the preservation project.......

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kriya

Awesome guyz, would love to hear more about some of the less well known stock.. are you guyz working from seed stock or cuttingss? Crosses in mind?

Reactions: mal
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
All right ladies and gentlemen.. here are some strains to add to the list!

Acapulco Gold
Colombian Gold
Colombian Black
Manga Rosa
North Indian Landrace
"Mango" Equatorial Sativa (suspected Highland Thai)
African Rooibaard

Are these considered land races? Looking great. Does this mean the fl kryppies are being offered in seed form?

outwest

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

Are these considered land races? Looking great.

outwest

Manga Rosa is an IBL: ~100% Sativa: circa 1970's

Columbian Gold is a Landrace Sativa, but some places list it as an IBL.

Columbian Black is a Landrace Sativa. It more than likely ended up in Columbia as part of the Columbian Exchange, as the licorice fragrance and flavor, present in strains such as Congolese Black, are also present in the Columbian Black. It has a similar effects profile as well. If that were the case, you would have to trace the strain's history all the way back to when cannabis arrived in Africa, as it is not indigenous to the continent. So we can look WAY back, and say that in 2,000 BC, or before, either Persia or India brought cannabis to Egypt. Somewhere around the 14th century, cannabis had spread into the more southern regions of Africa. With that having been stated, the strain is old as hell ;-)

I would imagine the Equatorial Sativa is a landrace.

The African (Swazi) Rooibaard is a landrace.

Acapulco Gold is listed as a Landrace, but for some reason, I thought a strain had to have been bread for over one-hundred years in order to be classified as such.. and Mexican Acapulco Gold is not that old.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Manga Rosa is an IBL: ~100% Sativa: circa 1970's

Columbian Gold is a Landrace Sativa, but some places list it as an IBL.

Columbian Black is a Landrace Sativa. It more than likely ended up in Columbia as part of the Columbian Exchange, as the licorice fragrance and flavor, present in strains such as Congolese Black, are also present in the Columbian Black. It has a similar effects profile as well. If that were the case, you would have to trace the strain's history all the way back to when cannabis arrived in Africa, as it is not indigenous to the continent. So we can look WAY back, and say that in 2,000 BC, or before, either Persia or India brought cannabis to Egypt. Somewhere around the 14th century, cannabis had spread into the more southern regions of Africa. With that having been stated, the strain is old as hell ;-)

I would imagine the Equatorial Sativa is a landrace.

The African (Swazi) Rooibaard is a landrace.

Acapulco Gold is listed as a Landrace, but for some reason, I thought a strain had to have been bread for over one-hundred years in order to be classified as such.. and Mexican Acapulco Gold is not that old.

Ummm. . .Any deets about the FL Kryppies? I told some homies and they flipped their shit. Gracias.

outwest

Motarebel

Motarebel

Ummm. . .Any deets about the FL Kryppies? I told some homies and they flipped their shit. Gracias.

outwest

I got conflicting reports on what krippy is or should be. My seeds are unconfirmed and it seems like Krippy was to FL. like Kush is to Cali.,a marketting ploy. Not saying it's not good,just hard to confirm unless one had firsthand knowledge.

sox

sox

Any one have any BSHW going? i saw some posts a few pages back, but they stopped.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I got conflicting reports on what krippy is or should be. My seeds are unconfirmed and it seems like Krippy was to FL. like Kush is to Cali.,a marketting ploy. Not saying it's not good,just hard to confirm unless one had firsthand knowledge.

Honestly, there was no real Kryppie in SFL. It was just what kind bud was referred to because most weed then was mexibrick. Like the Gainesville Green. I refer to these as mythological strains.

Thanks, bro.

outwest

S

SAPP

Premium Member
Supporter
I know a lot of people are crazy about kushes but this excites me, Thanks for bringing these back Mota, I will try to get them all.

K

Kriya

It's all about phenomenal strains IMHO, kush or otherwise. GOod meds (meaning the best) should be available to everyone in need. thanks for spreading the love without watering down the goodness..

B

Burned Haze

My My My, Might have to try :P

I'm with Sapp on this one.... I'm preety excited about some of these rare genes <3 !

