The Resistance Sun Glasses for growrooms...

• Thread starter ismokepot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ismokepot

I first saw these in High Times magazine and have ordered them with a 30 day "non questions asked" return policy. They should be here tomorrow. Customer Service was very responsive and they shipped immediately. Here's the advertisement and web site link:

Quick Description:

Premium growroom optics engineered to provide true-color and balanced light in the harshest conditions.
$200.00
Frame Color Black

Method Seven glass lenses were developed so people who work under High Pressure Sodium Lighting (HPS) can protect their eyes and see natural colors. HPS lights are the most efficient and powerful light sources on the market for growing indoor plants. However, because these lights make everything look yellow, it is nearly impossible to evaluate the well being of plants when viewed under this lighting. Using Method Seven lenses you can see the natural colors of plants being grown under HPS Lighting conditions. There are also benefits for glass blowers in some applications (when light intensity isn't too high).

I

ismokepot

Jay.......went to the site. Couldn't find anything like these on there?????? I did order a catalog though.

evu80

evu80

sorry to derail your thread, but I'm a newbie and how many of you wear some sort of sun glasses to protect your eyes from the bright rays.

About 4 months ago I had my first exposure to HPS and when I left my room, I literally couldnt see anything else for 5 mins while my eyes readjust to the normal light.

Recently I notice my eyes dont dilate as much when I leave me room and this concerns me alot. Should I be worried about long term vision problems if I continue to work in my room without any sort of eye protection

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
When I moved up to 1000w from 600 I noticed it hurt my eyes and head sometimes so got these glasses. The link I put up takes you to glasses that have a coating to fix the light so you will see true colors under hps and also will protect your eyes from ir and uv. There are also more expensive glasses, go to the general eye protection area of the website and you will see them. Just note you should go for the darker lenses if you want real protection, the lighter one will help and will fix the colors from sodium lighting, but won't protect as much as darker ones. The more expensive glasses have special glass rather than just a coating to protect and correct the colors.

As usual anything sold in hydro shop can be found cheaper elsewhere. When they market anything to pot growers the price goes way up.

JB

GreenSpoon

GreenSpoon

hold on i get two styles for ya

ok shade 5 should be good mine for cutting(witha torch) are have 7

A504-1524_product.jpg

then here you got your steampunk style but super blue collar and reliable!
http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-AB-G95-5-SEPTLS101ABG955-Welders-Goggles/dp/B002390YUC
31iDpRMzYVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

pistone1971

pistone1971

just curious if when your wearing these glasses is less eye strain and does the room look more like daylight?

I

ismokepot

Still not sure these are the same type of glasses........ I'm most concerned about color correction (removing the yellow from the lamps) so I can see the true color of the leaves for plant issues.

I

ismokepot

Mine arrived today and although I'll hold off on a formal review until I use them a bit, here's my initial comments:

1. They are high quality, very well made i.e. very sturdy heavy duty plastic, heavy duty hinges, and a well made storage case and presentation.

2. The are made in Italy.

3. I looked straight into the 1000 watt HP with no problem. It does block the yellow so everything viewed appears to look like it's under a white (metal halide), which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Here is a customer service response that may be helpful:

"Dear ismokepot, How important are your eyes? If you are wearing regular sunglasses in your grow-room, you're not protected from UVC & Infrared (most sunglasses protect from UVA & UVB). Actually, you are doing more damage because your pupil is opening up to compensate for the dark lens, and letting more UV to your cornea. We spared no expense formulating these to make sure growers were protected. Expensive? Cornea damage is cumulative, like sunburn."

The other glasses mentioned by others above are not the same, IMO. The lenses here are not very dark, per se and when viewed, everything appears bright and clear- just like being outside on a sunny day. But no glare at all and therefore no squinting necessary. More to follow after I try them for a few days......

Venom818

Venom818

i tried just regular glasses yesterday and man do they make a difference I know these arent up to par but wanted to see if they made a difference and they do

Tank333

Tank333

I gotta sub this so I can order these in a bit.

I'm pretty sure the $65 ones will be just as good as the $200 ones.

S

smalltime99

I gotta sub this so I can order these in a bit.

I'm pretty sure the $65 ones will be just as good as the $200 ones.

Not sure cause the UV rays that come from our HPS bulbs is like no other. Then also when they make sunglasses it is for outside...meaning the UV is different than our room where we have all the light in one little area. I pickup up a set of these and my eyes are thanking me every night!!
http://www.thehydrolife.com/products/dark-green-fit-over-goggles

ST

Tank333

Tank333

Looking at all the available info from that site, it looks like its pretty much the same glasses marketed by a hydroponics site. I'll bet you if tell me the manufaturer's name, I can find those exact ones online for $60-100 less... ;)

S

smalltime99

Ya I believe HF is the maker of them. Not 100% on that. When I made my order and had more stuff on it, I paid around $140 for them. Then again when it comes to my vision....I don't care about 40bucks. Some things aren't worth penny pinching.

Tank333

Tank333

Its not penny pinching if its designed for EXACTLY the same thing. Its smart buying, not impulse buying.

I understand you spent a bunch and want to defend your purchase. But just look at the details on each of those items. They describe the EXACT same safety features! Its just one website markets to welders and glassworkers, and yours markets to a niche crowd that's 95% illegal.

Illegality/legal grey areas=higher profits for retailers. Its just the way the market works.

pistone1971

pistone1971

Still not sure these are the same type of glasses........ I'm most concerned about color correction (removing the yellow from the lamps) so I can see the true color of the leaves for plant issues.

Can't hurt to try them then. thanks

S

smalltime99

Its not penny pinching if its designed for EXACTLY the same thing. Its smart buying, not impulse buying.

I understand you spent a bunch and want to defend your purchase. But just look at the details on each of those items. They describe the EXACT same safety features! Its just one website markets to welders and glassworkers, and yours markets to a niche crowd that's 95% illegal.

Illegality/legal grey areas=higher profits for retailers. Its just the way the market works.

I hear ya Tank no problems at all. I have been in the custom fabrication business for ten years plus. Your right my welding glasses work kinda the same....they are just heavy..lol But like anything "new" to a market...it is always overpriced and I can see these coming down in price. Also don't have the time to look for the smokin deals and I don't mind spending the money. just like service departments now at a local dealership, get your car serviced and show loyalty to that service department, you can usually get some freebies. Well same for most hydro stores these days....they understand the internet and shopping around. It doesn't always happen but sometimes.

Top Bottom