the preservation project.......

• Thread starter Motarebel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sox

sox

Whats up w/the BSHW Mota?? we gunna see that gal pretty soon or what?

WV Mike

WV Mike

We have been growing out a Herijuana clone for the past three years that I was able to land from a friend who didn't know what he had. It is hands down everyone's favorite strain that we produce, defeating anything we put up against it from TGA seeds.

slausongardens

slausongardens

I have some straight from Tuck, in the vault, lol. I also have some critical mass if you wantin to mess with some worked big bud

i got some that are supposedly from tuck, well they might have been worked a bit since coming from him, dont know exactly but theyre big ass huge seeds.. ive noticed the ones from mota and sannie are small seeds. these other ones are completely different and big as shit.. but still herijuana nonetheless just a little bit different.

are yours big too or are they small like motas herijuana beans? the tuck ones im talking about.

C

CobbCreekBob

big and nicely mottled, my source is an old timer in some swamp somewhere, hehe, I was told I got 3/4 of an unworked 10 pack straight from Tuck. I have no reason to doubt itk he's been right on with everything else we have either traded or he's gifted me.

Comacus

Comacus

What method do you use for long term seed storage? I am also interested in preserving genetics for future projects.

I have collected many seeds. Most are stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator with a bit of dehydrated rice to absorb any moisture.

I also dried a few seeds to a very low moisture content and have them in the freezer. I think these will store the longest but also probably have the most risk of damage if the moisture content was too high when they were frozen.

For the seeds in the refrigerator, when I plan to get a batch of seeds out, I let the jar warm to room temperature so there is not condensation formed in the jar when it is opened. Do you think this warming and chilling will have a negative effect on the long term viability of the collection?

420alldaze

420alldaze

wow mota there are some serious old skool stuff bein tossed around here. got me wanting to rock a room full of your gear right now:) thanks for all you do to preserve/bring back old genetics.
42o

Comacus

Comacus

Some of these I am not familiar with but most can be found at The Attitude Ceed Bank through breeders there. Some can also be found here on the Farm. Ace Ceeds has a Panama strain. Gage Green has some landrace Columbians. Gooey Breeder just released a Kona Sunset. You might try that for the Maui. Hazeman released the Molokai Frost. U.S.C. Ceeds over at Sannie's has a ColumbianxLambsbread cross and Double Jam a cross of two Jamaicans.

Just do some googling and use the search bar here and at The Attitude, and you should be able to find most of what you are looking for in your list.

You have quite a list for your own Preservation Project!

symbiote420

symbiote420

Nice, I was gifted beans of this beauty from ndnguy as well, I've been told to look out for the purple pheno!

How's the smell?
I've seen some huge monster buds grown from this cross the size of forearms!

calyxian

calyxian

I've had a fat sack of Toxic Blue f3 in the fridge over 6 years.
I loved the TB so relive them every now and then.
Pretty much weeded the Widow pheno out of these.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The strain I remember was "Lambsbread". At least that's what it seems to be called nowadays. My uncle called it "Lambsbreath" When I smoked it in the early 70's my uncle who was an ironworker in both Puerta Rico and Jamaica turned me on to an ounce. Hands down some of the best erb I have ever smoked. Would love to get a line on some of the original genetics if it is still out there.

dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

Ok who's holding beans of that Christmas tree weed that old super Piney Afghan? Bring it back please the world is missing it.lol
Respect
a buddy of mine has the sno cap which is piney old school green&red christmas tree weed trying to get a cut but havent made it out to him .
plans keep getting messed up last couple of times , gonna give it to mota for him to work some magic with it ... finger crossed ....
DGD

B

barefoot

the problem with trying to re-live the ganj from the past is most don't have the latitude/environment to replicate what they experienced......let alone the original genepool.........such as with the lambsbread................. mostly sats from their orgin are the hardest to replicate taste/high from old days......if one could........and to think an indoor environment can even come close is a joke.....................

best to all in your quest ......................

ganj on....................................................

Top Bottom