last round was not what you were looking for, but if your onto something PLEASE keep working at it..

peace:)
I think you and this thread have inspired a project. I keep a degree of variety in my rooms, (nothing touching what JAWS and some of you are doing), but my bread and butter comes from chems, diesels, and a couple of africans. I'm taking cuts from a Malawi this weekend that will be filling up a new room that I should be wrapping up construction on this week. Taking the cuts is my way of "insuring" the timely completion of the room.. lol

I might not find the ultimate, 3 bag , road kill, old school, skunkweed, but I'll be bringing some new (to me) skunks into the mix and continue working through and showing some pics of my own mixed bag if anything shows up that's interesting.

JAWS

JAWS

I think you and this thread have inspired a project. I keep a degree of variety in my rooms, (nothing touching what JAWS and some of you are doing), but my bread and butter comes from chems, diesels, and a couple of africans. I'm taking cuts from a Malawi this weekend that will be filling up a new room that I should be wrapping up construction on this week. Taking the cuts is my way of "insuring" the timely completion of the room.. lol

I might not find the ultimate, 3 bag , road kill, old school, skunkweed, but I'll be bringing some new (to me) skunks into the mix and continue working through and showing some pics of my own mixed bag if anything shows up that's interesting.

cant ask for more then that my friend, and if ya come across something REALLY REALLY stinky PLEASE drop a line......i'll be checking in now and again to see what your up to for-sure...

on-ward brother:)

J

justblazen

Active Farmer
and here is AFHO #4, took off a couple of nuggs early since they are dense already. This pheno reeks of OG, and is very close to her mother in smell, and frostyness. I'm gonna have to pop more beans again. BTW this girl was recently pollinated with some strawberry diesel stud dust. I painted some bottom branches.

IMG 1876
IMG 1869

pork

pork

starting to get into some more organized breeding over here..just started collecting pollen on a few choice males:

pitbull (stony girl gardens)
cripit (stony girl garens)
blackwater (cali connection)
girl scout cookies (2 different males)
julius caesar (cali connection)
tahoe og (cali connection)
and possibly a williams wonder or 2

ahh jeez...not to think about the females that'll get dusted with this juju...

adam's haze (?? of origins, sept finishing (7wk) yielding, hazey goodness)
hashplant from tx (super skunk x thai) x vietnamese) x mtf) from early 90s in austin
blackwater
william's wonder
blackberry kush
pineapple
girl scout cookies
pitbull
cripit

and more that i'm too lazy to list/thinking that's already a shit ton of beans to work with...

i'll keep y'all informed on the progress...any suggestions of crosses you'd like to see?

JAWS

JAWS

starting to get into some more organized breeding over here..just started collecting pollen on a few choice males:

pitbull (stony girl gardens)
cripit (stony girl garens)
blackwater (cali connection)
girl scout cookies (2 different males)
julius caesar (cali connection)
tahoe og (cali connection)
and possibly a williams wonder or 2

ahh jeez...not to think about the females that'll get dusted with this juju...

adam's haze (?? of origins, sept finishing (7wk) yielding, hazey goodness)
hashplant from tx (super skunk x thai) x vietnamese) x mtf) from early 90s in austin
blackwater
william's wonder
blackberry kush
pineapple
girl scout cookies
pitbull
cripit

and more that i'm too lazy to list/thinking that's already a shit ton of beans to work with...

i'll keep y'all informed on the progress...any suggestions of crosses you'd like to see?

as far as i know THERE IS NO MALE GIRL SCOUT COOKIES there are lots of cuts of her now days but if you droped seeds and there not ALL FEMALE then there a HYBRID so please dont be duting your CUT and calling the seeds GIRL SCOUT COOKIES REGULAR SEEDS because they wont be, theres is a male of another strain in play here and you should do what you can to flush it out BEFORE doing any seed making with it..

peace;)

P.S. that PITBULL & CRIPIT should be worth your time from what im hearing...

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Id say use that hajplant that is something the masses need to be checking out, maybe hit with that williams wonder. If I had one piece of advice. If you really wanna take the strain serious then keep it small. Use one male and a wide range of females. In the next few generations keep it diverse, dont use just one female and one male, use a wide range plants the more the better. Youll get far far better results. Have fun and test test test. Cant wait to see what you do maing.

pork

pork

yeah jaws, i'm skeptical of the girl scout cookies as well...but it comes from a reputable source here in norcal..so who knows...it came from a bean at some point so they have to exist...

but you're right, i'm not planning on saying i've got anything near the real deal GSC cut (that's at the homie's spot right now, a little closer but still out of reach)...

good advice DWB...the hashplant is certainly a strain to work with, tastes like ruby red grapefruits..smells incredible too (flower and smoke even)...i had a club owner smell me out at a festival just from puffing her...

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I think jaws was saying that the GSC was a fem. cross. And that if you find males it would have to be a hybrid, and the subsequent pedigree should be gone through carefully to weed out any hermie issues and such.

Thats dope about the smell I kicked myself in the ass for passing that cut up. I knew it was special when I heard you talking about it.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I think jaws was saying that the GSC was a fem. cross. And that if you find males it would have to be a hybrid, and the subsequent pedigree should be gone through carefully to weed out any hermie issues and such.

Thats dope about the smell I kicked myself in the ass for passing that cut up. I knew it was special when I heard you talking about it.

he was saying that GSC aka thin mints is a clone only. yes you can get GSC seeds but they arent the sought after thin mints pheno that started the whole craze, so saying you have GSC is kind of misleading being as everyone expects that pheno when you say you have GSC.

Top Bottom