-BH

johnursery

johnursery

crippy was like kush is to cali but the main thing was its colombian gold influence from the original crippy's, you could always see that lime green color and it had an uplifting high that carried through but was still so relaxed...just keep working with that gold and youll have something better than the original crippy IMO :)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
crippy was like kush is to cali but the main thing was its colombian gold influence from the original crippy's, you could always see that lime green color and it had an uplifting high that carried through but was still so relaxed...just keep working with that gold and youll have something better than the original crippy IMO :)

I've got memories of that lime green. Mmmmm.

outwest

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

I have heard that Crippie was a Sativa-dominant strain, with an extreme creeping effect -taking sometimes over 20 minutes to really kick in, and a long lasting high.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I have heard that Crippie was a Sativa-dominant strain, with an extreme creeping effect -taking sometimes over 20 minutes to really kick in, and a long lasting high.

That makes sense given the jamaican or mexi that it was derived from.

outwest

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

I have heard two main stories that would make sense:

It is a Sativa-dominant hybrid, based off of some form of Colombian Landrace genetics.
It is a descendant of the Black Haze (Which is probably a descendant of one of the old NYC Hazes, which were brought to NYC as part of the Original Haze stock from Santa Cruz)

The name crippie/crippy/krippy has been overused for a very long time. Nowadays, it seems to be a generic term, like headies, fire, loud, dro, etc.

Even the name is controversial. Some say it is because the strain is neon-green (or at least, a very vivid green) - Kryptonite. Some say it is because the creeping effect - Creepy. Who knows? They both have validity, so it's hard to tell. It seems to me that any sativa-dominant strain, grown in Florida, with a creeping effect, and neon-green color, is called crippy. Some say that it is any HAZE descendant that follows those above characteristics is crippy.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Kryptochronyak would be a hella dope name for a super dank strain that has a cognac type flavor....

On another note, brotha Mota could be making crosses with the real deal original northern lights #1 but was to lazy to come meet up with his buddy skunkmaster :) lol, just messing with ya mota. Hope everything is better out there for ya since the last time we talked. Great looking new line of crosses you got Rollin out here brotha. One love ~Smf~

K

Kriya

Stocking up on Mota gear... recently popped: 3 Bounty hunter....

Recently won via auction: Orange Kush x Ubc chemo
upcoming purchase: Double Koosh, Fugu Koosh, P.O.W

Done grown out: Oguana Kush , Grendel..
made a cross with the OGuana (Arcata TW x LUI {Ortega pheno, WH work})... turned out delicous (more sativa-ish then I expected), but not body stone enough.. (I have severe neck injury and Crohn's)..

Still have 3 phenos of the Grendel going (out of 5 seeds!!).. 2 more fruity, 1 sour skunky

Super excited to see what the Bounty Hunter, and P.O.W. have to hold.. wow, super exciting.

Stay safe, keep growing

~ Kriya

- 5 minutes of meditation a day will change your life (or your money back!!!)

nebulius

nebulius

Honestly, there was no real Kryppie in SFL. It was just what kind bud was referred to because most weed then was mexibrick. Like the Gainesville Green. I refer to these as mythological strains.

Thanks, bro.

outwest
Yea, in Cali everyone used to call weed either green bud or red bud. Then they started calling the good stuff Chronic which I thought was a mythological strain but guess it's a strain that won high times cup in '94.

johnursery

johnursery

since 1998 lol of course everything was called crippy then, it was before then, it was in the early 90's when i first started getting crippy and nothing after that compared, like ive said before the original crippy i believe strongly having had both, has a strong influence of colombian gold but was a hybrid, maybe it was a black haze that leaned towards colombian gold or something along those lines but having had grown up to know what crippy was i knew when it was called something else also as the term mutated into a generic term like hydro, it didnt take long either before you couldnt find anymore crippy...but to say it was never there, is insulting to the people who remember it...that would be like saying there was never a real og kush because everything is called og kush now but wait a couple decades and then see how easy it is to get original og kush or to find it at all, and now at least we have internet connections we didnt have back then

Latest posts

Top Bottom