The Skunky Dunk farm

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Thanks guys!
I'm telling you, it is a hard decision to run these LED's.
I planted my first beans in '72, that's last century for you younguns.
We can simulate the sun, the wind, the humidity. All the stuff needed for a plant to grow outside,,,, except for the room for the roots to stretch.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I used to use buckets when I first went indoors, then way later discovered fabric pots and thinking because of air pruning I went with a 3 gal size for about 5 years. Then upped to 15 gal and nothing else changed except size of containers and yields for almost any variety nearly doubled!
Fast forward to 2010 and I found what I use now exclusively, the Smart Pot Long bags!
Lots of soil, lots of flowers.
Same quality just more of it.

Of course this is just my experience.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I used to use buckets when I first went indoors, then way later discovered fabric pots and thinking because of air pruning I went with a 3 gal size for about 5 years. Then upped to 15 gal and nothing else changed except size of containers and yields for almost any variety nearly doubled!
Fast forward to 2010 and I found what I use now exclusively, the Smart Pot Long bags!

You know I'm glad you said that because when I was pushing some sticks down into my 3 gallon pots, on a couple of the mature mothers that I'm about to flower I could barely push it down because of the root mass!?

so I put some 5gal. fabric pots in my cart but I've been on the fence but I'm going to order them right now because of what you said, first time ever using them! thanks for the info

Moshmen

Moshmen

New here of course but I run autoflower in limited space I’m currently trying multiple containers , I run 1,2 and 3 gallon fabric bags. What I like about the larger containers/soil is they seem to be less maintenance overall! Until chop day, lol someday when I have a room those long bags will line the floor,

Sorry my question really is how many plants do you get in there with out one choking the other ? You mentioned 5 earlier?

basscaptain

basscaptain

here's the thing the fab pots arn't the real size of a plastic..... so you really................................................................................REALLY Should be going solo cup -2gal veg 5gl Flower then you only have to worry about the last few weeks for FOOD.....................................................................

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
New here of course but I run autoflower in limited space I’m currently trying multiple containers , I run 1,2 and 3 gallon fabric bags. What I like about the larger containers/soil is they seem to be less maintenance overall! Until chop day, lol someday when I have a room those long bags will line the floor,

Sorry my question really is how many plants do you get in there with out one choking the other ? You mentioned 5 earlier?

I had 5 last go because that's how many gals I ended up with.
I have run 9 in these long bags with same results.

basscaptain

basscaptain

the 2 gal fab is the same size as 1 gal paint can... the 5 fab is like 4 gal plastic drywall bucket now a days......... just my 2 cents

Top Bottom